• 10 Best Hybrid Cars Under $30,000

2013 Toyota Prius c Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $17,468 - $18,180.

10/7.8

9.3

Based on 51 Ratings for the 2012 - 2014 models.

9.8/10

Great Hybrid

By on Monday, July 29, 2013

"Great car and great MPG"

Owned since March, 2013.

By on Sunday, July 21, 2013

"Overall MPG so far is 63.5, which is amazing. I love driving this car, as the more I drive, the more I save."

Prius C Second Prius

By on Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Pros: "Eceonomy, comfort, appearance, sufficiant power"

Cons: "If I ever find a con, I will review again"

My Prius C with new wheel covers

"My wife drives her Prius 50 mils a day to and from work. We drive to schul which is also 50 miles round trip. She has a 2010 Prius 3, mine a 2013 Prius C. She averages 50 plus miles per gallon consistently, I am getting 54 plus. We have only had one recall for an adjustment to the battery charge while breaking. Other than that, we have been trouble free for four years. My Prius C, of is economical as is hers, comfy, as is hers, and on a trip from Seattle to Yuma AZ, the Grand Canyon and back to Seattle, we never had a problem with the 2010, and expect the same performance and reliability with the Prius C. If you want a rocket, or a hauler the Prius C isn't for you, but if you want value economy and a small carbon foot print, Toyota Prius and Prius C is for you. We are sold, and if we ever purchase another car, you can be sure it will be a Toyota Prius or Prius C. I see no reason however to ever need another car. Amazing little cars, there are none better."

My Prius C with new wheel covers

Cold Weather

By on Friday, June 21, 2013

Pros: "Gas Savings, Reliability, Price Range"

Cons: "Lack of power"

"I own this car since August 2012. I live in Wisconsin. I didn't know what to expect and was not a great fan of Toyota brand. I owned Dodge & Nissan vehicles previously. But my view changed after owning this car. On an average mileage during winter/snow I got from 45 to 55miles per gallon. This is during Dec/Jan/Feb/March. Mileage improved after that & now my monthly average is over 60miles. I've got 85 to 99 on short trip down hill some times. Note that this is with mix of single and riding with family. I'm totally happy with this car. One thing I would suggest Toyota is to improve the power on Prius C and extend its electric drive mode range to 55 from 40."

Best MPG Car

By on Monday, May 27, 2013

Pros: "Good Fuel Economy"

Cons: "Back Seats not for everyone"

"2013 Prius C is an excellent car around the city. It has a fuel economy of 47.8 mpg city/highway combine. If you don't like gas station, then this is the car for you. If you want power, then you are looking at the wrong car. I commute short distance every day, so Prius C serves me well. If you are looking to save gas, then buy the Prius C. If you are looking for power and driving on the highway, then you might want to look at Malibu or Camry. It's up to you. Test drive and give yourself options and considerations before buying your new car. Happy car shopping!"

By far the best car I have ever owned or driven!

By on Friday, May 24, 2013

Pros: "My Prius is so much fun to own and drive!"

Cons: "I honestly can't think of even one negative!"

"This car is LITERALLY paying for itself! I have done the math and with the current fuel prices being the highest they've been in a while, I have come to the conclusion that what I am saving in fuel cost is far-outweighing the monthly payments that I am making! Also, I can zip in and out of any spot or through and around any traffic better than I have in any other vehicle I have ever owned or driven. In short, I LOVE MY PRIUS!!!"

Glad I bought this car

By on Monday, May 20, 2013

Pros: "It's all about gas mileage. Dependable, 50+ mpg"

Cons: "none yet"

"It's all about gas mileage. Dependable, crazy 50+ mpg. Going uphills you feel a lack of power but the solution is cruise control. I set the cruise going up steep hills and the power seems fine. Bluetooth and my iPhone work seamless. Interior has plenty of room for a compact car. Easy to drive and saves a ton of gas. I thought my gas gauge was broken because it took so long to move off full."

GPS

By on Sunday, May 19, 2013

"GPS no good,too slow ,when the car running ,GPS can not setup"

Super gas saver car.

By on Saturday, May 04, 2013

Pros: "48.7 mpg."

Cons: "Alloy wheel is not a standard feature."

"If you look to save gas, then look at Prius C. 2013 Prius C is actually getting 48.7 mpg combine city/highway. Overall, it's a great car."

Love Love Love

By on Thursday, May 02, 2013

Pros: "Great Value, Fun Ride, and Amazing Gas Mileage!"

Cons: "None that I haven't already figured out."

"I was a Subaru fanatic until I found this car. About a week before working a 70+ hour work week due to a job change, and moving into a job where a reliable vehicle is a must, my 2005 Subaru Impreza Outback died on the Interstate. I was devastated, but wanted to invest the $5000 to get it back to almost new condition. Some words of wisdom from family, friends, and coworkers got me at least considering the idea of purchasing a new car (my Subaru has never died on me and I will still say that it was worth it to put the money into it... but...). I got out and started looking at all of my different options. I looked at new cars, used cars, then finally decided to take a look at some hybrids since they are so economical. WOW! The Prius C blew me away. It's cuter than a full-sized Prius and it's a car I'm not embarrassed to drive. While there are some downsides: the dash and driver's cup holder being awkwardly placed to the point that a drink will "bump" the dash when you put it into the cup holder, the seats are a little hard, and the car does not have as much get-up-and-go as I would have liked... plus they don't make hybrids in a manual version. However, I have learned to overcome all of these and am extremely happy with my choice. I tilt drinks ever so slightly, purchased some cushioned seat covers, and have learned to enjoy the ease of an automatic transmission. When paired with my killer gas mileage, quick maneuvering capabilities (hello amazing parallel parker!), and the fact that the car can definitely keep up on the highway or around town, I believe I made a wonderful choice and have not regretted it once in the few weeks that I've owned this gem of a vehicle. Plus... it's so quiet that sometimes I feel like it's not even running."