• 10 Best Hybrid Cars Under $30,000

2013 Toyota Prius c Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $17,501 - $18,218.

10/7.8

9.3

Based on 50 Ratings for the 2012 - 2014 models.

9.8/10

Not a sports car

By on Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Pros: "Great gas mileage, reliable, easy to maintain"

Cons: "Sluggish, uncomfortable seats"

"If you are looking for basic, reliable and economic transportation look no further, if you want a sports car look elsewhere. Gas mileage in the city (Miami) averages around 50 mpg. On long highway trips I get about 46 - 50 mpg depending on speed an AC usage. The care seems very reliable and is easy to work on (oil changes, plugs, brakes, etc.). The seats are not the most comfortable. The layout is good, roomy interior, enough leg room. The engine is a bit sluggish when you really need acceleration but that's to be expected."

SUPERB VEHICLE

By on Tuesday, March 05, 2013

Pros: "Gas savings pays for the car"

Cons: "Interior fabric and colors could use improvement."

"Drove a BMW 3 series. This C Two saves me about $392/month in fuel costs. So, the way I look at it - the car pays for itself! My actual MPG are much higher than Toyota states. I get 72 in town and 45 on the highway. The only thing I would change about the car is the interior, it's all black/gray fabric - leather should be an option. I just ordered a new one, paid $1100 additional for leather."

Designed for the city, but great anywhere!

By on Saturday, February 01, 2014

Pros: "MPG, great turning circle, fun to drive"

Cons: "I'd like about 2 inches more leg room in the front"

"If you're looking for great MPG, look no further. Summer MPG: average 58+, winter MPG: average 44+ (exceptions: high humidity and below zero temperatures, which affect all cars' MPG...take 10 MPG off each). It's not as spacious as the original Prius (which I also owned), but it is comfortable, though tall (over 6 feet) people need not apply, and four adults and one small child can be accommodated. Highway speeds, though I do not condone speeding can be achieved, but MPG is reduced (less 10 MPG+ over 70 mph), and high winds will affect sway. Like most small cars noise can be excessive, but the radio can be heard. Owned this PriusC-2 for 19 months and no repairs have been needed. Rear seats fold down for extra room in back. Cruise control is very exact and the engine brake works well in slowing the car down, even from highway speeds."

Best MPG Car

By on Monday, May 27, 2013

Pros: "Good Fuel Economy"

Cons: "Back Seats not for everyone"

"2013 Prius C is an excellent car around the city. It has a fuel economy of 47.8 mpg city/highway combine. If you don't like gas station, then this is the car for you. If you want power, then you are looking at the wrong car. I commute short distance every day, so Prius C serves me well. If you are looking to save gas, then buy the Prius C. If you are looking for power and driving on the highway, then you might want to look at Malibu or Camry. It's up to you. Test drive and give yourself options and considerations before buying your new car. Happy car shopping!"

The future is NOW !

By on Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Pros: "Very easy to drive, great on gas even on highway!"

"I am 48 years old and one entry in my bucket list goes "Drive a hybrid car" before I am no longer capable of driving. I did interviw a lot of taxi drivers driving the larger Pruises and it was interesting to note that none of them had any negative comment about their vehicle. They give the Prius very high regard for driver comfort, reliability and its long lasting battery (most of them have clicked over 100K miles) and just like that pink bunny...it just keeps going..and going!! This pretty much added to my desire to get one. Then the vehicle gods gave me a better option with the youngest member of the Prius brood. The "C" variant. So far I am averaging 54mpg. So far so good! I got the top-of-the-line model Prius C. It has all the bells and whistles you'll find in a luxury car like push button start. The built in Navigation system and hands-free blue tooth connectivity is top notch! The many ways the car's computer tells you how much gas you are consuming (or saving) and the throng of other infotainment at your fingertips is just mind blowing! (They say this model was brought in from Japan as CBU) On the downside, it may be not that responsive coming from a stop light (this is not good for people who jack-rabbit start). As they say - this car was built for mpg, not mph. But on the upside - my wife now has better peace of mind knowing that I spend less time on the fast lane =) Thank you vehicle gods! One less entry in my bucket list."