• 10 Best Hybrid Cars Under $30,000

2013 Toyota Prius c Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $17,264 - $17,996.

10/7.8

9.3

Based on 55 Ratings for the 2012 - 2014 models.

9.8/10

Cold Weather

By on Friday, June 21, 2013

Pros: "Gas Savings, Reliability, Price Range"

Cons: "Lack of power"

"I own this car since August 2012. I live in Wisconsin. I didn't know what to expect and was not a great fan of Toyota brand. I owned Dodge & Nissan vehicles previously. But my view changed after owning this car. On an average mileage during winter/snow I got from 45 to 55miles per gallon. This is during Dec/Jan/Feb/March. Mileage improved after that & now my monthly average is over 60miles. I've got 85 to 99 on short trip down hill some times. Note that this is with mix of single and riding with family. I'm totally happy with this car. One thing I would suggest Toyota is to improve the power on Prius C and extend its electric drive mode range to 55 from 40."

Nice Package: Good Value, Super Handling, Green!

By on Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Pros: "Saving Planet. Design, Economy, Versatile, Cute!"

Cons: "Not a Ferrari"

"I am a Realtor and of course I do a lot of city, stop and go, and short trip driving. When I went shopping for a hybrid or other high mpg (fuel efficient) car I started out looking at used hybrids or new, small econ cars. I really wanted to keep it below $20,000 AND have incredible gas mileage. After several weeks of test driving and frustration I discovered the Prius C - What a great value compared to the standard Prius! I estimate that I am saving about $150 a month in gas expense vs my (Turbo)Subaru. Years down the road when my car payment is done this will make a huge difference in my quality of life - that extra $150 to $200 a month! For maximum fuel efficiency, the acceleration takes some getting used to, physically and psychologically. I had an Audi A4 years ago, and then a Subaru with a turbo. So, I was used to having power and superior handling at my fingertips. There is enough power, when needed, in this vehicle - but the whole dynamic is different and a driver needs to anticipate acceleration when possible. However, cluing in to the gauges and learning how to get maximum efficiency has, in general, changed my driving style. It's fun to challenge myself and try to get 59 mgp on the flat, short trips. Long down-hills, like coming out of the mountains or off the foothills, it's WAY FUN to see the trip meter read at 78 to 99 mpg. The handling of the "C" class I found far superior to the older, (used), regular Prius versions. (I test drove several) and the turning radius, control, and steering is GREAT in this car. Aside from lacking pure, raw acceleration this baby DOES drive like a little sports car at city street speeds (15-45). It's not so impressive on the highway but performed better than several Honda's (stiff, bumpy ride), the Ford Fiesta, anything from Kia or Hyundai. Cabin design and the split-seat hatchback are incredibly versatile, and I've been able to get all kinds of large or bulky items into my Prius C with no problem at all. I even moved a medium size piece of antique furniture! Overall, I am happy with the Toyota Prius C - but the proof will be in the pudding long term. If I am still praising the quality in 5-10 years, and watching my gas dollars go farther than anyone else as gas approaches $5 a gallon again (it will), I expect my satisfaction with this vehicle to only grow from here."

SUPERB VEHICLE

By on Tuesday, March 05, 2013

Pros: "Gas savings pays for the car"

Cons: "Interior fabric and colors could use improvement."

"Drove a BMW 3 series. This C Two saves me about $392/month in fuel costs. So, the way I look at it - the car pays for itself! My actual MPG are much higher than Toyota states. I get 72 in town and 45 on the highway. The only thing I would change about the car is the interior, it's all black/gray fabric - leather should be an option. I just ordered a new one, paid $1100 additional for leather."

Best MPG Car

By on Monday, May 27, 2013

Pros: "Good Fuel Economy"

Cons: "Back Seats not for everyone"

"2013 Prius C is an excellent car around the city. It has a fuel economy of 47.8 mpg city/highway combine. If you don't like gas station, then this is the car for you. If you want power, then you are looking at the wrong car. I commute short distance every day, so Prius C serves me well. If you are looking to save gas, then buy the Prius C. If you are looking for power and driving on the highway, then you might want to look at Malibu or Camry. It's up to you. Test drive and give yourself options and considerations before buying your new car. Happy car shopping!"

The future is NOW !

By on Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Pros: "Very easy to drive, great on gas even on highway!"

"I am 48 years old and one entry in my bucket list goes "Drive a hybrid car" before I am no longer capable of driving. I did interviw a lot of taxi drivers driving the larger Pruises and it was interesting to note that none of them had any negative comment about their vehicle. They give the Prius very high regard for driver comfort, reliability and its long lasting battery (most of them have clicked over 100K miles) and just like that pink bunny...it just keeps going..and going!! This pretty much added to my desire to get one. Then the vehicle gods gave me a better option with the youngest member of the Prius brood. The "C" variant. So far I am averaging 54mpg. So far so good! I got the top-of-the-line model Prius C. It has all the bells and whistles you'll find in a luxury car like push button start. The built in Navigation system and hands-free blue tooth connectivity is top notch! The many ways the car's computer tells you how much gas you are consuming (or saving) and the throng of other infotainment at your fingertips is just mind blowing! (They say this model was brought in from Japan as CBU) On the downside, it may be not that responsive coming from a stop light (this is not good for people who jack-rabbit start). As they say - this car was built for mpg, not mph. But on the upside - my wife now has better peace of mind knowing that I spend less time on the fast lane =) Thank you vehicle gods! One less entry in my bucket list."

Cheap Commute for 40 mile Round Trips

By on Thursday, March 20, 2014

Pros: "Mileage / Warranty /Fit and Finish / Features"

Cons: "Slow Accel to Save fuel / Crazy "Other" drivers"

"I bought this car because I became tired of paying $4.10 for a gallon of premium for my 2003 Dodge SRT-4 and only getting 23 mpg tops in it since I bought it new. When I bought the SRT-4 back in 2003 premium gas was only $1.60 a gallon. Then Katrina hit and the petrol market exploded on prices and has never recovered. With this new sipper I can save over $30 a week on my commute to work, and save the rest to have fun in my 280hp turbo SRT-4 on weekends, or once in awhile at the track. I got the best warranty toyota offered @ 8 years / 125,000 mile warranty so if it breaks it is not my problem... its toyotas. I will repost my findings as of now my car only has 250 miles on it. but so far the power is plenty to get me from A TO B w/o beating my wallet up at the pump. I am still waiting for elio to produce their 84mpg car to buy. Maybe next year."

So Much to Love About this City Car!

By on Tuesday, March 18, 2014

"I love my Prius c! The gas mileage is AMAZING. Easy to park and zip around town. Don't let the size fool you. Fold down the back seats, and you have unexpected large cargo space. Plenty of cup holders and compartments. Controllers from steering wheel and Bluetooth functionality are really the cherry on top. A great value."

Best combination of compact looks and fuel economy

By on Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Pros: "Reliable as all toyotas are."

Cons: "A little pricy for a compact car."

"Has plenty of power for a fuel efficient compact car. Tight fit and finish. Ride as expected for a compact car. Quiet highway ride and handles well on the highway."

Over all a good item.

By on Sunday, September 22, 2013

I want this car

Pros: "Mileage is great and car is very relable."

Cons: "poor confort on long road trips."

"Great mileage, not a good road car for trips over 250 miles."

This car is amazing. Gtting close to 65 Mil/Gal

By on Tuesday, January 08, 2013

Pros: "Great price, fun to drive. Saves a lot of money."

Cons: "n/a"

"I'm honestly saving a lot of money every day I drive this car! I used to spend $10.00 a day for gas and my car was a sedan. Now I'm paying less than $2.50 a day!! I know it's unreal but it's true! It also runs great. I’m 6’ tall but I have a lot of leg room in this car. This car is a smart choice in today’s high gas prices. The selling price is also reasonable. I highly recommend this car."