• 2014 Compact Car Buyer's Guide

2013 Toyota Prius c Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $17,522 - $18,232.

10/7.8

9.3

Based on 50 Ratings for the 2012 - 2014 models.

9.8/10
Previous | 1 ... 7 8 9 10 | Next

Revision on "Best small car"

By on Saturday, October 06, 2012

Pros: "Almost every thing"

"I wrote my first review about 6 months ago. That review is known to be the most helpful review on kbb. Since then, I have put 4k on the car and got our fist service a week ago (through ToyotaCare) which was free and fast (40 min). Couple of months ago consumerreport gave the car a thumb down and many people have posted great or horrible reviews on Prius C. But every day that I drive my Prius C, I think that I made an excellent choice. My wife's view about the car has changed from 'good' to 'the best'. Its front seats are more comfortable for me (5'9") than our Honda CRV. Our daily round commute is about 15 miles (20-30% highway) and our combined mpg is 56. The lowest and highest mpg in a 6.5 mile driving in 'Eco Mode' have been 45 and 92 respectively. The mpg is greatly affected by driving behavior and outdoor temperature. The mpg drops in very hot days even if you don't turn on the A/C. I used to think that the car is slow but actually it can keep up with speed of other cars on roads and highways. I figured that if I want to experience a sporty drive, it will be cheaper to rent a car for a road trip. There are some small things that can be improved. Some people don't like its exterior but I really don't care about how it looks in others' eyes. I always want to enjoy my own driving and small things inside the car matter to me. The inside can be improved in terms of material quality. If you move the front seats very close to the dashboard, you can easily scratch your bare legs if rubbed against the plastic. Besides, it's somehow uncomfortable that to answer a call you have to push the top part of the 'phone' button on the radio (trim 'Two') but the bottom part of the 'phone' button on the steering! It would also be more convenient if there was a DC power outlet inside the armrest and if a power-adjustable seat was available. The 'heated seat' is unnecessary and too expensive; you can buy heated cushion for less than $30. It is definitely a small car and may not suit you if you have a large family. I don't want to push anyone to get a Prius C but it is worth test-driving one and comparing it with other cars."

More than you would expect

By on Wednesday, September 05, 2012

Pros: "Mileage"

"Traded in my 4 year old Yaris for the extra 50% gas mileage. I've not been disappointed, averaging over 50MPG. There are also a lot of extras (power windows, bluetooth,...) in the car that i wouldn't expect to find in a car designed to be the lowest cost hybrid. One thing to note is the engine warm-up. The mileage is only about 30mpg for the first (warm-up) mile. After that the mileage increases to nearer 60mpg. One negative note I've read is that it lacks power. It's true that it will take you a couple more seconds to get on the freeway and it's not my first choice for passing, but it alway has enough power to keep up with traffic and powers up and down the mountains here at 70mph. It's also as fast 0-30 as any car I've owned (it's the electric motor torque). I was pleasantly surprised the first time I floored it from a dead stop to merge with some traffic. Overall this car is much more than i expected from a car costing less than $20k."

Prius C Two has delivered more than I expected

By on Thursday, August 16, 2012

Pros: "gas mileage, price, fun to drive"

Cons: "not a race car, front cup holder/dashboard design"

"I bought this car going into a new job where I knew I'd be commuting apprx 60 mi round trip per day. This car has been spectacularly fuel efficient, averaging 52 mpg+ and sometimes 62 mpg. There are a ton of great features included on the Two kit. It doesn't accelerate especially fast, but when buying a car for efficiency it's not going to be a race car. Right after I purchased this car I drove it 2,200 mi cross country and it did really well. The seats didn't hurt my back at all after sitting in it for 3 solid days. Handled 75 mph well, did get a bit blown around during high wind gusts but nothing too outrageous for such a small car. It's a dream to parallel park! Love the way the bluetooth automatically connects with my iphone to play music. One of the best features (that I didn't even pay attention to when buying) is the ability to add in the price of gas, it even auto-prompts you when you fill up. The computer calculates your cost per trip - super cool! It also has a great display that can help you achieve even better fuel savings (I've gotten up to 82 mpg). I really love this car, have not regretted the choice once, and would totally recommend it. I think one of the main things I love about the car, is I'm pretty sure its smarter than me! Haha! For example, it won't let anyone adjust any major settings if the car is moving. It's a smart lil car! My only random complaints: - the car doesn't beep when you use the fob to lock it so I'm often nervous it isn't locked - the layout of the left cup holder & the dashboard makes it so you often scrape it when the driver puts a to-go cup down"

Best mpg I have ever seen

By on Saturday, August 11, 2012

Pros: "great gas mileage fun to drive"

Cons: "Radio does not have much bass"

"I had a ford fusion before this car. I find the prius c to be a better car all the way around. If you are looking for a fast car you will not like this car. The prius c is a little under power. I can be up to 70 mph when getting on the highway so it works for me top speed is about 108 mph.I have 7000 miles on the car and the over all avg mpg is 50 mpg the best I have seen is around 60 mpg in the city and 48 to 52 on the highway at 70 mph.The ac lowers your gas mileage by about 7 mpg but with the ac on I still get 44 to 48mpg so it is still good. The seats are pretty good I have the prius c 2. Road noise is a little loud but the tire seem to be the problem but all and all I am very happy with the car. It has never had to go back to the dealer for any problem the fusion I had was in for service 7 times in 30,000 miles"

this car is awesome for the money

By on Sunday, August 05, 2012

Pros: "mpg"

Cons: "don't get to the gas station enough,miss my polar"

"wife gets average of 50mpg on the hwy, and we can average 60+ in the city"

Previous | 1 ... 7 8 9 10 | Next