• 2014 Compact Car Buyer's Guide

2013 Toyota Prius c Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $17,468 - $18,180.

10/7.8

9.3

Based on 51 Ratings for the 2012 - 2014 models.

9.8/10

Great Little Car

By on Sunday, February 17, 2013

Pros: "Unbelievable fuel milage, safety rating"

"This is the best fuel miser out there. I’ve had absolutely no problem accelerating away from clumps of traffic coming off of red lights. These professional reviews that call it slow and noisy are not taking into account what the car is designed for, and are overly critical in areas that the driver enthusiast may consider unacceptable. I paid for an economical vehicle that was comfortable to drive with advanced hybrid technology and that is exactly what I got."

I love this car

By on Friday, February 01, 2013

Pros: "Mileage, Mileage, Reliability."

"I have had the car for almost 11 months now. Mine is a Prius C, 2 with 16,000 miles. Mostly used as a daily commuter, 75 miles round trip. The gas mileage is unreal and the reliability is typical Toyota. Not one problem or issue since purchasing brand new. I love this car and won't part with it soon. If I were to buy a new version it would be a 3."

Farm girl loves it

By on Sunday, January 13, 2013

Pros: "Excellent gas savings with comfort & good looks"

Cons: "Minor aerodynamic noise in specific conditions"

"I'm driving my new Prius c (model 2) for the past 8 months. I have 12K miles on it and I continue to love it. I am not a "green" person; I bought it because I'm thrifty. Monthly gas costs went from $300 to $75. Yay! I am mostly getting 56 mpg on average. I heard I might get less mpg in the winter (I live in PA), and it did drop a bit when it got below freezing, but I am still thrilled. It doesn't have "schwoop" to get into fast moving traffic, but I adjust. 5'10" tall hubby is happy with it too, as his concern was would he bump his head on the liner. I studies all videos I could find on it before buying it, i.e. how to drive it, etc. I was overly concerned. You just get in and drive. IF you want to squeeze out even better mileage, you pulse & glide. Also, I barely do city driving, which would give the best mpg. I'm all over country roads & highways. I'm an empty nester, and it suits me fine. There's only 1 thing I dislike, but I made an adjustment: When driving around 55mph with all windows down, I get this rumble noise. It's an aerodynamic issue. So I adjust the windows to eliminate it. But that's it. I am a very happy camper and would definitely buy another."

This car is amazing. Gtting close to 65 Mil/Gal

By on Tuesday, January 08, 2013

Pros: "Great price, fun to drive. Saves a lot of money."

Cons: "n/a"

"I'm honestly saving a lot of money every day I drive this car! I used to spend $10.00 a day for gas and my car was a sedan. Now I'm paying less than $2.50 a day!! I know it's unreal but it's true! It also runs great. I’m 6’ tall but I have a lot of leg room in this car. This car is a smart choice in today’s high gas prices. The selling price is also reasonable. I highly recommend this car."

WHAT A DEAL

By on Thursday, November 08, 2012

Pros: "EVERYTHING"

Cons: "NOT THAT I CAN FIND"

"PURCHASE THIS CAR ON 11-5-12. WITH GAS PRICES NEAR $4.00/GAL. AND I KNOW THAT THEY WILL NEVER GET BACK TO WHAT THEY WERE A FEW YEARS AGO--I WANTED SOMETHING FOR THE FUTURE. I AM ON A FIXED INCOME AND MY PREV. CAR GOT AROUND 20 MPG. I TOOK THE PRIUS C (2) OUT FOR A TEST DRIVE--AND WAS SOLD. IT WILL TAKE ME AWHILE TO FIGURE OUT ALL THE DISPLAYS THAT I CAN BRING UP ON THE SCREEN. I PURCHASED THE CAR FOR $20034 WHICH INCLUDED CARPETED FLOOR MATES AND REAR BUMPER PROTECTOR ( OPTION'S ).I ALSO PURCHASED A HITCH ( TO CARRY BICYCLE'S ) WHICH I WILL INSTALL MYSELF ( $119.00 ON EBAY ). THE NO MAINT. PROGRAM FOR 2 YEARS OR 25,000 MILES IS A NICE FEATURE ALSO. I DID BY THE 7 YEAR/100,000 BUMPER TO BUMPER SERVICE PLAN ( $1,000 TAX INCLUDED ), SO SHOULD BE ALL SET FOR AWHILE.THIS MAY NOT BE A FAMILY CAR--BUT FOR ONE OR TWO PEOPLE AND THERE TOYS--IT WILL DO. REMEMBER IT'S ALL ABOUT SAVING MONEY. THE RIDE IS VERY GOOD ( IT'S A WIDE CAR ) , SO YOU HAVE THE ROOM--YOU DON'T FEEL TIGHT INSIDE."