2013 Toyota Prius c Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $17,264 - $18,001.

10/7.8

9.3

Based on 55 Ratings for the 2012 - 2014 models.

9.8/10

Can't go back to lower gas mileage vehicles.

By on Thursday, September 18, 2014

Pros: "Great for everything but cargo."

Cons: "golf clubs dont' fit width wise"

"Surprisingly comfortable on long trips. Handles and accelerates better than I expected. Gas mileage? - I'll never be able to go back to a car getting less than 40 MPG (I'm getting 50 now, and that leaves me few choices. But I'll definitely move up to the larger model (from the C)because I miss being able to put my golf clubs in sideways, instead of folding the rear seats to fit them long ways."

Awesome Gas Mileage

By on Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Pros: "Can't beat the gas mileage"

Cons: "Sounds like it labors uphill but it can handle it."

"Yes the rating is true. I get 57 mpg in the city and 47 on the highway under 70 mph. About 42 mpg at 80 mph or more, and this is in the mountainous Colorado terrain (pretty good). On level ground my highway mileage is about 48 mpg. This car is awesome, small and a great turning radius. It is a little peppy as well considering it only has 99 hp.It is a bit of a rough ride on rough surfaces but what can you really expect for a compact. I am impressed and I shopped long and hard to find a good deal. I found one for $17,200 because it had hail damage, but they fixed it. Minor blemishes hardly noticeable on the yellow paint job. Great deal great car!"

best mileage for price

By on Thursday, August 28, 2014

Pros: "great car for the price"

Cons: "no camera, power seat. poor ride on rough roads"

"only negative; rides like a truck."

Bigger is not better

By on Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Pros: "Fuel economy. Practical. Sporty. Tech marvel."

Cons: "Small storage space"

"The car is a little small but it is comfortable. Acceleration will not blow you away but it is more than acceptable when going from stop light to stop light. Lots of gadgets for the tech savy. Nice to complete a trip to the store and see you got 76 mpg. Nice to cruise in the neighborhood on electric alone. Comfortable ... rather sporty. I would buy it again."

Nice little car

By on Saturday, August 02, 2014

Pros: "Gas mileage, style"

Cons: "small trunk area"

"50.1 mpg. Nice little car. Gets me where I want to be without draining my wallet."

Best Car I've Ever Owned

By on Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Pros: "price, fun to drive (geek factor)"

Cons: "people will bug you to trade it in"

"I love everything about this car except the height of the driver's seat. I got the c2 and it is not adjustable. I have learned to live with it. I average 63mpg over the whole year. I do not run the heat or air-conditioning whenever possible---it uses fuel for heat and NiMH-storage for the AC. I use the "B" like a jake-brake is used in a tractor-trailer and it fills in for slowing down to a stop before (or perhaps not having to) apply the brakes. It is less wear and tear on the brakes and the "B" function adds more juice to the storage battery. I don't give a fig for "tearing out" of places or passing people on the streets or highway. I drive the speed limit or slightly under and let all the crazies who want the stress of passing me to go ahead and have that stress. I got this c2 for the price of a c1 as a c1 was not available where I live. Of the 3 extra dumb things that I didn't want to pay for in a c2, I use one: the tonneau top for the hatch opening. But, I could just as easily live without it. I plan to never trade this baby in. :-)"

solid vehicle for price.

By on Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Pros: "Price, Value & MPG"

Cons: "Seats & acceleration."

"I'm rather picky on what I call nice, because I've sold Cars before. For what I paid for the car, it is way more bang for your buck than buying a full Prius. Now I've drove a standard Prius as a demo car for about a week & loved it, it was a fully loaded Prius 3. Going from a standard Prius to a Prius C is a big change. you lose a lot of what was considered Prius only character. The Prius C looks more like a Toyota Yaris than its big brother Prius. With the price you get a great value but loose some comfort & styling. however you'll keep the famous Prius MPG & acceleration, only at a cut in Quality. I would Recommend it to almost anyone who always leaves in a timely manner & doesn't need to speed."

Turtle Power

By on Sunday, May 11, 2014

Pros: "fuel economy, price"

Cons: "acceleration from 40 to 65, goofy stock look"

"This is a rating for a model 1. Coming from someone who owned much faster cars before, the Prius C is a humbling experience. It will force humility if you have none while trying to get onto highways. It goes from 0-35 or so just fine but getting it to the next level is an exercise in patience. This car definitely feels much more comfortable on the street. I'd rate this car on the street 10/10 when considering fuel mileage but highway 2/10. It's that much of a difference. If you're ever entering a highway where you're immediately tossed on the runway, do not try to out-speed anyone. The much vaunted fuel mileage is what this car is all about. After slamming the car to see what it could do for about 400 miles, finally got to the point where I needed to fill up around 450 with a mixture of street and highway driving. I'm now at 500 driving like a human being and still with a full tank. It is also a small tank, 9.5 gallons to fill so all your gas price fears evaporate instantly upon purchase. Aesthetically this car is underwhelming but definitely has mod potential, which is why I went for the cheapest model so I can make my own adjustments for the right price. A 16 inch light weight alloy wheel and a drop of about a few inches would make a world of difference and not effect gas mileage since standard rims are heavy fuel efficient steal. The blue tooth hooked up beautifully with my iphone with no issues. Speakers don't have much bite at level 1 though. Might get something aftermarket. If you're used to cruise control, don't think about buying this car without it. I'm a man on the taller side (6ft) and the gas pedal is very small! Smaller than any car I've ever been in, covers about half my foot and feels funny pressing down or holding any speed. Never been a cruise control guy but the small pedal almost makes me wish I got the feature. All in all, great car. Every gripe I've had cannot compare with the fuel economy and the price I paid for it. Haggle a bit, you should at least get 1000 off the MSRP. If you don't, walk out! They'll change their tune. :)"

Same mpg as liftback prius but cheaper!

By on Wednesday, May 07, 2014

Pros: "Excellent MPG, Sporty, Many Utility Uses"

Cons: "No PHEV option available yet"

"The real world average mpg of the Prius C is equivalent to the original liftback Prius. The price tag, however, is significantly lower. The base model comes standard with cloth seats which require care to avoid dirt/stains. It will be nice if future generations of the Prius C plug in like the PHEV (Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle) Prius. Overall, the Prius C is a Ridiculously Good Value!"

Best bang for your buck car...

By on Tuesday, April 08, 2014

Pros: "MPG!!!, easy to park, feels really solid for size"

Cons: "No love on the freeway"

"We bought this car brand new Sept. 2013 and we love it so far. Owned it about 7 months and my husband does heavy driving on this car for work. We've put close to 11,000 miles on it already. He averages around 48mpg highway and street driving combined. It only takes about $32 to fill up the tank and lasts him all week. I have no complaints when it comes to the savings we have with gas. We got the two year complimentary toyotacare so it has cost us nothing to maintain the car either. We have the c4 so we have the navigation. It works for us, but the screen is a little dim and small. We also wish Toyota didn't add the weird lines all over the car cause it just looks like someone scratched the interior and the seats. It's a design flaw. The back head rests are also a little big for the car and becomes a blindspot. Overall though, love love love this little car."