• 10 Best Hybrid Cars Under $30,000

2013 Toyota Prius c Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $20,980 - $21,936.

10/7.8

9.3

Based on 55 Ratings for the 2012 - 2014 models.

9.8/10

Cold Weather

By on Friday, June 21, 2013

Pros: "Gas Savings, Reliability, Price Range"

Cons: "Lack of power"

"I own this car since August 2012. I live in Wisconsin. I didn't know what to expect and was not a great fan of Toyota brand. I owned Dodge & Nissan vehicles previously. But my view changed after owning this car. On an average mileage during winter/snow I got from 45 to 55miles per gallon. This is during Dec/Jan/Feb/March. Mileage improved after that & now my monthly average is over 60miles. I've got 85 to 99 on short trip down hill some times. Note that this is with mix of single and riding with family. I'm totally happy with this car. One thing I would suggest Toyota is to improve the power on Prius C and extend its electric drive mode range to 55 from 40."

Nice Package: Good Value, Super Handling, Green!

By on Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Pros: "Saving Planet. Design, Economy, Versatile, Cute!"

Cons: "Not a Ferrari"

"I am a Realtor and of course I do a lot of city, stop and go, and short trip driving. When I went shopping for a hybrid or other high mpg (fuel efficient) car I started out looking at used hybrids or new, small econ cars. I really wanted to keep it below $20,000 AND have incredible gas mileage. After several weeks of test driving and frustration I discovered the Prius C - What a great value compared to the standard Prius! I estimate that I am saving about $150 a month in gas expense vs my (Turbo)Subaru. Years down the road when my car payment is done this will make a huge difference in my quality of life - that extra $150 to $200 a month! For maximum fuel efficiency, the acceleration takes some getting used to, physically and psychologically. I had an Audi A4 years ago, and then a Subaru with a turbo. So, I was used to having power and superior handling at my fingertips. There is enough power, when needed, in this vehicle - but the whole dynamic is different and a driver needs to anticipate acceleration when possible. However, cluing in to the gauges and learning how to get maximum efficiency has, in general, changed my driving style. It's fun to challenge myself and try to get 59 mgp on the flat, short trips. Long down-hills, like coming out of the mountains or off the foothills, it's WAY FUN to see the trip meter read at 78 to 99 mpg. The handling of the "C" class I found far superior to the older, (used), regular Prius versions. (I test drove several) and the turning radius, control, and steering is GREAT in this car. Aside from lacking pure, raw acceleration this baby DOES drive like a little sports car at city street speeds (15-45). It's not so impressive on the highway but performed better than several Honda's (stiff, bumpy ride), the Ford Fiesta, anything from Kia or Hyundai. Cabin design and the split-seat hatchback are incredibly versatile, and I've been able to get all kinds of large or bulky items into my Prius C with no problem at all. I even moved a medium size piece of antique furniture! Overall, I am happy with the Toyota Prius C - but the proof will be in the pudding long term. If I am still praising the quality in 5-10 years, and watching my gas dollars go farther than anyone else as gas approaches $5 a gallon again (it will), I expect my satisfaction with this vehicle to only grow from here."

Designed for the city, but great anywhere!

By on Saturday, February 01, 2014

Pros: "MPG, great turning circle, fun to drive"

Cons: "I'd like about 2 inches more leg room in the front"

"If you're looking for great MPG, look no further. Summer MPG: average 58+, winter MPG: average 44+ (exceptions: high humidity and below zero temperatures, which affect all cars' MPG...take 10 MPG off each). It's not as spacious as the original Prius (which I also owned), but it is comfortable, though tall (over 6 feet) people need not apply, and four adults and one small child can be accommodated. Highway speeds, though I do not condone speeding can be achieved, but MPG is reduced (less 10 MPG+ over 70 mph), and high winds will affect sway. Like most small cars noise can be excessive, but the radio can be heard. Owned this PriusC-2 for 19 months and no repairs have been needed. Rear seats fold down for extra room in back. Cruise control is very exact and the engine brake works well in slowing the car down, even from highway speeds."

SUPERB VEHICLE

By on Tuesday, March 05, 2013

Pros: "Gas savings pays for the car"

Cons: "Interior fabric and colors could use improvement."

"Drove a BMW 3 series. This C Two saves me about $392/month in fuel costs. So, the way I look at it - the car pays for itself! My actual MPG are much higher than Toyota states. I get 72 in town and 45 on the highway. The only thing I would change about the car is the interior, it's all black/gray fabric - leather should be an option. I just ordered a new one, paid $1100 additional for leather."

Best MPG Car

By on Monday, May 27, 2013

Pros: "Good Fuel Economy"

Cons: "Back Seats not for everyone"

"2013 Prius C is an excellent car around the city. It has a fuel economy of 47.8 mpg city/highway combine. If you don't like gas station, then this is the car for you. If you want power, then you are looking at the wrong car. I commute short distance every day, so Prius C serves me well. If you are looking to save gas, then buy the Prius C. If you are looking for power and driving on the highway, then you might want to look at Malibu or Camry. It's up to you. Test drive and give yourself options and considerations before buying your new car. Happy car shopping!"