2012 Toyota Prius c

9.3

Based on 77 Ratings for the 2012 - 2016 models.

9.8/10

$20 to fill up the tank and its good for 400 miles

By on Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Pros: "fun, fuel economy, very reliable, responsive"

Cons: "Slightly uncomfortable driver's seat"

"The 2014 Prius C is a great car! I've had it for 9 months and have already put nearly 11,000 miles so far! The gas mileage is INCREDIBLE! The car is fun and easy to drive. Very responsive. The suspension certainly doesn't like bumps, but on smooth pavement you might catch yourself doing 80mph on the highway, the car doesn't flinch going fast. No shake or anything. Most of the time we keep the car in ECO modes, which is your classic "hybrids are only good for cities" mode. Sluggish, but you don't feel it till you need to go over 50mph or need to go up a big hill. When it's time to do highway or go over hills I'll switch the car off of Eco mode. The change is instant and noticeable. You get a lot more power but sacrifice your mileage. In town I get ~55mpg, on the highway it averages out to ~42. Car is fun to drive. Maxing out efficiency is the name of the game. Bluetooth connectivity is great. People criticize the interior but I find it functional. Space is lacking, but we've fit coolers, skis, and suitcases with minimal stuffing required! Haven't needed to get anything fixed yet. Nothing breaks on these Toyota's. Great buy! Your wallet will thank you!"

Best mpg I have ever seen

By on Saturday, August 11, 2012

Pros: "great gas mileage fun to drive"

Cons: "Radio does not have much bass"

"I had a ford fusion before this car. I find the prius c to be a better car all the way around. If you are looking for a fast car you will not like this car. The prius c is a little under power. I can be up to 70 mph when getting on the highway so it works for me top speed is about 108 mph.I have 7000 miles on the car and the over all avg mpg is 50 mpg the best I have seen is around 60 mpg in the city and 48 to 52 on the highway at 70 mph.The ac lowers your gas mileage by about 7 mpg but with the ac on I still get 44 to 48mpg so it is still good. The seats are pretty good I have the prius c 2. Road noise is a little loud but the tire seem to be the problem but all and all I am very happy with the car. It has never had to go back to the dealer for any problem the fusion I had was in for service 7 times in 30,000 miles"

Prius C Two has delivered more than I expected

By on Thursday, August 16, 2012

Pros: "gas mileage, price, fun to drive"

Cons: "not a race car, front cup holder/dashboard design"

"I bought this car going into a new job where I knew I'd be commuting apprx 60 mi round trip per day. This car has been spectacularly fuel efficient, averaging 52 mpg+ and sometimes 62 mpg. There are a ton of great features included on the Two kit. It doesn't accelerate especially fast, but when buying a car for efficiency it's not going to be a race car. Right after I purchased this car I drove it 2,200 mi cross country and it did really well. The seats didn't hurt my back at all after sitting in it for 3 solid days. Handled 75 mph well, did get a bit blown around during high wind gusts but nothing too outrageous for such a small car. It's a dream to parallel park! Love the way the bluetooth automatically connects with my iphone to play music. One of the best features (that I didn't even pay attention to when buying) is the ability to add in the price of gas, it even auto-prompts you when you fill up. The computer calculates your cost per trip - super cool! It also has a great display that can help you achieve even better fuel savings (I've gotten up to 82 mpg). I really love this car, have not regretted the choice once, and would totally recommend it. I think one of the main things I love about the car, is I'm pretty sure its smarter than me! Haha! For example, it won't let anyone adjust any major settings if the car is moving. It's a smart lil car! My only random complaints: - the car doesn't beep when you use the fob to lock it so I'm often nervous it isn't locked - the layout of the left cup holder & the dashboard makes it so you often scrape it when the driver puts a to-go cup down"

By on Friday, July 27, 2012

Pros: "Gas sipper, quality car, It's a Toyota"

Cons: "Window tint could be darker"

"I was skeptical about the car after reading the Consumer Reports review, but I bought one anyway. I love this car. I commute 79.8 miles a day and I am averaging 52mpg while driving the speed limit of 75mph. I am super impressed with this car and not only for it being a gas sipper. I am able to maintain 75mph on interstate and it has enough power to pass other vehicles too. There is enough power to make it a good commuter. If you take it up a hill from a dead stop, it will struggle a bit but I power through it and my little car responds. If I wanted a sports car or Chevy Silverado, I would have bought one. I wanted a reliable, safe, quality, gas saver car that would retain its value and I bought one. Hey, I can fit my Lhasa, Maltese and 85lb Rottweiler in the back seat with no problem. When my friends ride along, they tell me there is plenty of space in the back. So space is no problem. My mom and dad want one too. I only wish my car would have come with darker window tint but that is easily fixed."

Absolutely love it

By on Sunday, March 03, 2013

Pros: "everything"

Cons: "none!"

"When looking at all of the other reviews they all say the same thing. Great great great gas mileage. Usually people experience an even higher mpg rating than the 50 average. I drive over 50 miles a day on the highway and have seen as high as 64mpg at speeds greater than 60mph with an average speed for the trip being ~48mph. I am kind of an aggressive driver. People complain about the lack of power but I find it sufficient to get up and go when needed. I am almost always the first one off the line at a stop light and cars almost never pass me on the highway. So if you need anything with more power than what you can get here then everybody else on the road must be a race car driver. I find it handles rather well even when taking turns at 25mph--better than my previous car. People talk about wind noise but I haven't had an issue with it. I actually think it is less than my 2010 corolla doing the same daily commute. I have given people rides and they say they love it. I am 6' tall and have no issues getting in and out and others have had no complaints about passenger space being about the same height. Maybe if the person is morbidly obese they would have an issue fitting but I think that could be said about all vehicles this size. I can't think of anything negative to say about driving this car."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Toyota Prius c near Honolulu. See local deals