• 10 Best Hybrid Cars Under $30,000

2012 Toyota Prius c

9.3

Based on 70 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

9.8/10

Great Car, Great Mileage

By on Monday, June 08, 2015

Pros: "Fantastic Mileage, Fun to Drive, Great Navigation"

Cons: "Slow Acceleration"

"First, the best thing about this vehicle is the mileage. After two weeks of driving it in the city and on freeways, I am getting about 50 to 53 mpg on each trip. In fact, after I changed the wheels out and got some lighter alloys, I got 60 mpg on a 40 minute drive! Half of that drive was on a freeway. The size of the car is a big plus. I don't use the car except for myself so I don't need the back seats. I just keep them folded down so that I always have the hatchback side of the car wide open for tossing in my guitar and luggage. This car is also surprisingly comfortable and I think the interior is attractive. It's not a luxurious experience but it's not an eyesore either. Great buy! Mileage: 50-53 mpg per trip. Sometimes I will hit 60+ mpg. The Voice Control interface with the navigation is sophisticated enough to allow me to search for a location using Bing, and then just push the map button to begin route guidance. The Eco-Score is very helpful in teaching me how to drive as economically as possible. This is my first hybrid car so this training is necessary for me. I also enjoy it...it's like playing a video game. The car handles very well and I can make u-turns on a two lane street. I would like to see improvement in the acceleration. It is definitely enough to get up to speed on the freeways but more power would be better. Also, it would be good if the car could stay in EV mode for longer time periods without needing to be charged by the gas engine. It would also be great if the car could go faster on EV mode as well, like 50 or 60mph. Right now, the max that I can push it up to would be 40mph."

Cheap Commute for 40 mile Round Trips

By on Thursday, March 20, 2014

Pros: "Mileage / Warranty /Fit and Finish / Features"

Cons: "Slow Accel to Save fuel / Crazy "Other" drivers"

"I bought this car because I became tired of paying $4.10 for a gallon of premium for my 2003 Dodge SRT-4 and only getting 23 mpg tops in it since I bought it new. When I bought the SRT-4 back in 2003 premium gas was only $1.60 a gallon. Then Katrina hit and the petrol market exploded on prices and has never recovered. With this new sipper I can save over $30 a week on my commute to work, and save the rest to have fun in my 280hp turbo SRT-4 on weekends, or once in awhile at the track. I got the best warranty toyota offered @ 8 years / 125,000 mile warranty so if it breaks it is not my problem... its toyotas. I will repost my findings as of now my car only has 250 miles on it. but so far the power is plenty to get me from A TO B w/o beating my wallet up at the pump. I am still waiting for elio to produce their 84mpg car to buy. Maybe next year."

By on Sunday, April 29, 2012

Pros: "Great gas mileage and the info display..."

Cons: "slow take off."

"The Prius C is great for the ECO friendly driver. The info display will have you curious for many days because of all of the many features. Overall a great car! The only down side is that if you are looking for a car with a lot of take off power then this is not the car for you."

Cold Weather

By on Friday, June 21, 2013

Pros: "Gas Savings, Reliability, Price Range"

Cons: "Lack of power"

"I own this car since August 2012. I live in Wisconsin. I didn't know what to expect and was not a great fan of Toyota brand. I owned Dodge & Nissan vehicles previously. But my view changed after owning this car. On an average mileage during winter/snow I got from 45 to 55miles per gallon. This is during Dec/Jan/Feb/March. Mileage improved after that & now my monthly average is over 60miles. I've got 85 to 99 on short trip down hill some times. Note that this is with mix of single and riding with family. I'm totally happy with this car. One thing I would suggest Toyota is to improve the power on Prius C and extend its electric drive mode range to 55 from 40."

By on Friday, July 27, 2012

Pros: "Gas sipper, quality car, It's a Toyota"

Cons: "Window tint could be darker"

"I was skeptical about the car after reading the Consumer Reports review, but I bought one anyway. I love this car. I commute 79.8 miles a day and I am averaging 52mpg while driving the speed limit of 75mph. I am super impressed with this car and not only for it being a gas sipper. I am able to maintain 75mph on interstate and it has enough power to pass other vehicles too. There is enough power to make it a good commuter. If you take it up a hill from a dead stop, it will struggle a bit but I power through it and my little car responds. If I wanted a sports car or Chevy Silverado, I would have bought one. I wanted a reliable, safe, quality, gas saver car that would retain its value and I bought one. Hey, I can fit my Lhasa, Maltese and 85lb Rottweiler in the back seat with no problem. When my friends ride along, they tell me there is plenty of space in the back. So space is no problem. My mom and dad want one too. I only wish my car would have come with darker window tint but that is easily fixed."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Toyota Prius c near Honolulu. See local deals