2011 Toyota Matrix

8.3

Based on 91 Ratings for the 2009 - 2013 models.

Toyota Owner for life now!

By on Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Pros: "Fast, safe, great gas mileage, roomy, reliable"

Cons: "No AWD option for Manual Trans."

"I bought this car a year ago next month. It is the best car I have ever purchased! I have owned Nissan, Volvo, and Subaru and while all were great cars, this one has everything that I could want. I bought the 5 speed manual instead of the Automatic even though doing so meant I gave up AWD. I don't regret it. I didn't have a single problem getting through any storm up here in the North Country with my FWD, although if they made a 5 speed with AWD I would have bought that. The gas mileage is excellent! The backseat is also very roomy and comfortable when I have a car full of kids and/or adults. Don't let the outside fool you, there is a TON of room inside! If you need to move a lot of stuff, the back seat fold down flat and you can fit tons of stuff!! I used to drive a pick up and also an SUV and I don't feel like I am missing out on anything with having this wagon! Any excuse I have to drive it, I take it! BEST CAR EVER! I will be a Toyota driver for life!"

poor performance

By on Wednesday, July 8, 2009

"This car has been a big dissapointment for me. The power to climb a hill is poor. It is very noisy inside. The interior is minimal and the fabric stains very easily. For the winter weather I had to invest in snow tires. The tires don't do well when it rains and the stability on interstae highways is very poor."

Finally Toyota!

By on Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Pros: "great power up mtns in WNC, good feel on curves"

Cons: "Can't think of one"

"I wanted a Toyota for YEARS and finally I got my own after so many friends and family raved about theirs and kept them Forever! 2nd owner, I bought it with 8K in Nov 2009. I got the basic model with manual transmission and I LOVE it. It has lots of power and I love shifting down on those tight curves and back up, passing everyone else. My mpg has been as advertised. My lab and 2 teenage boys fit in just fine with me. I got power and cruise controls but regret not having a roof rack so got a Yakima rack with basket cage that works great. Heat and air perfect. Never had a single issue with this car."

It is what it is.

By on Monday, September 5, 2011

Pros: "Versatile"

Cons: "needs pore pizazz"

"Interior materials are subpar for the class. Toyota uses hard plastics although it is attractive. Good mpg. Lots of room in the back, especially when you fold the two back seats down. S models passengers seats fold down; base models don't, however. Typical Toyota in terms of safe exterior styling. The ride are handling are great. It cuts into corners well and also absorbs the potholes. I recommend it!"

Best car I ever had

By on Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Pros: "good gas mileage, stylish, low maintenance"

"Bought a 2004 new and traded it in for a new 2010. Love this car! Handles very nicely in snow. No problems mechanically with either model year. My 2004 had to have the battery replaced at 100,000, but that's about it. Great value and gas mileage for the cost."

Reliable. Economical. Versatile.

By on Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Pros: "Reliable. Economical. Versatile."

Cons: "Miss cruise control a little."

"I really like this car. I use it to comute, pull my boat, pick up stuff (and I mean stuff) at Home Depot/Lowes (use it like my little truck). Performance-wise, I was never disappointed. Handling/power met my needs (with basic package). It's a shame Toyota discontinued it."

Amazing vehical!

By on Friday, May 30, 2014

Pros: "Great price, Style, Gas"

Cons: "none!"

"I got this car after my Camry had a recal a few years back. I absolutly love my car! the gas milage is great and the safty of the Matrix is excellent!"

Perfect for Me

By on Friday, November 8, 2013

Pros: "Great looking car; comfortable driving"

Cons: "Some visibility issues; noisy driving"

"I really love this car!! Traded in a van for this Matrix. Now that I am used to the change in size of vehicle, I love the control of this car. Kind of noisy to drive, but I really feel good driving it."

excellent performance.

By on Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Pros: "great car, reliable, fun to drive even"

Cons: "Road Noise, awkward driver seating"

"This is by far one of the best cars I ever driven specially with the 2.4 liter engine. with 60k miles and this car gets better as time pass by, I only feed premium gas and the car works excellent on highway. the extra gear makes a lot of difference on gas millage mechanically is a perfect combination and like I said with 60k and this car has never been in the shop. except for tires I use synthetic oil and a K&N filter, no intake modifications But like always there is no perfect car and there is no one size fits all kind of deal, if you know what I mean. the interior is kind of cheesy, although well designed the driver's side seat is awkward for long trip the arm rest on the door was too low for me the lever on the side keeps lowering the seat every time inadvertently press it. over all I gave it a 10 because is good performance and the aerodynamics of the car great, although does not help with the noise on the road. This car is a love it or hate it. I love it for my life style."

Dependable transportation

By on Sunday, October 30, 2011

Pros: "handles well, peppy' good brakes"

Cons: "uncomftable seat on long trips, mediocr gas milage"

"I leased this car for use an economical work car. It is the "S" model so is pretty peppy and handles well. I have not had any warranty issues except for the plastic parts keep falling off the door post. My daily work has me driving up to 175 miles per day. The seats are not that comfortable for that much driving and the combined Hiway/city milage is in the low 20's. I have just replaced the tires. I thought that they would last longer. The hatch back is nice and the cargo area is pretty good for a small car. It has a propensity to attract stones to the windshield- maybe because of the design of the frot hood."