2011 Toyota Matrix

8.2

Based on 87 Ratings for the 2009 - 2013 models.

poor performance

By on Wednesday, July 08, 2009

"This car has been a big dissapointment for me. The power to climb a hill is poor. It is very noisy inside. The interior is minimal and the fabric stains very easily. For the winter weather I had to invest in snow tires. The tires don't do well when it rains and the stability on interstae highways is very poor."

Feels beefy

By on Monday, July 21, 2008

"My wife and I purchased a '09 Matrix s AWD to replace our small, cute and efficient Yaris. The Matrix is a huge step up from the Yaris in every way, except in fuel mileage. The car is getting 29 mpg highway and 21 mpg city - as advertised. The car feels safe and soild and beefy. So far, the Matrix has been an excellent choice of vehicle. On the down side, for $21,560, the car should have come with alloy wheels as standard equipment."

By on Monday, June 23, 2008

"We bought this car back in March and have been in love with it ever since. So much room on the inside and it handles well in all types of weather."

Reliable, Sporty and Versatile

By on Monday, October 17, 2011

Pros: "cargo space, excellent leg room in rear"

Cons: "poor city mileage"

"I bought this car new in Nov 2009. I have the XRS sport package. This is the top of the line Matrix. Standard on this car is the 18" alloy wheels and P215/45R18 BFG gForce tires. PROS: This car has excellent leg room and cargo space. There is plenty of room for three adults in the back with no problem. The cargo area with rubber grips on the floor makes for plenty of safe cargo. There is ALOT of space in this small car. I have a 5 speed manual transmission. I love the sportiness but the gear ratio seems a bit low in 1st gear. CONS: gas mileage. I am not a highway driver, mostly city. I usually get 21-23 mpg. I drive it as a sporty car so that might keep me from getting a few more miles per gallon. I did take a long trip with a total of four people and did get 29 MPG on that trip so the car is capable of the higher MPGs. It seems well built after the initial squeaks were tightened up when I first bought it. Overall, I enjoy driving this car. As a bonus, I taught both of my daughters how to drive a 5 speed manual transmission in this car !"

Best car I ever had

By on Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Pros: "good gas mileage, stylish, low maintenance"

"Bought a 2004 new and traded it in for a new 2010. Love this car! Handles very nicely in snow. No problems mechanically with either model year. My 2004 had to have the battery replaced at 100,000, but that's about it. Great value and gas mileage for the cost."