2011 Toyota Matrix

8.2

Based on 87 Ratings for the 2009 - 2013 models.

Awesome Matrix !

By on Sunday, July 27, 2008

"Just bought the Matrix today, and love it. The power steering, roomy interior and trunk, with trunk cover is really cool. Also, has nice details (for pens, paper holder on top), cool sunroof, AWD, side view defroster, and has a nice, strong, stable feel to it. Great for kids too ! Good job Toyota !!!!"

A Lot better than the 2005 Model

By on Monday, May 05, 2008

"Like the power steering , the ride, the volume of the trunk?, the only thing I found is the the distraction of the reflection in the windshield and the right rear blind spot. Just took a trip and averaged 31 MPG, not bad at 70 MPH."

best car ever

By on Saturday, September 06, 2008

"I'm 39 and this is the best car I have ever bought. 95k miles and going strong. I love it."

Love this car! Great deal and great gas milage!

By on Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Pros: "Gas milage, no bad blind spots, AUX port"

Cons: "The issue with the delayed start up"

"This is my first car I bought for myself and have been completely happy with it! The gas milage is great and the interior is spacious and flows well. I was surprise how spacious the back seat is. I am 5'9 and have plenty of room in any seat I sit in. My friend is 6'1 and can sit comfortably in the back seat. The only issue I have had with this car is a delayed start up. I have taken it to Toyota and they can't figure out the problem. Of course my car starts up right away when they try. Figures! But they haven't charged me for bringing it in and looking at it and have paid for a tow I needed once when something went wrong. I can't tell you exactly what it was because I'm not good with cars."

Reliable, 32mpg, good cargo space, long drive-able

By on Monday, April 02, 2012

Pros: "good value, roomy, great stereo"

Cons: "weird cup holders, only one charge outlet"

"I do a lot of 10hr drives in this car. It is absolutely reliable, big enough to shove in a dining room table and comfortable enough for a 6ft tall person. The miles are racking up quickly, and I seem to be in for regular service every 6 weeks, but I have confidence taking it through the mountains in the middle of the night in the winter. Great little car. Only regret is not getting the 2.4L engine."

Toyota Matrix caught on fire

By on Tuesday, June 26, 2012

I own this car

Pros: "It was fun to drive before it burst into flames"

Cons: "Potential for fatalities, lack of concern by manuf"

"Bought this vehicle new from the dealer. It drove great, had great maintenance record. At 24k miles it started smoking, the dash lights lit up and the brakes failed. I used my emergency brake to stop, exited the car and it burst into flames. Investigators believe it to be the ECM/Fuse panel. Toyota refuses to accept responsibility because the ECM/Fuse panel is destroyed. I've owned 3 Toyota's and had 20 yrs of loyalty to their company. No more."

Best vehicle I have ever owned!

By on Friday, December 23, 2011

Pros: "Love this car"

Cons: "Small blind spot"

"The only downside is a slight blind spot in the drivers rear view mirror. I have used Mobil One and changed the oil every 5K this improves gas milage, and I have not had one problem with this car. Changed the tires at 50K; my bad should have rotated the tires! Sames set of brakes at73K!"

Idle & Knocking Problems

By on Tuesday, July 21, 2009

"Within 3 months I noticed paint peeling and chipping on sideboard drivers side. At a car wash, I was using wand to wash and paint began to peel right off. Dealer repainted, no problem. Now, 1 year later the engine rattles like marbles in a tin can from right side while a idle. The check engine came on and I took it in. Dealer reset the computer but did not fix the rattle because they could not reproduce it. The didn't want to take the time to let the engine heat up properly to test it, so I had to pick it up. Ten minutes after picking it up and driving home it began to rattle at a stop light. I am sick of the thing already. I will be trading it in as soon as I get it paid down to what it's really worth."

great value

By on Sunday, December 21, 2008

"We bought the Matrix awd due to our long and very cold winters and the fact our cities and towns due a very poor job of maintaining the streets we just returned from a trip in the country the temp was minus 40 C the car is warm keeps the windows clear and plows snow like crazy we LOVE this car wish i could afford another one"

Great little car.

By on Sunday, January 22, 2012

"Great little car for around town. Pros-Great gas milage -Reliable -Easy to handle, parking, in traffic -Hatchback is very handy -Easy to get in and out Cons-Road nioise -Doors sound tiney -Ride is fair"