2011 Toyota Matrix

8.2

Based on 89 Ratings for the 2009 - 2013 models.

Reliable. Economical. Versatile.

By on Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Pros: "Reliable. Economical. Versatile."

Cons: "Miss cruise control a little."

"I really like this car. I use it to comute, pull my boat, pick up stuff (and I mean stuff) at Home Depot/Lowes (use it like my little truck). Performance-wise, I was never disappointed. Handling/power met my needs (with basic package). It's a shame Toyota discontinued it."

Good Car BUT...

By on Sunday, August 22, 2010

"Bought in Summer 08,traded in Scion TC. Nice handling, comfort(for its size),perky engine.I got the base model & came w/power this & that,great value.Radio is great.My biggest peeve is the blind spots in the rear side areas.Hard to see!!! Had a few close calls...The recalls are getting ridiculous.I had the gas pedal get stuck a few times(Floor mat).The front brakes have always had a crunching sound-BAD but dealership keeps saying is normal for this model.Is embarassing.I'm a former Acura Integra owner & Corolla (79),the MPG was much better on those cars.The Matrix is fair.I drive the speed limit.But the Matrix is a heavier car."

poor performance

By on Wednesday, July 08, 2009

"This car has been a big dissapointment for me. The power to climb a hill is poor. It is very noisy inside. The interior is minimal and the fabric stains very easily. For the winter weather I had to invest in snow tires. The tires don't do well when it rains and the stability on interstae highways is very poor."

Feels beefy

By on Monday, July 21, 2008

"My wife and I purchased a '09 Matrix s AWD to replace our small, cute and efficient Yaris. The Matrix is a huge step up from the Yaris in every way, except in fuel mileage. The car is getting 29 mpg highway and 21 mpg city - as advertised. The car feels safe and soild and beefy. So far, the Matrix has been an excellent choice of vehicle. On the down side, for $21,560, the car should have come with alloy wheels as standard equipment."

By on Monday, June 23, 2008

"We bought this car back in March and have been in love with it ever since. So much room on the inside and it handles well in all types of weather."