2010 Toyota Matrix

8.2

Based on 79 Ratings for the 2009 - 2013 models.

Reliable. Economical. Versatile.

By on Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Pros: "Reliable. Economical. Versatile."

Cons: "Miss cruise control a little."

"I really like this car. I use it to comute, pull my boat, pick up stuff (and I mean stuff) at Home Depot/Lowes (use it like my little truck). Performance-wise, I was never disappointed. Handling/power met my needs (with basic package). It's a shame Toyota discontinued it."

excellent performance.

By on Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Pros: "great car, reliable, fun to drive even"

Cons: "Road Noise, awkward driver seating"

"This is by far one of the best cars I ever driven specially with the 2.4 liter engine. with 60k miles and this car gets better as time pass by, I only feed premium gas and the car works excellent on highway. the extra gear makes a lot of difference on gas millage mechanically is a perfect combination and like I said with 60k and this car has never been in the shop. except for tires I use synthetic oil and a K&N filter, no intake modifications But like always there is no perfect car and there is no one size fits all kind of deal, if you know what I mean. the interior is kind of cheesy, although well designed the driver's side seat is awkward for long trip the arm rest on the door was too low for me the lever on the side keeps lowering the seat every time inadvertently press it. over all I gave it a 10 because is good performance and the aerodynamics of the car great, although does not help with the noise on the road. This car is a love it or hate it. I love it for my life style."

Some design flaws...

By on Saturday, January 19, 2013

Pros: "Looks modern. Easy access. Good MPG & Cargo space."

Cons: "Noisy. Poor vision. Slow Acceleration."

"NEGATIVES- Underpowered. Poor Vision forward and especially towards rear. Handling is just fair. It has way too much road and wind noise, ordinary conversations are difficult at highway speeds. When stopped, wind whistles through gaps in rear hatches gaskets, (haunting sound.) Rear wheel disc brakes are extremely costly to replace. No cargo cover, we have to use a blanket to try to hide purchases. NO SPIN-ON OIL FILTER, (HAS INFERIOR CARTRIDGE, VERY POOR DESIGN, LONG ABANDONED BY CAR MAKERS YEARS AGO!) POSITIVES- Very easy to get in and out of. Lots of cargo space. Steering and brakes have pleasant feel. Looks like a modern SUV. Headlamps do a nice job. Front seats are comfortable, read, satasfactory. Good MPG."

Ok car. Test drive it first before buying.

By on Saturday, January 05, 2013

Pros: "Drives well, plenty of power."

Cons: "Low gas mileage. Noisy. Small problems."

"Bought this car thinking it would get good mileage as our 08. The 2.4 though does not even come close. A warning if this is a reason to buy. The car has plenty of power though and runs well. Plenty of room in the back. I have had the radio problem other people have talked about as it goes blank when over heated. Also have the dash board rattle and am unable to find it. The low profile tires are ok but do not protect the rims from curbs if you bump them and make alot of noise. Only one recall so far on the window switches. Over all no major problems and is a good basic car. As I said I would take this car for a long test drive before buying and would not get the 2.4 if you want good mileage for that size car."

Love this car! Great deal and great gas milage!

By on Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Pros: "Gas milage, no bad blind spots, AUX port"

Cons: "The issue with the delayed start up"

"This is my first car I bought for myself and have been completely happy with it! The gas milage is great and the interior is spacious and flows well. I was surprise how spacious the back seat is. I am 5'9 and have plenty of room in any seat I sit in. My friend is 6'1 and can sit comfortably in the back seat. The only issue I have had with this car is a delayed start up. I have taken it to Toyota and they can't figure out the problem. Of course my car starts up right away when they try. Figures! But they haven't charged me for bringing it in and looking at it and have paid for a tow I needed once when something went wrong. I can't tell you exactly what it was because I'm not good with cars."