2010 Toyota Matrix

8.2

Based on 80 Ratings for the 2009 - 2013 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

very decent car

By on Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive and reliable"

Cons: "Drivers seat doesn't go back very far"

"Bought this car new. It has gotten good gas milage and is very peppy. Gets thru snow well and handles good. Sport pkg is great but ride is a little rough. Carries a lot lots of room No mechanical problems."

Love my baby!

By on Friday, August 15, 2014

Pros: "reliable, great gas mileage, comfortable, spaceous"

Cons: "hard to find replacement cup holder dividers"

"I personally love this car. It's served me well on road trips all up and down the east coast. It's easy with dogs and it holds a LOT more than you would expect. The only issue is it isn't the quietest car on the highway. We're 72k miles in and I would say we really haven't had any issues, knock on wood! The only thing I dislike is the color of the radio system. It's an ugly orangey yellow! Oh yeah, car is awesome on gas mileage. I average about 350-400 miles on 10-10.5 gallons of gas! Oh one more issue! My brother threw out the cup holder plastic divider piece and finding a replacement online is impossible! Don't lose it! I'm sure dealers will charge a bunch."

A great, reliable and good looking car

By on Friday, August 01, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, economical, reliable, roomy"

"I have a long commute and have driven across the country once in this car. Despite all the miles I have put on it, this car has never let me down. It is reliable to the letter! I get about 33 miles a gallon on the highway so it is pretty economical with fuel also. It is also really roomy, particularly when the back seats are folded down."

Amazing vehical!

By on Friday, May 30, 2014

Pros: "Great price, Style, Gas"

Cons: "none!"

"I got this car after my Camry had a recal a few years back. I absolutly love my car! the gas milage is great and the safty of the Matrix is excellent!"

Great car, One of the best toyotas i've owned.

By on Saturday, March 29, 2014

Pros: "mpg,pratical design, well built. Cheap to keep."

Cons: "cheap dash materal"

"great car. 30-35 mpg combined rating. Dependable."

Perfect for Me

By on Friday, November 08, 2013

Pros: "Great looking car; comfortable driving"

Cons: "Some visibility issues; noisy driving"

"I really love this car!! Traded in a van for this Matrix. Now that I am used to the change in size of vehicle, I love the control of this car. Kind of noisy to drive, but I really feel good driving it."

Great Headroom, Style, but read further...

By on Thursday, October 31, 2013

Pros: "Roomy, Stylish, good MPG, low maintenance costs."

Cons: "Noisy, harsh riding and poor visibility."

"Exotic styling. However, this causes difficult blind spots on either side of front windshield and to rear view. Ride is harsh, you will feel every road defect. Handling and braking are quite good. Acceleration isn't very strong, but capable in most traffic. Average around 28 MPG all around. Interior noise level is very high on highway, difficult to converse normally. The access and head room are great. The rear hatch and fold flat rear seats really makes this car a versatile hauler. The radio has too much bass, treble can't be turned up high enough to compensate."

Good little car

By on Friday, August 09, 2013

"Great gas milage, handles well, not bad to look at and reasonable room. Greatest weakness is just a little cheap"

Very Disappointed in Toyota and I've owned many.

By on Thursday, July 18, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, but not on highway."

Cons: "Loud road noise, iPod connectivity doesn't work."

"Bought 1 month ago prior to vacation. Loud tire noise on highway, rough ride. Despite having the upgraded 6 speaker radio, iPod connection doesn't work. Something in the back bangs when going over road bumps or highway road joints. Haven't found out what yet. Drive position is comfortable to drive for distance, but the road noise, banging in back on every bump or road joint doesn't make for a good experience. Had it in the shop twice before going on vacation to have them fix the iPod connection problem -- 3 1/2 hours of driving on trip, iPod quit. I'd tried undercoating to try to help silence the loud road noise but that didn't do much. Vacation was good despite loud bumpy road noise driving to and from. Wish I'd never bought a Matrix."

Very happy

By on Sunday, July 07, 2013

Pros: "good value, fun to drive, fuel efficient"

Cons: "not enough space for car seats"

"This car has given me no trouble other than required mantainance and is very fun to drive. I love the fold down seats so I can items from the home store transported with ease. Overall great car!"

Great car, it's like a Corolla wagon

By on Saturday, June 22, 2013

Pros: "Handling, braking, sporty looking, roominess, safe"

Cons: "a loose plastic panel, vanity mirror cover problem"

"I like the car. I had to find a car to replace my 18 year old sports car, and I knew it would be a big adjustment to go from an 8 cylinder luxury car to something with a smaller engine and in theory, not as luxurious. I chose the correct car for the adjustment. I really tried hard not to like the car, but I really like it. It has very good "get up and go" for when you need to get onto a busy freeway or for passing someone. I like how it handles. The AWD on wet, sometimes a few inches of water covered roads plus the stability/traction control were options I'm glad this car has. Some people may not feel the amount of gas it uses justifies the option, but it does for me when it comes to safety since I'm in a very wet climate. I think it gets good gas mileage, but I had a V8 so I'm probably not the best judge of that. I'm sure there are cars that get better mileage, but for the options and features that this car has, you'd probably have to pay a lot more in a small SUV or other wagon. Now the best part, it's a small wagon! I never thought I'd be excited to own a "station wagon", but it's really nice. The seats lay all the way down flat and you can put pretty much anything back there. Even dogs and stuff you have to buy for everyday life. It has little hooks to hook grocery bags to so that your stuff doesn't go rolling everywhere (genius!) and it even has a place to tie bigger things down if you move the removable carpet/mat. I love having a 4 door again, I'd forgotten how much I like them. Only a couple of bugaboos that you'll keep hearing over and over: Road noise. Yes, it's there, sort of like how it is in most cars this style (or even in small trucks), but it doesn't bother me because my husband is always playing music so loudly, I can barely hear anything unless I'm by myself, then I notice it. But I don't find it annoying. Some people may not like it. Also, my driver side vanity mirror cover won't close. It's a little sliding piece of plastic that won't slide back. It's not something you can see unless you're driving and want to look in the vanity mirror. It's just an uncovered mirror now. And, since I bought it used, there's a piece of plastic that keeps coming loose (easily snapped back into place) between the front door/back door and the frame. Hard to describe the location, but it's right under where the seat belt joins to the car frame. I'm sure if I took the time to jiggle it into place properly or see if it needs to be screwed in or something, it's just not that big of a deal and I'm always in a hurry so if it happens to pop out, I just pop it back into place. Like I said, I bought it used, so it's probably something the former driver banged out of place and never got screwed back in. Anways, I like the car. If you are looking for value for the money, roominess without owning a larger car for your family, dogs, etc this car will be great for you. It's comfortable, the dashboard and all the features look great, it handles like a dream. The steering and braking on this car are above average. And wait til you have to park in a crowded parking lot! It's so great for tight spaces and getting in and out of crowded lots without hassle. I love having a smaller vehicle."

Reliable. Economical. Versatile.

By on Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Pros: "Reliable. Economical. Versatile."

Cons: "Miss cruise control a little."

"I really like this car. I use it to comute, pull my boat, pick up stuff (and I mean stuff) at Home Depot/Lowes (use it like my little truck). Performance-wise, I was never disappointed. Handling/power met my needs (with basic package). It's a shame Toyota discontinued it."

excellent performance.

By on Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Pros: "great car, reliable, fun to drive even"

Cons: "Road Noise, awkward driver seating"

"This is by far one of the best cars I ever driven specially with the 2.4 liter engine. with 60k miles and this car gets better as time pass by, I only feed premium gas and the car works excellent on highway. the extra gear makes a lot of difference on gas millage mechanically is a perfect combination and like I said with 60k and this car has never been in the shop. except for tires I use synthetic oil and a K&N filter, no intake modifications But like always there is no perfect car and there is no one size fits all kind of deal, if you know what I mean. the interior is kind of cheesy, although well designed the driver's side seat is awkward for long trip the arm rest on the door was too low for me the lever on the side keeps lowering the seat every time inadvertently press it. over all I gave it a 10 because is good performance and the aerodynamics of the car great, although does not help with the noise on the road. This car is a love it or hate it. I love it for my life style."

Some design flaws...

By on Saturday, January 19, 2013

Pros: "Looks modern. Easy access. Good MPG & Cargo space."

Cons: "Noisy. Poor vision. Slow Acceleration."

"NEGATIVES- Underpowered. Poor Vision forward and especially towards rear. Handling is just fair. It has way too much road and wind noise, ordinary conversations are difficult at highway speeds. When stopped, wind whistles through gaps in rear hatches gaskets, (haunting sound.) Rear wheel disc brakes are extremely costly to replace. No cargo cover, we have to use a blanket to try to hide purchases. NO SPIN-ON OIL FILTER, (HAS INFERIOR CARTRIDGE, VERY POOR DESIGN, LONG ABANDONED BY CAR MAKERS YEARS AGO!) POSITIVES- Very easy to get in and out of. Lots of cargo space. Steering and brakes have pleasant feel. Looks like a modern SUV. Headlamps do a nice job. Front seats are comfortable, read, satasfactory. Good MPG."

Ok car. Test drive it first before buying.

By on Saturday, January 05, 2013

Pros: "Drives well, plenty of power."

Cons: "Low gas mileage. Noisy. Small problems."

"Bought this car thinking it would get good mileage as our 08. The 2.4 though does not even come close. A warning if this is a reason to buy. The car has plenty of power though and runs well. Plenty of room in the back. I have had the radio problem other people have talked about as it goes blank when over heated. Also have the dash board rattle and am unable to find it. The low profile tires are ok but do not protect the rims from curbs if you bump them and make alot of noise. Only one recall so far on the window switches. Over all no major problems and is a good basic car. As I said I would take this car for a long test drive before buying and would not get the 2.4 if you want good mileage for that size car."

Love this car! Great deal and great gas milage!

By on Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Pros: "Gas milage, no bad blind spots, AUX port"

Cons: "The issue with the delayed start up"

"This is my first car I bought for myself and have been completely happy with it! The gas milage is great and the interior is spacious and flows well. I was surprise how spacious the back seat is. I am 5'9 and have plenty of room in any seat I sit in. My friend is 6'1 and can sit comfortably in the back seat. The only issue I have had with this car is a delayed start up. I have taken it to Toyota and they can't figure out the problem. Of course my car starts up right away when they try. Figures! But they haven't charged me for bringing it in and looking at it and have paid for a tow I needed once when something went wrong. I can't tell you exactly what it was because I'm not good with cars."

good transportation.

By on Thursday, July 12, 2012

Reason: trade in

Pros: "roomy, comfortable seats, leg and head room."

Cons: "loud acceleration road noise bumpy ride"

"Owned this car for 4 1/2 years. The first winter I regretted I bought it. Worst car ever in the snow and rain. Motor loud when excelerating, road noise, rough ride, cheap interior,"

Toyota Matrix caught on fire

By on Tuesday, June 26, 2012

I own this car

Pros: "It was fun to drive before it burst into flames"

Cons: "Potential for fatalities, lack of concern by manuf"

"Bought this vehicle new from the dealer. It drove great, had great maintenance record. At 24k miles it started smoking, the dash lights lit up and the brakes failed. I used my emergency brake to stop, exited the car and it burst into flames. Investigators believe it to be the ECM/Fuse panel. Toyota refuses to accept responsibility because the ECM/Fuse panel is destroyed. I've owned 3 Toyota's and had 20 yrs of loyalty to their company. No more."

3 pitfalls

By on Thursday, June 21, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, gas mileage, front leg room"

Cons: "Upholstery, stereo, depth available for carseats"

"I love my 2009 matrix. Unfortunately, it has 2 major flaws, and one annoyance. 1. the back seat does not accommodate multiple car seats well. Bucket car seats only fit in the center or behind a passenger seat fully upright and against the dash. I did find the Britax Marathon 70 fit behind the front seats (rear and forward facing) with them midway back and partially reclined. 2. The seats get water stains every time raindrops fall on the car, so the fabric looks worse for the wear than it is. 3. The stereo overheats when the sun beats on it. This causes the display to glitch out, and if you touch any buttons, the stereo turns off. I tried convincing the dealership to get me a new one, but because they couldnt repeat the problem (and the car cooled by the time I got there) they refused to send it back to the manufacturer free of charge. Overall, I can ignore the bad until we want to have a second child."

Reliable, 32mpg, good cargo space, long drive-able

By on Monday, April 02, 2012

Pros: "good value, roomy, great stereo"

Cons: "weird cup holders, only one charge outlet"

"I do a lot of 10hr drives in this car. It is absolutely reliable, big enough to shove in a dining room table and comfortable enough for a 6ft tall person. The miles are racking up quickly, and I seem to be in for regular service every 6 weeks, but I have confidence taking it through the mountains in the middle of the night in the winter. Great little car. Only regret is not getting the 2.4L engine."

Blind spots, low profile tires are noisy,

By on Friday, March 16, 2012

I own this car

"We don't like it at all."

Best vehicle I have ever bought!

By on Tuesday, February 21, 2012

I don't own this car

Pros: "size, gas mileage, pickup, stereo system"

Cons: "I actually cannot find a thing wrong with it."

"This car is like riding in Heaven. When I drove out of the dealership, I felt like I was on a cloud. It was soooo much fun to drive it, and the stereo system was just the best! I loved the way it rode, so quiet, yet very powerful. Not like a typical 4 cyl car. You would think it was 6 cyl! And the room for groceries or what in the back was tremendous. Loved it!"

just the right size, love the hatchback

By on Monday, February 13, 2012

"love the manual 5 speed"

Great little car.

By on Sunday, January 22, 2012

"Great little car for around town. Pros-Great gas milage -Reliable -Easy to handle, parking, in traffic -Hatchback is very handy -Easy to get in and out Cons-Road nioise -Doors sound tiney -Ride is fair"

love her

By on Saturday, December 31, 2011

"not a single problem in the first 25000 miles and hopefully will be like this for a long time."

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next