2009 Toyota Matrix

8.3

Based on 91 Ratings for the 2009 - 2013 models.

Awesome Car

By on Sunday, October 19, 2008

"I absolutely love this car! I went from an Echo to the Matrix S with little issue. The car handles wonderfully on the HWY. The dealer added cruise for me, and this boosted my HWY MPG to 34-36. The only thing I will miss is the amount of storage space my Echo had. The Matrix does not have all the extra cubbies. The matrix is bigger and bulkier than my Echo was, but handles surprisingly well. It accelerates smoothly... almost too smoothly... lol. I love it and am sooooo happy with it!"

Idle & Knocking Problems

By on Tuesday, July 21, 2009

"Within 3 months I noticed paint peeling and chipping on sideboard drivers side. At a car wash, I was using wand to wash and paint began to peel right off. Dealer repainted, no problem. Now, 1 year later the engine rattles like marbles in a tin can from right side while a idle. The check engine came on and I took it in. Dealer reset the computer but did not fix the rattle because they could not reproduce it. The didn't want to take the time to let the engine heat up properly to test it, so I had to pick it up. Ten minutes after picking it up and driving home it began to rattle at a stop light. I am sick of the thing already. I will be trading it in as soon as I get it paid down to what it's really worth."

Good little car

By on Friday, August 9, 2013

"Great gas milage, handles well, not bad to look at and reasonable room. Greatest weakness is just a little cheap"

Very happy

By on Sunday, July 7, 2013

Pros: "good value, fun to drive, fuel efficient"

Cons: "not enough space for car seats"

"This car has given me no trouble other than required mantainance and is very fun to drive. I love the fold down seats so I can items from the home store transported with ease. Overall great car!"

Ok car. Test drive it first before buying.

By on Saturday, January 5, 2013

Pros: "Drives well, plenty of power."

Cons: "Low gas mileage. Noisy. Small problems."

"Bought this car thinking it would get good mileage as our 08. The 2.4 though does not even come close. A warning if this is a reason to buy. The car has plenty of power though and runs well. Plenty of room in the back. I have had the radio problem other people have talked about as it goes blank when over heated. Also have the dash board rattle and am unable to find it. The low profile tires are ok but do not protect the rims from curbs if you bump them and make alot of noise. Only one recall so far on the window switches. Over all no major problems and is a good basic car. As I said I would take this car for a long test drive before buying and would not get the 2.4 if you want good mileage for that size car."