2009 Toyota Matrix

8.3

Based on 91 Ratings for the 2009 - 2013 models.

Best vehicle I have ever owned!

By on Friday, December 23, 2011

Pros: "Love this car"

Cons: "Small blind spot"

"The only downside is a slight blind spot in the drivers rear view mirror. I have used Mobil One and changed the oil every 5K this improves gas milage, and I have not had one problem with this car. Changed the tires at 50K; my bad should have rotated the tires! Sames set of brakes at73K!"

great value

By on Sunday, December 21, 2008

"We bought the Matrix awd due to our long and very cold winters and the fact our cities and towns due a very poor job of maintaining the streets we just returned from a trip in the country the temp was minus 40 C the car is warm keeps the windows clear and plows snow like crazy we LOVE this car wish i could afford another one"

Great little car.

By on Sunday, January 22, 2012

"Great little car for around town. Pros-Great gas milage -Reliable -Easy to handle, parking, in traffic -Hatchback is very handy -Easy to get in and out Cons-Road nioise -Doors sound tiney -Ride is fair"

Whole Lotta Car

By on Tuesday, November 17, 2009

"I just purchased a new 2010 AWD Matrix less than a week ago. I don't feel I can give a completely accurate review yet as I haven't had the car long... but so far I LOVE it. This car is a huge upgrade for me. I previously owned a 2003 Saturn ION. The Matrix feels solid and handles beautifully. The thing that amazes me most is how much larger the car feels when you're sitting inside it. On the outside it looks cute and sporty. Yet on the inside it is very roomy, and I don't feel like I'm sitting on the ground when I'm driving it. I live in New England and I drive a lot. I can't wait for the first snow storm to see the AWD difference! I learned how to drive on a Toyota, and I'm happy to be a Toyota driver again! So far I am a very happy customer."

Toyota Matrix caught on fire

By on Tuesday, June 26, 2012

I own this car

Pros: "It was fun to drive before it burst into flames"

Cons: "Potential for fatalities, lack of concern by manuf"

"Bought this vehicle new from the dealer. It drove great, had great maintenance record. At 24k miles it started smoking, the dash lights lit up and the brakes failed. I used my emergency brake to stop, exited the car and it burst into flames. Investigators believe it to be the ECM/Fuse panel. Toyota refuses to accept responsibility because the ECM/Fuse panel is destroyed. I've owned 3 Toyota's and had 20 yrs of loyalty to their company. No more."