2009 Toyota Matrix

8.3

Based on 90 Ratings for the 2009 - 2013 models.

Best vehicle I have ever owned!

By on Friday, December 23, 2011

Pros: "Love this car"

Cons: "Small blind spot"

"The only downside is a slight blind spot in the drivers rear view mirror. I have used Mobil One and changed the oil every 5K this improves gas milage, and I have not had one problem with this car. Changed the tires at 50K; my bad should have rotated the tires! Sames set of brakes at73K!"

Idle & Knocking Problems

By on Tuesday, July 21, 2009

"Within 3 months I noticed paint peeling and chipping on sideboard drivers side. At a car wash, I was using wand to wash and paint began to peel right off. Dealer repainted, no problem. Now, 1 year later the engine rattles like marbles in a tin can from right side while a idle. The check engine came on and I took it in. Dealer reset the computer but did not fix the rattle because they could not reproduce it. The didn't want to take the time to let the engine heat up properly to test it, so I had to pick it up. Ten minutes after picking it up and driving home it began to rattle at a stop light. I am sick of the thing already. I will be trading it in as soon as I get it paid down to what it's really worth."

great value

By on Sunday, December 21, 2008

"We bought the Matrix awd due to our long and very cold winters and the fact our cities and towns due a very poor job of maintaining the streets we just returned from a trip in the country the temp was minus 40 C the car is warm keeps the windows clear and plows snow like crazy we LOVE this car wish i could afford another one"

Great little car.

By on Sunday, January 22, 2012

"Great little car for around town. Pros-Great gas milage -Reliable -Easy to handle, parking, in traffic -Hatchback is very handy -Easy to get in and out Cons-Road nioise -Doors sound tiney -Ride is fair"

Reliable. Economical. Versatile.

By on Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Pros: "Reliable. Economical. Versatile."

Cons: "Miss cruise control a little."

"I really like this car. I use it to comute, pull my boat, pick up stuff (and I mean stuff) at Home Depot/Lowes (use it like my little truck). Performance-wise, I was never disappointed. Handling/power met my needs (with basic package). It's a shame Toyota discontinued it."