2009 Toyota Matrix

8.2

Based on 89 Ratings for the 2009 - 2013 models.

poor performance

By on Wednesday, July 08, 2009

"This car has been a big dissapointment for me. The power to climb a hill is poor. It is very noisy inside. The interior is minimal and the fabric stains very easily. For the winter weather I had to invest in snow tires. The tires don't do well when it rains and the stability on interstae highways is very poor."

Best car I ever had

By on Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Pros: "good gas mileage, stylish, low maintenance"

"Bought a 2004 new and traded it in for a new 2010. Love this car! Handles very nicely in snow. No problems mechanically with either model year. My 2004 had to have the battery replaced at 100,000, but that's about it. Great value and gas mileage for the cost."

Great Vehicle

By on Friday, August 27, 2010

"My wife and I have a 2004 Matrix automatic base model which we prurchased brand new in Dec,, 03 which was loaded with almost every option except cruise control. It's August, 2010, 92,000 miles later and almost two years since the car has been paid off and we couldn't be any happier with the veichle. A solid, reliable vehicle that other than normal service, has not needed any repairs and still has the factory brake pads and that's with my wife driving it 99 percent of the time. In addition, the paint and body still look new. She totally loves the car and will not settle for anything other than another Matrix when this car is handed down to our teenage son who will be driving soon."

6 months of the Shop

By on Monday, March 08, 2010

"I've owned a Matrix now for 7 months and here are the problems I've had. At 5000 miles the radio went out after a month I finally got a new one. At 7000 miles the radio started acting up again, toyota can't figure it out. At 9000 miles the 1st of the recalls. At 10,000 miles the gas pedal gets "fixed". Between 10,000 mile and 11,000 miles he accelerator sticks on 3 different occasions. I've owned may new and used cars in my life and this one by far has had the most issues. The vechicle I had before this and traded in on this matrix was a GMC Truck that had over 250,000 miles on it. Over it's life had fewer issues than this new Matrix has had in the 1st 7 months of ownership!"

Go Faster!!

By on Sunday, December 27, 2009

"Carvantruck? Sure is an odd duck to look at it. Ever been in a VW Bug? Tiny outside handballcourt inside. Same effect with Matrix. I'm 6'4" and can wear a hat in the backseat. Seats offer public transport comfort.Wife drives 75 miles a day highway 1.8L/32MPG!! I drive it between Chicago to Detroit. I'm glad I can slap the shifter between D and 3rd because it needs every boost you can give it to get from 50mph to 70. Flat windshield makes rain fly off She is what she is. Fun to drive in town that 1.8 . Flat floor and fold down rear seats"