2009 Toyota Matrix

8.2

Based on 89 Ratings for the 2009 - 2013 models.

poor performance

By on Wednesday, July 08, 2009

"This car has been a big dissapointment for me. The power to climb a hill is poor. It is very noisy inside. The interior is minimal and the fabric stains very easily. For the winter weather I had to invest in snow tires. The tires don't do well when it rains and the stability on interstae highways is very poor."

6 months of the Shop

By on Monday, March 08, 2010

"I've owned a Matrix now for 7 months and here are the problems I've had. At 5000 miles the radio went out after a month I finally got a new one. At 7000 miles the radio started acting up again, toyota can't figure it out. At 9000 miles the 1st of the recalls. At 10,000 miles the gas pedal gets "fixed". Between 10,000 mile and 11,000 miles he accelerator sticks on 3 different occasions. I've owned may new and used cars in my life and this one by far has had the most issues. The vechicle I had before this and traded in on this matrix was a GMC Truck that had over 250,000 miles on it. Over it's life had fewer issues than this new Matrix has had in the 1st 7 months of ownership!"

Go Faster!!

By on Sunday, December 27, 2009

"Carvantruck? Sure is an odd duck to look at it. Ever been in a VW Bug? Tiny outside handballcourt inside. Same effect with Matrix. I'm 6'4" and can wear a hat in the backseat. Seats offer public transport comfort.Wife drives 75 miles a day highway 1.8L/32MPG!! I drive it between Chicago to Detroit. I'm glad I can slap the shifter between D and 3rd because it needs every boost you can give it to get from 50mph to 70. Flat windshield makes rain fly off She is what she is. Fun to drive in town that 1.8 . Flat floor and fold down rear seats"

Whole Lotta Car

By on Tuesday, November 17, 2009

"I just purchased a new 2010 AWD Matrix less than a week ago. I don't feel I can give a completely accurate review yet as I haven't had the car long... but so far I LOVE it. This car is a huge upgrade for me. I previously owned a 2003 Saturn ION. The Matrix feels solid and handles beautifully. The thing that amazes me most is how much larger the car feels when you're sitting inside it. On the outside it looks cute and sporty. Yet on the inside it is very roomy, and I don't feel like I'm sitting on the ground when I'm driving it. I live in New England and I drive a lot. I can't wait for the first snow storm to see the AWD difference! I learned how to drive on a Toyota, and I'm happy to be a Toyota driver again! So far I am a very happy customer."

Not for the Short Driver

By on Monday, September 28, 2009

"This car is an excellent value if you are above 5'6" tall. I am short (5'3") and the back headrest hits me in such a way that the car has caused extreme pain in my neck. (I drive two hours a day). The car it's self is VERY high quality, but I have just not been able to find a comfortable spot. This is my 4rd Toyota, and the only one I have ever had issues with! To bad...could be a great car."