2008 Toyota Matrix

Based on 518 Ratings for the 2003 - 2008 models.

awesome fuel mileage

By on Wednesday, August 22, 2007

"I have had my Matrix for 2.5 years and have loved it. I will definitely consider another one when I am ready to buy again!"

A good comprimise

By on Tuesday, August 21, 2007

"I bought my 2004 Matrix XR used. I happened to be working for the dealership I bought it from. I didn't want a car payment so I was looking for something with good gas mileage and that was on the lower end of the price range. I was looking at the Mazda 3 wagon, the Honda Element, Toyota Corolla, Honda Civic and the Pontiac vibe. The Element did not get the gas mileage I wanted. The Corolla screamed RENTAL CAR. Cant swing a dead cat with out hitting a CIVIC. so that left me with The Vibe(basically the matrix) and the Mazda 3. Putting the Vibe and the Matrix side by side the Matrix won out in looks. The XR has such a more aggressive look compared to the Vibe. I have never been a big fan of Mazda and with the weird back end on the Hatchback 3 The Matrix won out. This car is massive on the inside. I have been able to put a lawn mower in the back. I am 6 ft1 and 250 and I don't feel like I drive a clown car. I have had many Toyotas before and I am a big fan. However you can tell this is a joint venture with Pontiac. The fit and finish is not up to par with most Toyota's I have owned. Not saying that is a huge draw back for the price point. You can just really tell what parts came from Pontiac. The red dialed radio is the worst. The car preforms well. Not a power house but for city driving it does well. With gas prices hitting $3 a gallon it has never cost more than $30 to fill up. So to review, depending on the new body style I would be interested in a new Matrix but it would need more power and a better fit and finish. It is a fun car to drive."

I LOVE THIS CAR

By on Friday, August 17, 2007

"I have owned just about every size car from a Toyota Celica (which was my mid-life crises car) to a Dodge Caravan. But I LOVE THIS CAR. The size is perfect for keeping a large dog kennel set up and still have plenty of room for packing up and going off to the beach. Of course, I do not use the rear seat, except as cargo. The styling is attractive, it handles well, I love the brakes and there was minimal damange and no personal injury at all when I was rear ended by a Lincoln Navigator. When I have used the rear seat for adult passengers, they were pleasantly surprised by the large amount of space they had. Gas economy is good, but could be better. Overall, this is a great all around car. Not the quickest car on the road, but adequate for most situations. Only reason I gave comfort a 4 instead of a 5, is that the drivers seat took a little time to get used to. I only wish that I could get this car with heated seats. I would trade mine in on a new one in a heart beat!"

By on Thursday, August 16, 2007

Another Great Toyota

By on Tuesday, August 14, 2007

"This is our third Toyota (our daughter still drives the 1990 Camry and we also have a 1999 Camry) The Matrix is a great car. The fold flat seats provide alot of very usable space. Great economy (29 around town and 35 to 37 on the highway). The car is fun to drive, very agile and responsive steering. The engine is a little loud with some vibration in the gas pedal under hard acceleration. I will keep this one a long time."

See if you qualify for