2006 Toyota Matrix

Based on 558 Ratings for the 2003 - 2008 models.

By on Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Little red road rocket...

By on Tuesday, October 21, 2008

"I purchased my used 2006 Matrix in Oct of 07. Traded in an 03 Blazer because of the gas crunch. I wanted to maintain the same utility functions the Blaser provided. I sacraficed the 4wd, but the little wagon provides great utility function. It seats 4 adults quite comfortably.It's peppy to drive on the high way and I'm enjoying 30+ mpg on the highway, approx 25 around town. One dis-appointing feature is rear drum brakes. They work well enough(not as well as disc) but are noisy and apparently this cant be remedied... two diff dealers could not correct the prob. Otherwise, its a great little car, the only thing I miss is a more quiet ride..."

Bucket seats uncomfortable

By on Sunday, October 19, 2008

"I've only had this car for a couple of weeks and I'm pleased with it overall. The big problem I have is that the seats are too hard! I've developed pain in my right knee and right thigh. I had an older Chevy with a very comfortable bench seat and arm rest. This has happened to another Matrix owner I know. The other problem I see is that the console is too far back between the seats and diifcult to reach. Other than these two issues, I'm happy with the styling and gas mileage."

163K and going strong

By on Friday, October 17, 2008

"I have beat this car up...It's first year was spent commuting 2 hours each way daily. The last 4years it's still been going about 80 miles a day. It's been to Florida and back twice. My mechanic ( non dealer) says that it still has a lot of life in it. The only complaints I have are the windshield pits easily, the console box never stays shut, and the front cosmetic valences were poorly designed. It is impossible not to damage them. Replacing them is exorbitantly expensive for what amounts to 5 feet of plastic. I considered pulling them off, but it leaved bizarre holes in the front bumper. That all may sound negative, but to be honest, the cosmetic stuff doesn't bother me at all, considering how reliable a car it has been for me."

By on Saturday, October 11, 2008