2006 Toyota Matrix

Based on 561 Ratings for the 2003 - 2008 models.

best choice for good looks and reliability

By on Monday, July 15, 2013

Pros: "price to value. the car was a great value"

Cons: "sometimes we wish the car had a few more horsepowe"

"I bought this car brand new, I remember everybody used to ask me what kind of car it was because there were so few at the time. for 260, 000 miles, all I've done is change the oil every seven thousand miles a couple of sets of tires and a couple of tune ups. this car has never given us any problems. we've raised one child and a 150 pound Bernese Mountain Dog in this car and it is held up just fine. we originally bought this car for its high crash test ratings. we have decided to keep this car forever although we are going to get a new car soon. if you can find one in good shape and well taken care of by it would be a good car for college student as the interior has tons of space.I am 6 foot 2 and I fit in it just fine."

Can't beat the matrix!

By on Monday, April 7, 2014

Pros: "Well-designed, fuel efficient, reliable"

Cons: "not a 4 wheel drive"

"I love this car. It is very reliable, only minor repairs like new tires and brake pads. I went from a gas guzzler at 18 mpg to this which averages 30 to 33 mpg. For a car this size, you can load a lot of stuff. Very well designed to pack. I instantly knew I wanted this car when I drove it. (hadn't planned on even buying one at that time). Had it four years and 50, 000 miles later I still have a great car. Although I've always been a 4 wheel drive lover, I am surprised how well the front wheel drive performed in the snow in Wisconsin's hard winter. Know of at least 4 people who saw my car and then bought one like it."

Love it...

By on Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Pros: "reliable. fast and sporty."

Cons: "seats are firm"

"I bought mine used with85k miles and now 175k miles and has never let me down."

Zippy for a small car.

By on Sunday, August 19, 2012

Pros: "ecomomical dependable great in traffic"

Cons: "Seats lacking"

"I am older and find the seats to lack lumbar support and could use extra padding. They are comfortable enough for daily driving. As a commuter vehicle it is great. Fast pickup in the city. Great gas milage. No mechanical problems to date. For ecomomy it can not be beat."

Bought, but planned to sell. Best investment.

By on Friday, May 31, 2013

Pros: "Excellent gas mileage"

Cons: "Doesn't accelerate very quickly (4cyl)"

"I bought this car knowing I would either a) keep it forever and ever, or b) sell it in a few years. I did my homework when buying this car and chose it because of it's: 1) Low VOC's after baking in the hot sun for days/hours. It never stank like plastic. 2) Reliability. It never broke down. WHen a tire started to leak, it alerted me. 3) Resale value. I kept it very clean. I owe $5000 on it. It's worth $8700 on KBB. Yessssssss 4) It's a good looking car. I don't feel frumpy- I feel cool, and know I'm safe at the same time. 5) I may never buy another car in all y life."