2006 Toyota Matrix

Based on 525 Ratings for the 2003 - 2008 models.

This is a quality car!

By on Saturday, July 12, 2014

Pros: "Great value, interior nice, handling, mileage"

Cons: "Too short for tall people, sound system."

"I love this car. I had a suspension issue the first year or two. A young man in a tire place fixed it using a little creativity. I haven't had a problems since. I've always gotten over 34 highway, and the handling has been as good as I've ever driven. I use rentals a lot in my work--even just off the lot stuff. This car always out shines (even newer Toyotas) other makes. I love that it can fold down to haul most small loads. I once drove 400 miles with a load of lumber flooring in the back. My only issue is that my son, who is 6'3" can't really sit comfortably. Otherwise, the longer I've owned it the better it runs--even seems a little more powerful. I am looking for something that can do more off-road travel, but I sure hate to give up this honey of a car,"

I love my Toyota Matrix!!!

By on Friday, June 27, 2014

Pros: "easy, fun, practical, cost effective"

Cons: "Center console cup holders are to close together"

"This has been one of the best cars I have ever owned. The seats fold flat giving a huge amount of interior cargo space for hauling things, but it is also a great passenger car. comfortable. Easy to drive. Great gas mileage. Easy turn ratio and handling."

Reliable daily driver

By on Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Pros: "Reliability; low ownership cost; interior cargo rm"

Cons: "Mileage ~ 29; lots of plastic"

"Bought a 2008 new in 2007, and have put 120K miles on it so far. Zero repairs! Just normal maintenance (tires, brakes, hoses, etc); still running same battery after seven years. Amazing little car - has more room inside, with the seats folded, than just about any other car in its class. My (grown) children will tease about the "nerdiness" of the Matrix, but they all borrow it when they need to move, haul furniture (smaller pieces), or travel w/o worrying about reliability! Only complaint: 1) for a 1.8 4-cylinder, it should be getting better than 29 combined MPG. I've routinely averaged 29 combined, best hiway mileage ever was 32. 2) Materials are not highest quality - it looks fine, but it's all plastic. Best qualities: Maintenance free; rock solid reliability in all weather; interior space; easy to park anywhere. Buy it! It's a shame Toyota is abandoning the Matrix."

The third Matrix we've owned. Best car ever owned!

By on Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Pros: "Quick, agile, great handling, gas mileage."

Cons: "A bit noisy. No arm rests."

"If they still made them, I'd buy another! Best car I've ever owned. No maintenance issues at all. Fun to drive. Easy on gas (better than 30 mpg on highway and more than 25 around town. Solid car. Can also accommodate 4 people very comfortably and you can pack this car and still have lots of room for passengers."

I love this car!

By on Sunday, May 25, 2014

"My Toyota Matrix is one of the most reliable, comfortable cars I have ever owned. It also gets great mileage."