• 2014 Compact Car Buyer's Guide

2006 Toyota Matrix

Based on 514 Ratings for the 2003 - 2008 models.

By on Sunday, July 22, 2007

"My Matrix XRs is terrific! Roomier than it looks . . . I actually have gotten two toddler car seats with a booster seat between them in the back seat. Front seats are molded and comfortable, especially for somepone with lower back problems. The cargo space is more than adequate also. Only complaint is that my motorolla charger continually blows the fuse in the console box outlet and the upholstry stains fairly easy. Also, wasn't told by sales person that this particular model requires PREMIUM gasoline and has HIGH PERFORMANCE TIRES. But I guess that the trade off is great gas mileage. All-in-all, great value for the money."

This thing will fly

By on Saturday, July 21, 2007

"Ive got a 2003 Xrs and overall its a good car. The cluth went out at 50,000 miles wich wasnt cheap for a week to week paid person but it will Fly. Good power in high rpm. Im racing turbo cars and eatin em up with Few mods done Definitly would recommend it to Young to mid aged Generations .If you want to beat Vtec get Xrs matrix with VVTL-I engine"

good times

By on Saturday, July 21, 2007

"i have a 2003 xrs which has a bit more power than the other versions but it is not as great on gas mileage. I get on average 27 mpg and i do alot of highway travel. It is a well made vehicle and I would recommend it to anyone who wants the comfort and space of the matrix with more power."

Comfort and Reliablility

By on Saturday, July 21, 2007

"This car is a great, reliable, comfortable, stylish, and gets great gas mileage. The only complaint I have is that is doesn't have a whole lot of power. But since I am not going to be in any races any time soon, I think this car will suit me just fine!"

What a great car

By on Thursday, July 19, 2007

"I owned a Matrix for 3 years, and what a great economical car. I am in outside sales and drive everyday for a living. I can't explain how comfortable this car is. I have a bad back and I never get tired in these seats. Gas economy was great! I averaged close to 34mpg even with city driving. Not a single problem in 55k miles. The resale value was also very very good! The other thing I loved about the car was the versatility of all the storage capabilities. I really didn't want to sell her but it was time to upgrade to a Lexus!"