2005 Toyota Matrix

Based on 561 Ratings for the 2003 - 2008 models.

I love my matrix

By on Friday, September 7, 2012

Pros: "Great value, no blind spot, sporty, great mpg"

Cons: "small engine"

"I've owned my 2005 Toyota Matrix since 2009. This car can handle anything I throw at it - I drive like a race car driver and take hard turns and speed around and she just gives me everything I want. My model is manual and it's so much fun to drive! Not a car for power hunger drivers, as the engine is only a four banger. The inside is so roomy, my friend calls my car "the Tardis", because it's bigger on the inside - it's easy to fit 4 adults comfortably in the car. The fold down back AND passenger seat lets me fit large cargo (moving is a breeze!) and the hard cover plastic on all these things lets me get messy without messing up my car. There are zero blind spots in this car and it's a toyota, so it's super reliable. I love my car, Bon Qui Qui!"

My favorite car, ever!

By on Monday, August 5, 2013

Pros: "reliable, sporty, comfortable, roomy"

Cons: "trim is really low to the ground"

"This is the best car I've ever owned. I bought it used and have had little to no maintenance issues with it. It's comfortable, it's very attractive, I've been able to haul 8 ft lumber (and a host of other things) thanks to its roomy cargo space and fold down flat seats (all the way up to the passenger seat.) Just now, at almost 200K miles it is starting to need some work. I'd say that's pretty impressive!"

Reliable and great gas mileage

By on Saturday, February 2, 2013

Pros: "Great purchase price, gas mileage, reliability."

Cons: "More insulation for a quieter interior."

"I've owned many cars in my life and this was my first Toyota. I bought it new in Aug,2006 and still own it. I have maintained it very well, doing most of the maintenance myself because it is easy on this car. This is the most reliable car I've have ever owned, never ever having to take it in for any repairs. Not even a light bulb has burned out on it. And for an all wheel drive car, it gets me 30 mpg consistently. When I first bought it, I thought I would only keep it for 3 yrs, but because I like it so much, hear I am at 6.5 years of ownership. My friends tell me, my Toyota still looks fairly new too..."

Very reliable and economical best car i've owned.

By on Friday, August 23, 2013

I don't own this car

Pros: "Very reliable vehicle,great price,handles well."

Cons: "could use a little more head and leg room."

"This car is the most reliable and economical vehicle I've ever owned handles well and is also low maintenance."

Best car I've ever owned!

By on Monday, April 15, 2013

Pros: "Good price, very versatile."

"Better than listed mpg... 28/40, over the last 9 years. Extremely useful flat floor in cargo area, comfortable enough on long trips, great sound system, great visibility, reliable, and safe. Saved my bacon in an accordion accident where I was hit multiple times. Now in the process of looking for a new one."