2005 Toyota Matrix

Based on 542 Ratings for the 2003 - 2008 models.

I love this car!

By on Monday, August 18, 2014

"This is a great car. I bought it used and have ran this car all over the country. Not one single problem, ever. I love the great gas milage it gets, the comfort, and the room it allows. I recommend this car for anyone."

Very reliable vehicle

By on Sunday, August 17, 2014

Pros: "Parts are not expensive"

Cons: "Interior stereo buttons,not the best but they work"

"Great car...one of toyotas best vehicles build in that year, toy try to buy back this auto from me at least twice,,,,,30mpg city and 40mpg hwy not bad for a 2004"

i love this car I have Driv it for the past 8 yr

By on Friday, August 08, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive but as toyotas go high priced"

Cons: "Too light to drive in wi ter without snow tires"

"Love almost everything about this car. Except the drive in the winter, it is too light and seems to get stuck in very little snow. Perhaps snow ties would work, but hubby doesn't want to bother changing tires every winter"

Reliable, great cargo space

By on Thursday, July 31, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, great cargo space"

Cons: "Ugly"

"This car has been great for 114,000 miles so far. It hardly ever needs repair. I bought it because of the versatile cargo space, and it has worked out fine for carrying musical instruments and kayaking gear. The interior is well thought out with rings for attaching straps or bungie cords, seats that fold flat and a front seat whose back folds forward. We can carry an 8-ft. ladder without even leaving the hatchback open. The only downside is that the car is ugly. Later models left off the "whiskers." Sorry to see the Matrix go."

Loved this car.

By on Saturday, July 26, 2014

Reason: Wife could not drive a manual.

"Pros. Gas mileage. 30-35. Never got less than 27 mpg even when I drove it with my foot to the floor constantly. Fun to drive! Always had a blast. And if need be, this thing could go anywhere and do anything. Comfort. Never got uncomfortable on those long drives. Quiet. Quiet inside and out. Not a lot of engine noise or wind noise. Stero. Speakers were great, easy controls. Durable. Everything was durable about this car. nothing ever broke. Price. Car was dirt cheap and great value for money. Cons. Not enough power. Could have used another 20hp for passing. Gearbox. Also could have used a sixth gear. Ran 3000 rpm on the highway. But with a 1.8 it didn't use a lot of gas at that rpm anyway."

Worth every penny

By on Sunday, July 20, 2014

"This car has completely changed my mind about Toyota and Scion. In 2005, I bought this car for $17k and it has been worth every penny. It has about 400,000 miles on it and it's still running extremely well. Unfortunately, Toyota only programmed the odometers to 299,999 miles, so I have been using the tripometer for the rest. Overall, I am very sad to see that Toyota has discontinued the Matrix model."

Great Utility and Practicality in a Sporty Package

By on Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, decent gas mileage, cargo space"

Cons: "lack of torque, 91 octane or higher gas"

"I have owned my '06 Matrix XRS for almost eight years now and have 166,000 miles on it. To this point, I have changed the oil, rotated tires, and changed the front brake pads. It has been reliable beyond my imagination and is very practical for my lifestyle. It has four doors so I can transport the kids. It has a big hatch so I can get the groceries....and when I put the back seats down, I can fit my bass rig and small PA in the back no problem. The six speed manual transmission is smooth for the most part and the performance is second to none in a car like this. The Yamaha 2ZZ engine has great pep and top end speed. As far as performance, my only hang-up is the lack of above average torque, but other than that, it's great. It has been a great car for and I have more than got my money's worth out of it."

This is a quality car!

By on Saturday, July 12, 2014

Pros: "Great value, interior nice, handling, mileage"

Cons: "Too short for tall people, sound system."

"I love this car. I had a suspension issue the first year or two. A young man in a tire place fixed it using a little creativity. I haven't had a problems since. I've always gotten over 34 highway, and the handling has been as good as I've ever driven. I use rentals a lot in my work--even just off the lot stuff. This car always out shines (even newer Toyotas) other makes. I love that it can fold down to haul most small loads. I once drove 400 miles with a load of lumber flooring in the back. My only issue is that my son, who is 6'3" can't really sit comfortably. Otherwise, the longer I've owned it the better it runs--even seems a little more powerful. I am looking for something that can do more off-road travel, but I sure hate to give up this honey of a car,"

I love my Toyota Matrix!!!

By on Friday, June 27, 2014

Pros: "easy, fun, practical, cost effective"

Cons: "Center console cup holders are to close together"

"This has been one of the best cars I have ever owned. The seats fold flat giving a huge amount of interior cargo space for hauling things, but it is also a great passenger car. comfortable. Easy to drive. Great gas mileage. Easy turn ratio and handling."

Reliable daily driver

By on Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Pros: "Reliability; low ownership cost; interior cargo rm"

Cons: "Mileage ~ 29; lots of plastic"

"Bought a 2008 new in 2007, and have put 120K miles on it so far. Zero repairs! Just normal maintenance (tires, brakes, hoses, etc); still running same battery after seven years. Amazing little car - has more room inside, with the seats folded, than just about any other car in its class. My (grown) children will tease about the "nerdiness" of the Matrix, but they all borrow it when they need to move, haul furniture (smaller pieces), or travel w/o worrying about reliability! Only complaint: 1) for a 1.8 4-cylinder, it should be getting better than 29 combined MPG. I've routinely averaged 29 combined, best hiway mileage ever was 32. 2) Materials are not highest quality - it looks fine, but it's all plastic. Best qualities: Maintenance free; rock solid reliability in all weather; interior space; easy to park anywhere. Buy it! It's a shame Toyota is abandoning the Matrix."