2005 Toyota Matrix

Based on 528 Ratings for the 2003 - 2008 models.

Most versitile car owned to date.

By on Friday, August 22, 2014

Pros: "Versatility, decent gas mileage, good head room."

Cons: "Outside cabin noise, no backseat vents."

"I bought this car brand new in November 2002. It has served me well these past 12 years. It has taken me on several road trips and lugged home plenty of medium to large furniture pieces, lumber, and plenty of messy gardening materials. I love the fact that when the back seats are folded down they are completely flat - same for the front passenger seat (no slight incline) and the backs are covered in durable plastic making dirt and potting soil easy to clean up. However, due to having a child with a bad case of motion sickness that he will not outgrow, I now need a car with air vents dedicated for the backseat. I can also say that I traded in a 1999 Monte Carlo for this car because the Monte Carlo's seats made my lower back hurt and I needed a 4 door car. I have never ever had that problem with the seats in the Matrix. My son is now 4 years old and it accomodated the rear facing infant seat and the next size up in rear facing baby seats just fine. The suspension is a bit hard when on a bumpy road, but that comes with the territory for small cars like this. I still get compliments on it as I went with the dark blue Toyota called at that time "Indigo Ink Blue". Wish they still had that color on their current vehicle line up. It's going to be hard to let it go, but we cannot keep more than 2 cars."

I love this car!

By on Monday, August 18, 2014

"This is a great car. I bought it used and have ran this car all over the country. Not one single problem, ever. I love the great gas milage it gets, the comfort, and the room it allows. I recommend this car for anyone."

Very reliable vehicle

By on Sunday, August 17, 2014

Pros: "Parts are not expensive"

Cons: "Interior stereo buttons,not the best but they work"

"Great car...one of toyotas best vehicles build in that year, toy try to buy back this auto from me at least twice,,,,,30mpg city and 40mpg hwy not bad for a 2004"

i love this car I have Driv it for the past 8 yr

By on Friday, August 08, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive but as toyotas go high priced"

Cons: "Too light to drive in wi ter without snow tires"

"Love almost everything about this car. Except the drive in the winter, it is too light and seems to get stuck in very little snow. Perhaps snow ties would work, but hubby doesn't want to bother changing tires every winter"

Reliable, great cargo space

By on Thursday, July 31, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, great cargo space"

Cons: "Ugly"

"This car has been great for 114,000 miles so far. It hardly ever needs repair. I bought it because of the versatile cargo space, and it has worked out fine for carrying musical instruments and kayaking gear. The interior is well thought out with rings for attaching straps or bungie cords, seats that fold flat and a front seat whose back folds forward. We can carry an 8-ft. ladder without even leaving the hatchback open. The only downside is that the car is ugly. Later models left off the "whiskers." Sorry to see the Matrix go."