2005 Toyota Matrix

Based on 551 Ratings for the 2003 - 2008 models.

Bought, but planned to sell. Best investment.

By on Friday, May 31, 2013

Pros: "Excellent gas mileage"

Cons: "Doesn't accelerate very quickly (4cyl)"

"I bought this car knowing I would either a) keep it forever and ever, or b) sell it in a few years. I did my homework when buying this car and chose it because of it's: 1) Low VOC's after baking in the hot sun for days/hours. It never stank like plastic. 2) Reliability. It never broke down. WHen a tire started to leak, it alerted me. 3) Resale value. I kept it very clean. I owe $5000 on it. It's worth $8700 on KBB. Yessssssss 4) It's a good looking car. I don't feel frumpy- I feel cool, and know I'm safe at the same time. 5) I may never buy another car in all y life."

Reliable and great gas mileage

By on Saturday, February 02, 2013

Pros: "Great purchase price, gas mileage, reliability."

Cons: "More insulation for a quieter interior."

"I've owned many cars in my life and this was my first Toyota. I bought it new in Aug,2006 and still own it. I have maintained it very well, doing most of the maintenance myself because it is easy on this car. This is the most reliable car I've have ever owned, never ever having to take it in for any repairs. Not even a light bulb has burned out on it. And for an all wheel drive car, it gets me 30 mpg consistently. When I first bought it, I thought I would only keep it for 3 yrs, but because I like it so much, hear I am at 6.5 years of ownership. My friends tell me, my Toyota still looks fairly new too..."

I love my matrix

By on Friday, September 07, 2012

Pros: "Great value, no blind spot, sporty, great mpg"

Cons: "small engine"

"I've owned my 2005 Toyota Matrix since 2009. This car can handle anything I throw at it - I drive like a race car driver and take hard turns and speed around and she just gives me everything I want. My model is manual and it's so much fun to drive! Not a car for power hunger drivers, as the engine is only a four banger. The inside is so roomy, my friend calls my car "the Tardis", because it's bigger on the inside - it's easy to fit 4 adults comfortably in the car. The fold down back AND passenger seat lets me fit large cargo (moving is a breeze!) and the hard cover plastic on all these things lets me get messy without messing up my car. There are zero blind spots in this car and it's a toyota, so it's super reliable. I love my car, Bon Qui Qui!"

Very reliable and economical best car i've owned.

By on Friday, August 23, 2013

I don't own this car

Pros: "Very reliable vehicle,great price,handles well."

Cons: "could use a little more head and leg room."

"This car is the most reliable and economical vehicle I've ever owned handles well and is also low maintenance."

My favorite car, ever!

By on Monday, August 05, 2013

Pros: "reliable, sporty, comfortable, roomy"

Cons: "trim is really low to the ground"

"This is the best car I've ever owned. I bought it used and have had little to no maintenance issues with it. It's comfortable, it's very attractive, I've been able to haul 8 ft lumber (and a host of other things) thanks to its roomy cargo space and fold down flat seats (all the way up to the passenger seat.) Just now, at almost 200K miles it is starting to need some work. I'd say that's pretty impressive!"

Best car I've ever owned!

By on Monday, April 15, 2013

Pros: "Good price, very versatile."

"Better than listed mpg... 28/40, over the last 9 years. Extremely useful flat floor in cargo area, comfortable enough on long trips, great sound system, great visibility, reliable, and safe. Saved my bacon in an accordion accident where I was hit multiple times. Now in the process of looking for a new one."

Great car, great MPG

By on Sunday, September 02, 2012

Pros: "Awesome MPG"

Cons: "Not much room for a family"

"I bought this car brand new in 2006, model year 2007. I do lots of highway driving commuting to work...almost 180k miles now with NO issues at all. I still average 32-34 MPG. I highly recommend this car!"

Good reliable car with lots of space

By on Monday, November 28, 2011

Pros: "Reliable"

Cons: "No anti-lock brakes and body seems easily dented"

"It's a good, reliable car. I've had mine since Oct 2006 and have had no mechanical problems. I purchased the Toyota extended warranty for about $500 for piece of mind and haven't had to use it yet. No interior problems. My only issues with the car is that it doesn't hande that well in the rain or snow (at least compared to the VW's I've owned) and the hood and body seem to dent easily (acorns dented it in multiple spots on a windy day). My model also didn't have anti-lock brakes which may be another reason it doesn't handle that well. But, the car is very reliable and inexpensive, and if thats what you want, its a great deal. My list was $19,500 and I talked the dealer down to $17,414."

Great vehicle best I've had in many years

By on Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Pros: "reliable, great gas milage"

Cons: "body style, front bumper air dam to close to the ground"

"The driver side windo does stick. It was recalled to repair it. Mechanically is very reliable a very good multi purpose vehicle. Body style does lend it's self to dings and dents. The front bumper air dam will not clear curbs. I would buy the car again"

Great crossover vehicle

By on Thursday, July 08, 2010

"I bought my Matrix new almost 7 years ago. The only major repair has been the clutch at 35K miles. It's been 100K miles on the new clutch with no problems. The additional horsepower of the XRS is very good for passing cars and merging into traffic. And the 6-speed is fun to drive but is tedious in stop-and-go traffic. When gas was $4/gal, I switched from premium gas to regular with no knocking or other problems. I've used it to haul so many things: help people move, get my lawn mower repaired, lumber for home improvement, etc.. I'm 6 ft. tall and my head never touches the ceiling."