2005 Toyota Matrix

Based on 524 Ratings for the 2003 - 2008 models.

Another Great Toyota

By on Tuesday, August 14, 2007

"This is our third Toyota (our daughter still drives the 1990 Camry and we also have a 1999 Camry) The Matrix is a great car. The fold flat seats provide alot of very usable space. Great economy (29 around town and 35 to 37 on the highway). The car is fun to drive, very agile and responsive steering. The engine is a little loud with some vibration in the gas pedal under hard acceleration. I will keep this one a long time."

By on Friday, August 10, 2007

"I love my Matrix this is the first Toyota that I have owned and I am sold I get 34 miles to the gallon. It is very roomy even when I haul the Big guys."

By on Thursday, August 09, 2007

Safe reliable car!

By on Thursday, August 09, 2007

"We have owned this car for 3 1/2 years with no mechanical problems whatsoever. We purchased it new and have 2 young children. It gets great mileage and handles pretty well. The interior is organized well, the backseats are a little stiff for adults on long rides. Sadly, we were involved in an auto accident last week which totalled the car. A driver in a Dodge Caravan coming in the opposite direction turned left as our car approached the intersection at 40mph. Our car hit the passenger door of the van. My husband was driving with our 12 year old 78lb son buckled in the back seat. The front air bags deployed and both walked away from the crash without a scratch. No seatbelt burns or buises, no marks from the airbags. The paramedics were impressed with how well the passenger compart held up. The front end is a mess, but the engine did not come into the passenger compartment at all. We're very impressed with the safety and reliability of this vehicle. We will definitely buy another Toyota!"

I've had better

By on Tuesday, August 07, 2007

"I really liked this car at first. I went from a New Beetle Turbo to this car, and I miss the turbo a lot. This car sucks going up hills, I live in the mountains and going over a mountain pass you have to floor it to get it to almost go 40mph. If the A/C is on, you can forget about pick-up at all. Plus, I have been looking to trade it in, and in the 6 months that I have had it, the value of this car has dropped by more than $3000.00. that is too much. It has nice interior space although on long drives the car hurts my back, it has no lumbar support. If you need to to haul stuff short distances, this car is great, it also has great gas mileage, about 31-34 if you put mid grade in it. I would buy a Toyota again, just not this car."