2004 Toyota Matrix

Based on 542 Ratings for the 2003 - 2008 models.

Previous | 1 ... 19 20 21 22 | Next

Excellent car

By on Thursday, September 27, 2007

"We bought the Matrix in 2005. My husband wanted an SUV, I didn't. So, we looked at Matrix and liked it enough to buy it. Now after a little over 2 years of driving, we love the car. Tons of space, very easy to drive and have never had any issues. Drives well in the snow too..... Love it. Would recommend to anyone."

excellent,excellent,excellent....

By on Monday, September 24, 2007

"This car is great,consider yourself very lucky if you found out about this car at a time where gas prices are crazy and reliability is important.You see for some reason Toyota does'nt advertise the Matrix much, I dont know why! I went to buy a corolla ce,but they brought out a Matrix by mistake.I never saw or even knew what a Matrix was but I was sold.What a excellent mistake.....and by the way I am not a salesman :) jUST MY OPINION AND EXPIRIENCE OF A GREAT PRODUCT!!!"

My wifes other love !

By on Saturday, September 22, 2007

"My wife fell in love with her Matrix the first time she saw it on the dealers lot. I was somewhat skeptical of owning a Toyota but the wife had no hesitations. The only bad thing about her having it was the time she spent away from home going to auctions and garage sales because she finally had a vehicle she could haul all her "stuff" home in. That Matix can haul as much stuff as my 3/4ton pick-up. It has 98,000 miles on it and it runs as good as the day we bought it new. That car handles great in snow,ice or rain as long as a person uses some common sense. It always started in below zero weather and never overheated on the 100degree days. It gets 32mpg in town or on the highway. All we have done to it besides fluid changes is put a new serpintine belt on it at 92,000miles and new tires at 60,000miles. It's a wonderful vehicle that we would recommend to anyone new or used."

By on Friday, September 21, 2007

By on Thursday, September 20, 2007

"outstanding vehicle comfortable easy to drive. Good power convenient easily used space. The rear seats fold down giving good storage. for an invalided person who is still mobile entry is good. I have used it to carry bicycles on the rear on a 600 mile trip. Ive carried my canoe using foam blocks on it no problems but there are no structural tie downs in the rear just the plastic bumper. I'd recommend one to anyone. The reliability has been in 30,000 miles all that I'd expected of a Toyota."

Spoiled my wife

By on Wednesday, September 19, 2007

"Wife wanted a 5 speed and a sun roof. She drives friends to lunch frequently and they like the 4 door and headroom. Really easy to park and really great for hauling "stuff" with the rear seats down. Now have 64,000 miles and Blue Book says it's still worth $10,800. My previous Mercury Villager went from $30,000 to $6,000 in 4 years so you can see I'm really happy with the retained value. New clutch at 60,000 and a little noisy at highway speeds. We have gotten 39 mph on the highway. A good buy!!!"

By on Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Better than expected

By on Sunday, September 16, 2007

"Two plus years ago, I was looking for a dependable vehicle that would give me 30 mpg. Moving from a Q45, it was definitely a transition--but one I have never regretted. Yes, I would like it to be a little taller, like the new RAV4. But this vehicle is a great package at a great price. I've been able to put four adults in with enough headroom to wear hats. And I can still see the look on that guy who was driving an Expedition when he asked me if I had really just taken a washer AND a dryer out of my vehicle at the Salvation Army! I do plenty of driving and I have gone 6 hours straight without a backache. Many reviews talk about it being under-powered. It can be if you leave it in overdrive. But if you need more, take it out of that gear, and you will be pleasantly surprised by the power and ability to climb and accelerate. I still get 30 mpg doing this and shift in and out of overdrive for acceleration and braking. The trans is fantastic, especially at higher speeds. While normal mileage is at 40,000 for 2 1/2 years, I now have 57,000 and not a problem or reason to dislike my choice. Just the opposite- I think it was the perfect one and with the Michelin Pilots, I can maneuver as well as the Q45 and feel just as safe. The only item not resolved is a movement 'click' in the driver's seat which the dealer said is normal."

Great SUV alternate

By on Wednesday, September 12, 2007

"After shopping around for an SUV and becoming frustrated with high prices and low gas mileage, we finally considered the Matrix. After a little research and a test drive, we were sold. The MPG has been outstanding, and with the 2/3 back seat and front passenger sear folded down, I have hauled ladders and screen doors. Not to mention the rear hatch glass opens, allowing even longer items to be hauled. Very versatile car, ahead of its time."

Good Versitility

By on Wednesday, September 12, 2007

"Amazing versitility for various loads of people or cargo."

By on Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Great Little Car

By on Monday, September 10, 2007

"I bought this car to carry me through grad school. I am an extreme sports enthusiast and I have to say, its a great car to take snowboarding. The back seat folds down and allows me to take 3- 4 people with me all while carrying the boards inside too. Its great on gas, and getting on the highway is never a problem. I LOVE my car!"

By on Sunday, September 09, 2007

good value

By on Saturday, September 08, 2007

"my xr looks very sporty, but doesn't perform sporty. ride is somehow comfortable, reliability so far has been is excellent. good gas mileage. fold the back seat and you have a big space for your big stuff, i use it for my golf bag set. fit and finish is ok."

best vehicle ever

By on Saturday, September 08, 2007

"i love my matrix it is so much fun to drive"

Luv it!!

By on Saturday, September 08, 2007

"I love this car!! I have had Barretta's and Sunfire's..love the small car feel. This car does everything you need--good gas mileage, versatile (cargo/passenger), fun to drive! I only wish there was a bit more leg room in the back seat."

Best Vehicle I have ever had.

By on Saturday, September 08, 2007

"I have had this vehicle for 5 years and never had a problem. I love it. I purchased it as soon as it was available within one week as they came on the lot for the first time in May of 2002. I have recommended this car to everyone I know. I have had no major mechanical problems only the normal wear and tear and maintenance issues. My mechanic loves my car. I get 35 MPG with an automatic still to this day and with the price of gas, it sure does help. Also, when I purchased the vehicle, I was not married and since I have gotten married to a very tall man (6'6") and he can drive the car because of the high ceiling. Thanks for a wonderful car."

my favorite car

By on Friday, September 07, 2007

"I bought this car in 2003 and someone told me that my car still looks very good & cooL! A guy just bought a new Toyota van and he likes my car more than his new Van. he was impressed by Matrix outlook! He kept asking me what model and what year did I buy. So funnY! I love it a lot and it's quite fun to drive with. Don't get the basic Matrix...get the XR coz it looks more sporty."

By on Thursday, September 06, 2007

Matrix is Excellent all around

By on Wednesday, September 05, 2007

"My wife and I love our Matrix. We always wonder if there are a lot of old people driving them or if there are a lot of younger people out there driving them. So, of course, we look every time we pass another matrix on the road. There is such a mix of people we have concluded that it is a car for everybody. And who can argue? There is a lot of storage space, it is easy on gas, and it not ultra expensive like those hybrids out there."

shouldawaited

By on Tuesday, September 04, 2007

"The matrix was purchased for my wife. She wanted a scion and I thought that the scion was too small as a primary car. This car is nice, fully loaded with leather, moonroof, etc... I was expecting better gas mileage. The car is too under powered which kills the gas mileage. I got better mileage in my 245hp V6 Altima than in this 180hp matrix. I Should have bought the scion."

By on Monday, September 03, 2007

By on Monday, September 03, 2007

If only i were taller

By on Saturday, September 01, 2007

"I have gone back and forth with this car- whether to keep it or sell it. I'm leaning toward selling it. For a small car it does feel very spacious but I'm just over 5 feet tall and the visibility is terrible for me. I have to sit on a pillow to see up and over the dashboard. And with the rear being as high as it is I just can't see anything in this car. It handles great but I don't feel safe in it. I think I have just talked myself into selling it... so if you're six foot and interested in a Matrix..."

By on Friday, August 31, 2007