2013 Toyota Land Cruiser

Based on 32 Ratings for the 2008 - 2016 models.

Very Happy!

By on Monday, December 8, 2008

"Bought this vehicle to replace my 1997 GMC Suburban that had 207,000+ miles. Sad day when the old SUV was involved in a hit and run causing it to be destroyed...had planned on driving it for a lot longer. Considered a new Tahoe or Yukon but they seemed to be of lesser quality with more plastic and for the price of $50,000, I found that offensive. Researched extensively and decided upon the 2008 Landcruiser. Been driving it for 5 months and really enjoy it. Wished the body style was more like the previous model. Gas mileage is not as bad as I expected. Gets over 16 mpg on the highway. My old Suburban got 12. Ride is sweet. Second and third row seats fold down very easily. Love the seat warmers (front and second row) in the winter. Wish it had the seat coolers for the summer. Really appreciate the parking sensors on the FRONT and BACK bumpers! New Suburbans did not have this option. LOVE the navigation with bluetooth for the totally hands free driving. NO MORE looking for the phone to answer it. The call bumps the radio off until the call is over. VERY large and roomy interior. Air BAGS to the MAX. How many SUVs do you know that have an air bag for your knees? Told the dealer that I DID NOT want or need the XM radio. Hate to admit this, but I truly like listening to so many different stations and my 6 months of FREE XM is due to run out and I am going to sign up for a subscription. Too bad it is not less expensive. I am NOT an employee of XM and I was NOT paid to say that I GREATLY enjoy the XM radio. After Hurricane IKE this summer, I left town and could get updates on channel 247 on the aftermath. Earlier in the summer I took a vacation where there was NO TV and I could sit in the SUV and hear the weather updates for Hurricane Dolly! ALL of the pro baseball games play-by-play. A significant number of college games. Wish XM had ALL of the pro football games too. Don't listen to AM/FM radio much anymore. XM seems to keep me VERY satisfied. You won't believe the channels available. Negative: Had to replace the front windshield due to a rock hitting it and causing it to crack at that very moment. ALL windshields on ALL vehicles are made too thin these days and therefore crack easily. Dealership wanted $1500. to replace. After market product at a mom and pop shop got my business for $609. Cheaper but still an OUCH! I REALLY enjoy the Landcruiser and would buy it all over again!"

LOYAL to Land Cruiser

By on Friday, September 4, 2015

"This is my third! I tried other cars in-between but always come back. Sticker shock for a "non-glamorous" vehicle but then I never regret it. Very reliable and trouble free.Always drive them 100 000+ miles. Uses a lot of gas though. Only complaint is hatch back door reach and ease of third row seat placement, especially when I am in a dress.. But each model change has improved those."

Quiet, awesome acceleration for an SUV!

By on Thursday, June 19, 2014

Pros: "Get there in style - and likely the only one there"

Cons: "It doesn't "look" like an $85k vehicle LOL"

"This is the second Landcruiser I've ever owned, and likely won't be the last. It's heavy, but the power of the engine and the perfectly tuned suspension make it handle like a smaller and lighter vehicle. The ONLY thing I don't like about it is... Not enough upholders!!!!! My Toyota Tundra has them all over the place!! But, only 2 1/2 in here!! Also, the associated cargo bin is small, and no tray for easy access. I guess soccer mom's just don't need any clutter!"

Rock Solid

By on Sunday, August 8, 2010

"I have 47000 miles. Vehicle is used for work and is off-road often. I carry around 500lbs of equipment all the time. I wish it sat higher or had adjustable suspension height. Fuel mileage with the stock Michelins reached 21mpg hwy at 80mph. I lost 3 mpg with the Goodyear Wrangler SA. The Goodyear tires are better off road. Works well in the snow and mud. This is a very good vehicle. It has power to run at any speed in the mountains. Had driveline replaced for clunk at startup. Wish I had one for the wife. It is hard to drive other vehicles now. There are so many design secrets that most people will never appreciate or understand."

Not like the old one..

By on Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive, safety features, great capability"

Cons: "Little Storage, Plastic scratches easy, gas milage"

"I own a 2000 Land Cruiser with 280,000, which I purchased new in '99 and still have, and the 2011 Toyota has downgraded the interior with a steeper price tag. Interior has plastic pieces that scratch very easily, door handles especially. The third row is no longer removable causing there to be less cargo space. My LC is very gently handled and never used armor all on the interior and almost every seat has a crack. Interior has very little storage space due to the cool box. It is a great feature, just lacks storage space. I love the Toyota Land Cruiser for its off-road capabilities, handling, safety features and looks. I would like to see the interior upgraded again and not skimping on what I can only assume to be leatherette. If I was not so in love with the Toyota LC and my 2000 then I would wait until they bring back some of the nicer features before purchasing again."