2011 Toyota Land Cruiser

Based on 29 Ratings for the 2008 - 2016 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next

Rock Solid

By on Sunday, August 08, 2010

"I have 47000 miles. Vehicle is used for work and is off-road often. I carry around 500lbs of equipment all the time. I wish it sat higher or had adjustable suspension height. Fuel mileage with the stock Michelins reached 21mpg hwy at 80mph. I lost 3 mpg with the Goodyear Wrangler SA. The Goodyear tires are better off road. Works well in the snow and mud. This is a very good vehicle. It has power to run at any speed in the mountains. Had driveline replaced for clunk at startup. Wish I had one for the wife. It is hard to drive other vehicles now. There are so many design secrets that most people will never appreciate or understand."

Not like the old one..

By on Wednesday, February 04, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive, safety features, great capability"

Cons: "Little Storage, Plastic scratches easy, gas milage"

"I own a 2000 Land Cruiser with 280,000, which I purchased new in '99 and still have, and the 2011 Toyota has downgraded the interior with a steeper price tag. Interior has plastic pieces that scratch very easily, door handles especially. The third row is no longer removable causing there to be less cargo space. My LC is very gently handled and never used armor all on the interior and almost every seat has a crack. Interior has very little storage space due to the cool box. It is a great feature, just lacks storage space. I love the Toyota Land Cruiser for its off-road capabilities, handling, safety features and looks. I would like to see the interior upgraded again and not skimping on what I can only assume to be leatherette. If I was not so in love with the Toyota LC and my 2000 then I would wait until they bring back some of the nicer features before purchasing again."

Own 2 of these (2015 and 2011).

By on Monday, September 07, 2015

Pros: "Tough,Reliable,Safe,Capable,Luxury,not Pretentious"

Cons: "More options than I really want/need."

"These are the best vehicles I've ever owned. The 2011 has over 100k miles, and is like new. I've never had any mechanical, electronic, or other malfunction from a Land Cruiser. They're extremely reliable, safe, luxurious, and capable on or off road. Liked the LX 570, but Land Cruiser suspension is better, and 20 inch wheels on the Lexus are inferior to the Toyota's 18's off-road. Lexus has better seats, and rear entertainment in Lexus doesn't block rearward view like Toyota. The Toyota has more available accessories (bull bars, etc.). The Toyota is a better fit for me."

Quality vehicle, lacking some interior refinement

By on Wednesday, December 21, 2011

"Was carried away with this when I test drove. Ride is excellent and power is fantastic. Very quiet and has performed exceptionally well in snow and light 4 wheeling. I feel the family is very safe. Has a few quirks, tranny is a bit jerky coming out of 1st, interior refinement could be better. Gas mileage is offensive. OVerall though we are pleased."

By on Monday, September 22, 2008

The most solid production vehicle on the planet.

By on Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Pros: "Build quality, power, comfort"

Cons: "The wheelbase is a little short for towing heavy."

"I believe this is the best engineered, best built car you can get. For example, the UN buys 1,000 of these a month for use in the most inhospitable environments on earth. Highway driving is virtually flawless, and off-road they are the stuff of legend. If you want to go anywhere--really, anywhere!--with confidence, safety and luxury, pick a Land Cruiser."

Best Toyota available just expensive

By on Saturday, November 29, 2008

"Have had this for a year now and can safely say it is a very solid, powerful and comfortable vehicle. Anyone buying this for the gas mileage won't be happy but what do you expect for having 381hp and 400ftlb torque. I'm still blown away by it's solid build (all in Japan btw). Have always owned Toyota's and wanted the best for my family."

For the family who seeks lots of adventures.

By on Saturday, March 12, 2011

"Good seating capacity, decent towing capacity, and has three great features; its towing capacity, off road performance and the Crawl Control."

Dependable, well designed and engineered.

By on Saturday, March 28, 2015

"Recommend that seats be designed to be removed so that more room is available to carry goods."

Excellent vehicle!

By on Thursday, January 22, 2015

Pros: "Love the hefty and secure feel on the road."

Cons: "Rear jump seats not convenient or comfortable."

"Great ride and drive.Gets good gas mileage as long as you do not put your foot on the floor. Only complaint is about the convenience of the rear two jump seats. They are not comfortable or convenient. Also, not easy to remove. I feel very secure and safe when driving. It has been superbly dependable for our family."

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next