2011 Toyota Land Cruiser

Based on 33 Ratings for the 2008 - 2016 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

Best Vehicle I Have Ever Owned

By on Saturday, September 11, 2010

"About 6 months ago I got fed up and traded in my 08 Cadillac Escalade for the Land Cruiser as I was tired of the "little" problems that I kept having with the Cadillac. WOW the Land Cruiser doesn't disappoint, the interior fit and finish is light years better then the Escalades, I have yet to have any problem with the LC, whereas the Escalade was back to the dealer in the first 6 months several times from tire pressure sensors going out to broken door handles. The LC is EXPENSIVE, but after driving one, I wouldn't own anything other the a LC again."

Excellent dependable car

By on Monday, January 16, 2012

Pros: "One ogf the best cars I ever owned in my 54 yrs"

Cons: "Price and gas mileage"

"The ride is superb, very dependable, towing capacity is amazing, the inside is vey roomy. Is not very good in gas mileage but not bad compared to other big SUVs."

Go anywhere, really, go anywhere!

By on Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Pros: "Go anywhere, with 8 people, in comfort and style."

Cons: "Fill up often along the way."

On the Trail in the mountains - 1,200 miles from home.

"I have owned this truck for 3 years now and almost 80,000 care free miles. I call it a truck, not an SUV. Trucks are tough. Trucks can tow heavy loads safely. Trucks can be lifted (mine is, lifted 3") and run 33" tires and have 13" of clearance under the rear axel casing. Trucks have real four wheel drive systems. Trucks can have winches (mine does, thanks to the Austrian Outback). My point is, there are not many vehicles left in the world that can go from the highway to some of the roughest jeep trails in Colorado, hauling 8 people and doing it with comfort and quite. The Land Cruiser is truly remarkable because of it's versatility, on road and off. It looks big, but it's really not. Only 1.5" wider than a Jeep. Only 12" longer than the 4 Runner. With a lift kit and replacement bumpers from ARB, the LC can out do Jeeps in rocks and shelfs. It has a unique articulation sway bar that allows the LC to reach down and keep contact with the ground at low speeds, but prevents excessive sway on the road. There are also many modification kits available. Not as many as Jeep or the FJ, but the ones that are available make taking long haul trips across America and explore it's back country roads more enjoyable and safe. It's just too bad Toyota does not sell the Diesel version in the US. The gas milage is terrible."

On the Trail in the mountains - 1,200 miles from home.

By on Monday, July 6, 2009

Solid, dependable, and great offroad!

By on Monday, March 19, 2012

Pros: "Reliable, offroad capabilities, creature comforts"

Cons: "Expensive"

"If you're obsessed with brands and bling then the Land Cruiser isn't for you. Spending $70K on a Toyota will make some people wince but you get what you pay for with the latest Land Cruiser. Living in Arizona this vehicle provides great flexibility, towing capacity, ability to transport 7 people and lots of creature comforts (Nav, DVD, keyless entry, Bluetooth, EXCEPTIONAL air conditioning and climate control, refrigerator built into the center console, etc.). But the real treat for those who like to go places that other vehicles won't take them is the Land Cruiser's ability to navigate rough terrain, ascend hills and provide great suspension. Again, if you want to showoff then go with a Mercedes, BMW, Porsche or other SUV that will get stuck in the mud. If you want a killer SUV and you're adventurous, then look into the Toyota Land Cruiser and start planning your camping, skiing, and other outdoor adventures!"

And i'll buy it again!

By on Tuesday, November 23, 2010

"Just got my third LC in 19 years. drove one '91 for 8 years (still running great, now it's my kid's car), a '99 (sold by itself, did not even need to offer it to anyone) and a 2011. I looked around, did research on other brands and each and every one has had its major flaws, from the low profile rims on the Range Rover to the puny suspension on the Q7. This car is worth every cent, great engine, comfy, stylish, excellent torque, with the addition of some really handy gadgets and more spacious seating - having 2 sons over 6'4" tall was another concern, not with the Land Cruiser. I'm up to my third and full of excitement."

Good long distance traveler. Excellent off road.

By on Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Pros: "See Above"

"Have owned and really used 4wd all of my adult life.Toyota reliability tops all that I have owned and is confirmed by hundreds of thousands of CONSUMER REPORT mag customer reports. If you need non functional trashy bling get ESCALADE and wake up when you find no low range gearing installed, or buy RANGE ROVER products and learn what CONSUMER REPORT low reliability rating is all about. This goes for JEEP also. It is expensive to buy and fuel. You get what you pay for. As Harry Truman once said: IF YOU CANT STAND THE HEAT, GET OUT OF THE KITCHEN!"

Very Happy!

By on Monday, December 8, 2008

"Bought this vehicle to replace my 1997 GMC Suburban that had 207,000+ miles. Sad day when the old SUV was involved in a hit and run causing it to be destroyed...had planned on driving it for a lot longer. Considered a new Tahoe or Yukon but they seemed to be of lesser quality with more plastic and for the price of $50,000, I found that offensive. Researched extensively and decided upon the 2008 Landcruiser. Been driving it for 5 months and really enjoy it. Wished the body style was more like the previous model. Gas mileage is not as bad as I expected. Gets over 16 mpg on the highway. My old Suburban got 12. Ride is sweet. Second and third row seats fold down very easily. Love the seat warmers (front and second row) in the winter. Wish it had the seat coolers for the summer. Really appreciate the parking sensors on the FRONT and BACK bumpers! New Suburbans did not have this option. LOVE the navigation with bluetooth for the totally hands free driving. NO MORE looking for the phone to answer it. The call bumps the radio off until the call is over. VERY large and roomy interior. Air BAGS to the MAX. How many SUVs do you know that have an air bag for your knees? Told the dealer that I DID NOT want or need the XM radio. Hate to admit this, but I truly like listening to so many different stations and my 6 months of FREE XM is due to run out and I am going to sign up for a subscription. Too bad it is not less expensive. I am NOT an employee of XM and I was NOT paid to say that I GREATLY enjoy the XM radio. After Hurricane IKE this summer, I left town and could get updates on channel 247 on the aftermath. Earlier in the summer I took a vacation where there was NO TV and I could sit in the SUV and hear the weather updates for Hurricane Dolly! ALL of the pro baseball games play-by-play. A significant number of college games. Wish XM had ALL of the pro football games too. Don't listen to AM/FM radio much anymore. XM seems to keep me VERY satisfied. You won't believe the channels available. Negative: Had to replace the front windshield due to a rock hitting it and causing it to crack at that very moment. ALL windshields on ALL vehicles are made too thin these days and therefore crack easily. Dealership wanted $1500. to replace. After market product at a mom and pop shop got my business for $609. Cheaper but still an OUCH! I REALLY enjoy the Landcruiser and would buy it all over again!"

LOYAL to Land Cruiser

By on Friday, September 4, 2015

"This is my third! I tried other cars in-between but always come back. Sticker shock for a "non-glamorous" vehicle but then I never regret it. Very reliable and trouble free.Always drive them 100 000+ miles. Uses a lot of gas though. Only complaint is hatch back door reach and ease of third row seat placement, especially when I am in a dress.. But each model change has improved those."

Quiet, awesome acceleration for an SUV!

By on Thursday, June 19, 2014

Pros: "Get there in style - and likely the only one there"

Cons: "It doesn't "look" like an $85k vehicle LOL"

"This is the second Landcruiser I've ever owned, and likely won't be the last. It's heavy, but the power of the engine and the perfectly tuned suspension make it handle like a smaller and lighter vehicle. The ONLY thing I don't like about it is... Not enough upholders!!!!! My Toyota Tundra has them all over the place!! But, only 2 1/2 in here!! Also, the associated cargo bin is small, and no tray for easy access. I guess soccer mom's just don't need any clutter!"

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next