2009 Toyota Land Cruiser

8.3

Based on 23 Ratings for the 2008 - 2015 models.

Not like the old one..

By on Wednesday, February 04, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive, safety features, great capability"

Cons: "Little Storage, Plastic scratches easy, gas milage"

"I own a 2000 Land Cruiser with 280,000, which I purchased new in '99 and still have, and the 2011 Toyota has downgraded the interior with a steeper price tag. Interior has plastic pieces that scratch very easily, door handles especially. The third row is no longer removable causing there to be less cargo space. My LC is very gently handled and never used armor all on the interior and almost every seat has a crack. Interior has very little storage space due to the cool box. It is a great feature, just lacks storage space. I love the Toyota Land Cruiser for its off-road capabilities, handling, safety features and looks. I would like to see the interior upgraded again and not skimping on what I can only assume to be leatherette. If I was not so in love with the Toyota LC and my 2000 then I would wait until they bring back some of the nicer features before purchasing again."

Excellent vehicle!

By on Thursday, January 22, 2015

Pros: "Love the hefty and secure feel on the road."

Cons: "Rear jump seats not convenient or comfortable."

"Great ride and drive.Gets good gas mileage as long as you do not put your foot on the floor. Only complaint is about the convenience of the rear two jump seats. They are not comfortable or convenient. Also, not easy to remove. I feel very secure and safe when driving. It has been superbly dependable for our family."

Overall Best SUV out there, its a Legend !!!

By on Thursday, November 27, 2014

Pros: "Good space for 7-8 people, fun to drive"

Cons: "City driving 13-14 miles/gal"

"Superb power and gives you a good sense of safety and confidence it'll take you anywhere you want to go…. Average 13-14 city and was able to average 19-20 miles/gallon driving from NY to Chicago and NY to Toronto. Awesome power will not leave you hanging , great passing power an smooth ride. Very quiet , low maintenance cost. Will keep this car forever"

Quiet, awesome acceleration for an SUV!

By on Thursday, June 19, 2014

Pros: "Get there in style - and likely the only one there"

Cons: "It doesn't "look" like an $85k vehicle LOL"

"This is the second Landcruiser I've ever owned, and likely won't be the last. It's heavy, but the power of the engine and the perfectly tuned suspension make it handle like a smaller and lighter vehicle. The ONLY thing I don't like about it is... Not enough upholders!!!!! My Toyota Tundra has them all over the place!! But, only 2 1/2 in here!! Also, the associated cargo bin is small, and no tray for easy access. I guess soccer mom's just don't need any clutter!"

Good long distance traveler. Excellent off road.

By on Tuesday, June 03, 2014

Pros: "See Above"

"Have owned and really used 4wd all of my adult life.Toyota reliability tops all that I have owned and is confirmed by hundreds of thousands of CONSUMER REPORT mag customer reports. If you need non functional trashy bling get ESCALADE and wake up when you find no low range gearing installed, or buy RANGE ROVER products and learn what CONSUMER REPORT low reliability rating is all about. This goes for JEEP also. It is expensive to buy and fuel. You get what you pay for. As Harry Truman once said: IF YOU CANT STAND THE HEAT, GET OUT OF THE KITCHEN!"

The most solid production vehicle on the planet.

By on Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Pros: "Build quality, power, comfort"

Cons: "The wheelbase is a little short for towing heavy."

"I believe this is the best engineered, best built car you can get. For example, the UN buys 1,000 of these a month for use in the most inhospitable environments on earth. Highway driving is virtually flawless, and off-road they are the stuff of legend. If you want to go anywhere--really, anywhere!--with confidence, safety and luxury, pick a Land Cruiser."

Go anywhere, really, go anywhere!

By on Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Pros: "Go anywhere, with 8 people, in comfort and style."

Cons: "Fill up often along the way."

On the Trail in the mountains - 1,200 miles from home.

"I have owned this truck for 3 years now and almost 80,000 care free miles. I call it a truck, not an SUV. Trucks are tough. Trucks can tow heavy loads safely. Trucks can be lifted (mine is, lifted 3") and run 33" tires and have 13" of clearance under the rear axel casing. Trucks have real four wheel drive systems. Trucks can have winches (mine does, thanks to the Austrian Outback). My point is, there are not many vehicles left in the world that can go from the highway to some of the roughest jeep trails in Colorado, hauling 8 people and doing it with comfort and quite. The Land Cruiser is truly remarkable because of it's versatility, on road and off. It looks big, but it's really not. Only 1.5" wider than a Jeep. Only 12" longer than the 4 Runner. With a lift kit and replacement bumpers from ARB, the LC can out do Jeeps in rocks and shelfs. It has a unique articulation sway bar that allows the LC to reach down and keep contact with the ground at low speeds, but prevents excessive sway on the road. There are also many modification kits available. Not as many as Jeep or the FJ, but the ones that are available make taking long haul trips across America and explore it's back country roads more enjoyable and safe. It's just too bad Toyota does not sell the Diesel version in the US. The gas milage is terrible."

On the Trail in the mountains - 1,200 miles from home.

Solid, dependable, and great offroad!

By on Monday, March 19, 2012

Pros: "Reliable, offroad capabilities, creature comforts"

Cons: "Expensive"

"If you're obsessed with brands and bling then the Land Cruiser isn't for you. Spending $70K on a Toyota will make some people wince but you get what you pay for with the latest Land Cruiser. Living in Arizona this vehicle provides great flexibility, towing capacity, ability to transport 7 people and lots of creature comforts (Nav, DVD, keyless entry, Bluetooth, EXCEPTIONAL air conditioning and climate control, refrigerator built into the center console, etc.). But the real treat for those who like to go places that other vehicles won't take them is the Land Cruiser's ability to navigate rough terrain, ascend hills and provide great suspension. Again, if you want to showoff then go with a Mercedes, BMW, Porsche or other SUV that will get stuck in the mud. If you want a killer SUV and you're adventurous, then look into the Toyota Land Cruiser and start planning your camping, skiing, and other outdoor adventures!"

Excellent dependable car

By on Monday, January 16, 2012

Pros: "One ogf the best cars I ever owned in my 54 yrs"

Cons: "Price and gas mileage"

"The ride is superb, very dependable, towing capacity is amazing, the inside is vey roomy. Is not very good in gas mileage but not bad compared to other big SUVs."

Quality vehicle, lacking some interior refinement

By on Wednesday, December 21, 2011

"Was carried away with this when I test drove. Ride is excellent and power is fantastic. Very quiet and has performed exceptionally well in snow and light 4 wheeling. I feel the family is very safe. Has a few quirks, tranny is a bit jerky coming out of 1st, interior refinement could be better. Gas mileage is offensive. OVerall though we are pleased."