2009 Toyota Land Cruiser

8.3

Based on 23 Ratings for the 2008 - 2015 models.

Not like the old one..

By on Wednesday, February 04, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive, safety features, great capability"

Cons: "Little Storage, Plastic scratches easy, gas milage"

"I own a 2000 Land Cruiser with 280,000, which I purchased new in '99 and still have, and the 2011 Toyota has downgraded the interior with a steeper price tag. Interior has plastic pieces that scratch very easily, door handles especially. The third row is no longer removable causing there to be less cargo space. My LC is very gently handled and never used armor all on the interior and almost every seat has a crack. Interior has very little storage space due to the cool box. It is a great feature, just lacks storage space. I love the Toyota Land Cruiser for its off-road capabilities, handling, safety features and looks. I would like to see the interior upgraded again and not skimping on what I can only assume to be leatherette. If I was not so in love with the Toyota LC and my 2000 then I would wait until they bring back some of the nicer features before purchasing again."

Excellent vehicle!

By on Thursday, January 22, 2015

Pros: "Love the hefty and secure feel on the road."

Cons: "Rear jump seats not convenient or comfortable."

"Great ride and drive.Gets good gas mileage as long as you do not put your foot on the floor. Only complaint is about the convenience of the rear two jump seats. They are not comfortable or convenient. Also, not easy to remove. I feel very secure and safe when driving. It has been superbly dependable for our family."

Overall Best SUV out there, its a Legend !!!

By on Thursday, November 27, 2014

Pros: "Good space for 7-8 people, fun to drive"

Cons: "City driving 13-14 miles/gal"

"Superb power and gives you a good sense of safety and confidence it'll take you anywhere you want to go…. Average 13-14 city and was able to average 19-20 miles/gallon driving from NY to Chicago and NY to Toronto. Awesome power will not leave you hanging , great passing power an smooth ride. Very quiet , low maintenance cost. Will keep this car forever"

Quiet, awesome acceleration for an SUV!

By on Thursday, June 19, 2014

Pros: "Get there in style - and likely the only one there"

Cons: "It doesn't "look" like an $85k vehicle LOL"

"This is the second Landcruiser I've ever owned, and likely won't be the last. It's heavy, but the power of the engine and the perfectly tuned suspension make it handle like a smaller and lighter vehicle. The ONLY thing I don't like about it is... Not enough upholders!!!!! My Toyota Tundra has them all over the place!! But, only 2 1/2 in here!! Also, the associated cargo bin is small, and no tray for easy access. I guess soccer mom's just don't need any clutter!"

Good long distance traveler. Excellent off road.

By on Tuesday, June 03, 2014

Pros: "See Above"

"Have owned and really used 4wd all of my adult life.Toyota reliability tops all that I have owned and is confirmed by hundreds of thousands of CONSUMER REPORT mag customer reports. If you need non functional trashy bling get ESCALADE and wake up when you find no low range gearing installed, or buy RANGE ROVER products and learn what CONSUMER REPORT low reliability rating is all about. This goes for JEEP also. It is expensive to buy and fuel. You get what you pay for. As Harry Truman once said: IF YOU CANT STAND THE HEAT, GET OUT OF THE KITCHEN!"