2008 Toyota Land Cruiser

Based on 29 Ratings for the 2008 - 2016 models.

Not like the old one..

By on Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive, safety features, great capability"

Cons: "Little Storage, Plastic scratches easy, gas milage"

"I own a 2000 Land Cruiser with 280,000, which I purchased new in '99 and still have, and the 2011 Toyota has downgraded the interior with a steeper price tag. Interior has plastic pieces that scratch very easily, door handles especially. The third row is no longer removable causing there to be less cargo space. My LC is very gently handled and never used armor all on the interior and almost every seat has a crack. Interior has very little storage space due to the cool box. It is a great feature, just lacks storage space. I love the Toyota Land Cruiser for its off-road capabilities, handling, safety features and looks. I would like to see the interior upgraded again and not skimping on what I can only assume to be leatherette. If I was not so in love with the Toyota LC and my 2000 then I would wait until they bring back some of the nicer features before purchasing again."

Own 2 of these (2015 and 2011).

By on Monday, September 7, 2015

Pros: "Tough,Reliable,Safe,Capable,Luxury,not Pretentious"

Cons: "More options than I really want/need."

"These are the best vehicles I've ever owned. The 2011 has over 100k miles, and is like new. I've never had any mechanical, electronic, or other malfunction from a Land Cruiser. They're extremely reliable, safe, luxurious, and capable on or off road. Liked the LX 570, but Land Cruiser suspension is better, and 20 inch wheels on the Lexus are inferior to the Toyota's 18's off-road. Lexus has better seats, and rear entertainment in Lexus doesn't block rearward view like Toyota. The Toyota has more available accessories (bull bars, etc.). The Toyota is a better fit for me."

Best 4WD in the world. Period.

By on Saturday, November 14, 2015

Pros: "Super durable, reliable, and fun to drive."

Cons: "Costs a lot. You get what you pay for."

"I have owned sixteen 4WD vehicles over the years including Land Rover, Range Rover, Jeep, GMC Trucks. I have owned Land Rover Defender, Land Rover Discovery, Land Rover Range Rover. This is my 7th Land Cruiser and is the best ever. It drives like a limo and at the same time handles like a sports car, has super creature comforts and every whistle and bell you could ask for. I still own an old vintage (1982) Land Cruiser (FJ 40). It has 150,000 miles and runs like a top. This new one is light years ahead of the old one. I know they ain't cheap, but if you want a tough, reliable, capable, and comfortable 4WD get a Land Cruiser. I read that Land Cruiser is the NATO vehicle of choice...no wonder."

Quality vehicle, lacking some interior refinement

By on Wednesday, December 21, 2011

"Was carried away with this when I test drove. Ride is excellent and power is fantastic. Very quiet and has performed exceptionally well in snow and light 4 wheeling. I feel the family is very safe. Has a few quirks, tranny is a bit jerky coming out of 1st, interior refinement could be better. Gas mileage is offensive. OVerall though we are pleased."

By on Saturday, December 13, 2008