2008 Toyota Land Cruiser

Based on 29 Ratings for the 2008 - 2016 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next

Nothing else quite like it, highly recommended

By on Saturday, October 17, 2015

Pros: "Classic looks, bulletproof, ridiculous resale"

Cons: "manual tailgate, awkward 3rd row seating"

"I bought this about a year ago as our family car replacing a Sienna minivan. Yes it is pricey but you honestly get what you pay for. No crossover looking swooping curves here. IMO the LC has classic rugged looks that should still look good 15 years from now. It flies under the radar of most which I like. There are so many subtle details that most will never notice. Take a look at the undercarriage on the LC and then compare against Escalade or Denali. No loose hanging hoses or small axles here. This truck is beefy everywhere it counts and is built to last as long as you want it to keep it. Compare the TCO including service cost against those SUV's or a MB GL450 or 550 with depreciation over a 5 year term. The LC has strong value. With Toyota the first 2 years of service are free, and even after 2 years oil changes cost the same as a Corolla. I get a solid 15mpg in mixed driving on regular fuel. Many competitors require premium fuel and get similar mileage. Visibility is excellent sitting up tall with commanding view from the drivers seat. The engine and tranny combo are smooth as silk. Torque everywhere and no turbo hesitation or turbos to worry about breaking in the future. The service dealer mentioned they have folks bringing them in with over 300K+ on the clock. I don't know if I'll have it that long but at least I know the resale value on it is amongst the highest of any vehicle made today. I'm not sure what I would replace it with. It's a keeper. Sounds dramatic but if the end of the world is coming this is the vehicle I want to be heading down the highway in."

Quiet, awesome acceleration for an SUV!

By on Thursday, June 19, 2014

Pros: "Get there in style - and likely the only one there"

Cons: "It doesn't "look" like an $85k vehicle LOL"

"This is the second Landcruiser I've ever owned, and likely won't be the last. It's heavy, but the power of the engine and the perfectly tuned suspension make it handle like a smaller and lighter vehicle. The ONLY thing I don't like about it is... Not enough upholders!!!!! My Toyota Tundra has them all over the place!! But, only 2 1/2 in here!! Also, the associated cargo bin is small, and no tray for easy access. I guess soccer mom's just don't need any clutter!"

Not like the old one..

By on Wednesday, February 04, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive, safety features, great capability"

Cons: "Little Storage, Plastic scratches easy, gas milage"

"I own a 2000 Land Cruiser with 280,000, which I purchased new in '99 and still have, and the 2011 Toyota has downgraded the interior with a steeper price tag. Interior has plastic pieces that scratch very easily, door handles especially. The third row is no longer removable causing there to be less cargo space. My LC is very gently handled and never used armor all on the interior and almost every seat has a crack. Interior has very little storage space due to the cool box. It is a great feature, just lacks storage space. I love the Toyota Land Cruiser for its off-road capabilities, handling, safety features and looks. I would like to see the interior upgraded again and not skimping on what I can only assume to be leatherette. If I was not so in love with the Toyota LC and my 2000 then I would wait until they bring back some of the nicer features before purchasing again."

Quality vehicle, lacking some interior refinement

By on Wednesday, December 21, 2011

"Was carried away with this when I test drove. Ride is excellent and power is fantastic. Very quiet and has performed exceptionally well in snow and light 4 wheeling. I feel the family is very safe. Has a few quirks, tranny is a bit jerky coming out of 1st, interior refinement could be better. Gas mileage is offensive. OVerall though we are pleased."

Fouth Land Cruiser in 20 years.

By on Monday, October 19, 2015

Pros: "Power,Comfort, Control, Family Freindly, Relyabily"

Cons: "5.7 Litre is thirsy, 3rd row windows don't open."

Blue 60th Land Cruiser with Rock Warrior Wheels

"From the 100 to the 200 there are a couple features the boys from Toyota missed with the back windows not opening and back door hatch warning system misfiring. Other than that, this is the best LC so far! If you are hitting the road, Trail, Snow, Mud or Sand with your family and or friends this is he vehicle you want. Purchased the 60th Anniversary edition here in Colorado in Blue with Grey, Crawl Control, 4WL, Lockers, Traction ECT.... Oil changes and tire rotations is the game here folks! If you want to spend more time adventuring and less time in the shop this is the one. Funny story, I picked my 2011 LC up on a lease return with 42K miles the same week a buddy bought a 2015 Land Rover. I paid a clean $45K less than the Rover for my beauty and his is in the shop almost every month with electrical, Wheel/Tire, NAV issues. He was hit in a parking garage on the rear panel and had to wait 3months for a certified tech not to void his new car warranty. He was told there are only a couple in the entire state and they were al backed up. He is now looking for a used LC for the ski season. Tried to take a couple sleds behind his Rover over Berthoud Pass and ended up needing more body work from a snow bank. I've pulled many trailer full of wood with my LC on snowpack over the same pass without as much as a hiccup! Great mountain vehicle!"

Blue 60th Land Cruiser with Rock Warrior Wheels

By on Monday, September 22, 2008

The most solid production vehicle on the planet.

By on Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Pros: "Build quality, power, comfort"

Cons: "The wheelbase is a little short for towing heavy."

"I believe this is the best engineered, best built car you can get. For example, the UN buys 1,000 of these a month for use in the most inhospitable environments on earth. Highway driving is virtually flawless, and off-road they are the stuff of legend. If you want to go anywhere--really, anywhere!--with confidence, safety and luxury, pick a Land Cruiser."

Best Toyota available just expensive

By on Saturday, November 29, 2008

"Have had this for a year now and can safely say it is a very solid, powerful and comfortable vehicle. Anyone buying this for the gas mileage won't be happy but what do you expect for having 381hp and 400ftlb torque. I'm still blown away by it's solid build (all in Japan btw). Have always owned Toyota's and wanted the best for my family."

For the family who seeks lots of adventures.

By on Saturday, March 12, 2011

"Good seating capacity, decent towing capacity, and has three great features; its towing capacity, off road performance and the Crawl Control."

Own 2 of these (2015 and 2011).

By on Monday, September 07, 2015

Pros: "Tough,Reliable,Safe,Capable,Luxury,not Pretentious"

Cons: "More options than I really want/need."

"These are the best vehicles I've ever owned. The 2011 has over 100k miles, and is like new. I've never had any mechanical, electronic, or other malfunction from a Land Cruiser. They're extremely reliable, safe, luxurious, and capable on or off road. Liked the LX 570, but Land Cruiser suspension is better, and 20 inch wheels on the Lexus are inferior to the Toyota's 18's off-road. Lexus has better seats, and rear entertainment in Lexus doesn't block rearward view like Toyota. The Toyota has more available accessories (bull bars, etc.). The Toyota is a better fit for me."

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next