2008 Toyota Land Cruiser

Based on 33 Ratings for the 2008 - 2017 models.

600K miles in LCs, no regrets

By on Sunday, August 21, 2016

Pros: "Value and reliability"

Cons: "Fill 'er up!"

"Yes it's expensive. But with a little care, these things last forever. Recently bought my 3rd LC...the 2016...which still continues to impress. Our 1999 went to my son after 10 yrs and 300K miles. He just sold it for 6K with 405K miles. (AC went out this summer...only real problem other than wear and tear). We then sold him our 2009 with 220K miles...runs like new. He swears he will get this one to 500K miles. Our new 2016 promises the same performance and reliability. Great car for kids and travel, with the boat! Secure, stable snowy winter travel. Great ride for cross country travel. If you can tolerate the same car for 10+ years, it's a great value. But if not, resale value is great. The downside? Will suck gas in the city. 20mi/gal range w highway driving."

My BERTHA is a BEAST, undeniable

By on Sunday, July 31, 2016

Pros: "durable"

Cons: "no complaints"

"own a 2003 LC with now 280,000 miles. Let me just say after 13 years I have put her in the worst conditions. Absolutely horrible at maintaining vehicles, in frequent oil changes, no oil, no service history. Every single dash light has been on for the last 100k and she still drives like a dream. Don't worry about being expensive to drive, no truck note the last 7 years laughing at the other moms with their "luxury" vehicles wasting $$ fixing and trading in. It was cheaper to maintain than my ex husband and has lasted longer. Two "minor" car accidents only left a scratch on the LC, the other vehicles left on a stretcher."

Best Vehicle I Have Ever Owned

By on Saturday, September 11, 2010

"About 6 months ago I got fed up and traded in my 08 Cadillac Escalade for the Land Cruiser as I was tired of the "little" problems that I kept having with the Cadillac. WOW the Land Cruiser doesn't disappoint, the interior fit and finish is light years better then the Escalades, I have yet to have any problem with the LC, whereas the Escalade was back to the dealer in the first 6 months several times from tire pressure sensors going out to broken door handles. The LC is EXPENSIVE, but after driving one, I wouldn't own anything other the a LC again."

Excellent dependable car

By on Monday, January 16, 2012

Pros: "One ogf the best cars I ever owned in my 54 yrs"

Cons: "Price and gas mileage"

"The ride is superb, very dependable, towing capacity is amazing, the inside is vey roomy. Is not very good in gas mileage but not bad compared to other big SUVs."

Go anywhere, really, go anywhere!

By on Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Pros: "Go anywhere, with 8 people, in comfort and style."

Cons: "Fill up often along the way."

On the Trail in the mountains - 1,200 miles from home.

"I have owned this truck for 3 years now and almost 80,000 care free miles. I call it a truck, not an SUV. Trucks are tough. Trucks can tow heavy loads safely. Trucks can be lifted (mine is, lifted 3") and run 33" tires and have 13" of clearance under the rear axel casing. Trucks have real four wheel drive systems. Trucks can have winches (mine does, thanks to the Austrian Outback). My point is, there are not many vehicles left in the world that can go from the highway to some of the roughest jeep trails in Colorado, hauling 8 people and doing it with comfort and quite. The Land Cruiser is truly remarkable because of it's versatility, on road and off. It looks big, but it's really not. Only 1.5" wider than a Jeep. Only 12" longer than the 4 Runner. With a lift kit and replacement bumpers from ARB, the LC can out do Jeeps in rocks and shelfs. It has a unique articulation sway bar that allows the LC to reach down and keep contact with the ground at low speeds, but prevents excessive sway on the road. There are also many modification kits available. Not as many as Jeep or the FJ, but the ones that are available make taking long haul trips across America and explore it's back country roads more enjoyable and safe. It's just too bad Toyota does not sell the Diesel version in the US. The gas milage is terrible."

On the Trail in the mountains - 1,200 miles from home.