2007 Toyota Land Cruiser

9.6

Based on 185 Ratings for the 1998 - 2007 models.

9.8/10
    9.8/10
    9.7/10

I LOVE THIS VEHICLE!!!

By on Friday, May 03, 2013

Pros: "BUILD QUALITY, ERGONOMICS, ON AND OFF ROAD MANNERS"

Cons: "NONE"

"I HAVE OWNED 3 JEEP RUBICONS FROM DIFFERENT YEARS 08-11 AND 2 TOYOTA FJ'S 10-11 FOR THE OFFROAD MANNERS AND UTILITARIAN ASPECT OF HAULING MY LITTLE ONE AROUND AND HIS GEAR. I HAD THE OPPORTUNITY TO PURCHASE A PRISTINE 2006 LANDCRUISER FROM A FRIEND THAT HAD BEEN PAMPERED AND SERVICED. THIS LANDCRUISER IS ONE OF THOSE THAT HAS ME ASKING MYSELF WHY DIDNT I BUY ONE OF THESE YEARS AGO? THE ON ROAD MANNERS ARE SPECTACULAR AND OFFROAD IS VERY CAPABLE AS I TOOK IT TO HOLLISTER HILLS IN CA. LAST WEEK NEAR MY HOME JUST TO CHECK OUT THE DIFF LOCK AND ARTICULATION OF THE AHC SUSPENSION. THIS HAS EXCEEDED MY EXPECTATIONS AND CAN NOW UNDERSTAND THE $70K NEW PRICEPOINT WHEN LOADED UP. IF YOU CAN FIND A WELL TAKEN CARE OF ONE, BUY IT! MINE HAD 117,000 MILES ON IT WHEN I BOUGHT LAST MONTH AND THE MILES DIDNT SCARE ME THE SLIGHTEST ON THIS RIG."

Best reliable SUV for the value

By on Saturday, April 13, 2013

Pros: "everything....many would not know it is 14 yrs old"

Cons: "gas mileage but I bought it on that knowledge"

"I bought this 1999 Landcruiser new and now have 315,000 miles. Despite the brake rotors were not designed to handle the weight, I have really appreciated the quality of this machine. 1. original battery lasted 7 years 2. Mitchelon tires last 70-80k 3. still has original transmission, shocks, muffler 4. all instrumentation ( radio )and power windows continues to work 5. gas mileage continues and consistently at 16-17 highway and 14-15 local which is what it was advertised"

Best LC value

By on Friday, December 07, 2012

Pros: "Durablle, reliable, powerful, quiet, smooth, safe."

Cons: "Low gas mileage"

"Just had a compression check of the V8. With 230K mi's it is as-new condition. yep, mileage ain't great, but we bought this beast to last, and to ensure passage in the high country, in the winter, in the snow. We have towed a 23' Sea Ray (heavy boat) all over the state, we have pulled a 4-wh dr pickup when it got stuck going up a steep, icy road while itself towing a flat bed loaded with 3 snow mobiles - you should have seen the pick-up dudes face when we did that! We did a 180 on black ice, plowed into a snow bank, and drove out of the ditch, unscathed. While stopped at a red-light, we had a teenager going about 25 mph hit us from behin in his Dad's new Taurus. It totaled the Taurus, only put one (1) dent in the stock LC rear bumper. The ride is still real quiet, and has less engine noise than our 07 Audi A6. Almost no non-routine maintenance in the 11 years we've owned it. Original Paint in excellent condition. All internals (radio, AC, etc) in perfect cond'n. The guy at the Toyota shp said it should be good to go for at leas another 100k mi......and that was 100k mi ago! After lots of time in rough country oversea, I can tell you most contractors will ONLY buy this vehicle. ......What a beast..."

super and capable

By on Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Pros: "superv capable SUV"

Cons: "gas mileage"

"we have own three of these in the past 3 years, nothing wrong with the other two that we got rid off. only complaint is low gas mileage. I would say maybe 14 city- 16 hwy? is a very capable SUV and nothing will stand on it's way, no snow,rain,sand nor mud, would stop this baby. it also has a lockable rear and or front differentials. is very comfortable and nimble. not a sports car, but very capable and comfortable for long rides,you can't hardly feel the road, it's very comfortable. The wind noise is reasonable, it can accomodate up to eight passengers and very little area for luggage with 8 passengers. that is why it has a roof rack though and or you can use your tow package to put a rack and you will not see the difference. I believe if it would have a little bit bigger motor mileage would be better because the passing gear would not engage as often on hilly roads. no problems at all mechanically speaking, only oil changes, tire rotations and timing belt when required. other than that superb vehicle. we love it, want to trade it for the lexus cousin more bells and whistles."

Awesome. Comfortable, capable

By on Monday, April 02, 2012

Pros: "Space, rugged and luxurious at the same time."

Cons: "13 city and 16 highway mileage at best"

"This is my 4th Land Cruiser and they keep getting better. I learned early on that it's not necessary to but a late model low mileage one to get a good one. They last and last and last. Toyota has done a great job building a high quality SUV that can tackle off road terrain as easily as a trip to the mall. Mine is 13 years old and still runs like the day I got it."

Incredible Vehicle

By on Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Pros: "Anything that you could think of."

"People buy cars like Range Rovers, Land Rovers, BMW X5s, etc for the image but this car will drive better, last longer, and be much more reliable than any of those models."

a really good premium priced car

By on Friday, February 10, 2012

Pros: "great car"

Cons: "expensive"

"I have owned this car since early 2003 . I have had no problems. It is even with 12500 mile s very reliable car. If I could afford it I would without hesitation buy a new one."

Best truck on the road

By on Sunday, January 29, 2012

Pros: "Just a great car, the best SUV on the road"

Cons: "Gas mileage and pricey"

"5/5"

I love this car

By on Monday, January 16, 2012

Pros: "reliable, safe, comfortable, goes anywhere"

Cons: "gas guzzler, expensive"

"over 200,000 miles and I will probably get another 200,000 miles. Reliable, safe, comfortable, goes anywhere."

Most reliable vehicle ever, bulletproof.

By on Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Pros: "reliability"

Cons: "It's big."

"This truck will always get your family home, no matter what the conditions. I just do the scheduled maintenance and it keeps going."

cant go wrong

By on Thursday, January 05, 2012

"dependable, well designed systems"

The worlds greatest driving machine

By on Monday, January 02, 2012

Pros: "Rugged, elegant, reliable, quiet"

Cons: "Fuel economy"

"I owned a 2001 Lexus LX470 (Based on the Land Cruiser) for 6 years. My kids really beat the car, it spent several years parked outside, yet it just held tough and never complained. I regretted not taking better care of that car. Then a tree fell on it, and with a nice insurance check, we had to go car shopping. We started looking at mini-vans, and it was just depressing how they simply did not have the quality workmanship of the Lexus. We then started to look at mid-sized SUV's from Acura, Volvo, Toyota, Honda, and Lexus. My whole family couldn't help but feel cramped in these cars. We kept missing our Lexus. THEN we drove a Land Cruiser, and that was it. I actually liked it BETTER than the Lexus. The Lexus has an air suspension that you can raise or lower, and while that is a nice feature, I air shocks still do not give the comfort and manners of traditional shocks. Also, the 2003 version upgraded the 4-speed transmission with a 5-speed. The high-rpm of the 2001 Lexus on the highway was now replaced with a nice purr. We also got 17.6 mpg on the highway, which is not bad for a car that weighs almost 3 tons. Bottom line: The Land Cruiser is assembled in Japan and is Toyota's almost unlimited budget to create an ultimate SUV without compromise. Every since part of this car oozes quality and reliability. It is supremely engineered and is designed to take serious punishment. If you take good care of it, and don't beat on it, it will last almost forever. Just keep it clean, especially if you drive it on salted roads (use the under-body wash). Change the oil, do the service it needs. Garage it. It's quiet, and a great family car. You can talk at normal levels to people in the 3rd row. Go Toyota, and thank you for the world's greatest driving machine."

Rock solid drive train, chassis

By on Monday, January 02, 2012

Pros: "Pleasure to drive in all conditions"

Cons: "Gas mileage of 12-c/15-H on premium fuel"

"Very solid and secure driving experience in any weather. Comfortable and quiet. Fold away seats in second and third seating rows allow for flexibility in loading/unloading."

Problem free. Great family car. Goes anywhere.

By on Thursday, December 29, 2011

"Other than this vehicle being the "anti-Prius", it has been great. Always make it to the camp site. Excellent offroad and takes a beating without a whimper. It's a decent tow vehicle. Pulls 4500 lbs up a hill better at 65-70 mph than 55-60 mph. Best snow driver I have ever owned. Very predictable and easy to recover from a slide (No VSC in 1999)"

Best Vehicle

By on Monday, December 19, 2011

Pros: "Great Price, Great Ride, Smooth"

Cons: "Nothing, This car is remarkable"

"This is the most remarkable vehicle that anyone has ever made. I inherited this car from my mom, who bought it with in 1999 with 42 miles on it, and she put 103,000 miles and I have put the remaining 123,500 miles and it has never let me down. Other than oil changes, nails in the tires and one starter at 100,000 miles, I have never been stranded, never had anything go wrong with this car and have never felt uunsafe in this Land Cruiser. I would let my children or grandmother drive this car. The leather has held up remarkably and has little wear and tear on it. The Woodgrain has been replaced one time."

This is, by far, the best car that I have own!

By on Sunday, November 27, 2011

Pros: "durability, dependable, major problem-free for 12y"

Cons: "maint is pricey, but worth it!"

"It has held up under the constant wear and tear of FOUR boys, 3 huge dogs and many, many trips back and forth to sporting events and school."

Our 4th Land Cruiser and not our last

By on Monday, November 21, 2011

Pros: "Reliable, comfortable, great in the snow."

Cons: "Radio reception, cost of tires"

"These vehicles are incredible. It's got plenty of room for our family of 5, drives great - not like a truck - yet is great in the snow and has a great sense of safety and comfort. The 3rd row seat is actually usable with room left behind it for more storage for trips. I've towed a 21' trailer with it as well as other smaller things in tow and it handles it very well. Very reliable and durable. Once you own one you'll never want to switch to another SUV."

This is my third Land Cruiser.

By on Friday, November 11, 2011

Pros: "Everything"

"I love, love this SUV. I love the ride, comfort, just everything. I don't know of any SUV made in 2011-2012 that I would buy, other than the Land Cruiser. I guess I'll keep it another year."

Toyota Perfection

By on Saturday, November 05, 2011

Pros: "Reliable reliable reliable."

Cons: "Mileage, but knew that coming in."

"Bullet proof and amazing. Only "con" is that it's full time all wheel drive on a 3/4 ton chassis. Brings the mileage down, but I knew that coming in. I love this vehicle."

Does everything well, great ride, but thirsty

By on Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Pros: "Reliable, goes anywhere, great ride, versatile"

Cons: "Poor gas mileage"

"I purchased a Land Cruiser to replace a BMW 540"

Incredible long-term value holder

By on Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Pros: "Reliability, safety, foul weather performance"

Cons: "no speed demon, size, height in public garages"

"Just hit 250,000 miles on my 2002. Reliability is beyond believed possible. Nothing but routine maintenance. Truck feels as tight as new. Continually approached to sell vehicle. NOT happening."

best truck i ever owned

By on Monday, October 17, 2011

Pros: "drives like a dream at 183000 miles"

Cons: "back seats are a little of a pain in the"

"for real"

Best SUV Ever.

By on Thursday, October 13, 2011

Pros: "Great vehicle. Highly reliable."

Cons: "Not good on gas."

"I love this SUV. It is actually my second Land Cruiser. I also had a 2001 Land Cruiser. Both Land Cruisers were very, very reliable. Gas mileage isn't great, but after all it's a V8. I have not had a bit of trouble out of this vehicle. Through snow and inclement weather, I can always make it to work. It has never let me down. It starts without question. People have asked me to sell it. Not going to happen. You can't go wrong with this one. Well worth the money."

Love it!

By on Thursday, September 15, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "Too much gas uses"

"Great car, unfortunately use of gas is inconvenience at this time."

Multi-Terrain

By on Sunday, August 28, 2011

Pros: "Powerful Engine. Excellent AC (specially for Hot weathers). Comfortable, roomy"

"This is one awsome truck. with close to 14000 miles on it, the darn thing keeps running. All I've done is regular maintenance: brakes, tires, batter, and regular oil change. After almost 10 years the engine is still powerful and runs smoothly. From the sand dunes of the Emirates to the flood striken waters of hurricane IKE this car has performed marvelously. Imagine this: terrantual rain pouring, 8 people in my cruiser... flooding every where... other cars floating... but the Cruiser kept to it's pedigree and smoothly traversed the choppy waters to safely get my family home. Highly recommend!!!"