2006 Toyota Land Cruiser

9.6

Based on 176 Ratings for the 1998 - 2007 models.

9.8/10
    9.8/10
    9.7/10

What A Beast

By on Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Pros: "Durable, reliable and comfortable"

Cons: "Still looking"

"Been Great. Cruising all over the country again for family trips this Summer. Black in color, sharp with style, .... Only one out there I've seen in awhile. We are a rare breed my friends! Average gas mileage sits at 17.4 on Hwy. Recommend change of the carbs throttle body and pcv value, air filter and tire pressure helps with MPG. Keep up with scheduled maintenance, tire rotation (Michelin Latitude Tour HP) and oil changes every 5,000. Brakes every 2-3 years. Its expected, heavy vehicle and I brake hard and for deer, bear and goats when in high country."

I LOVE THIS VEHICLE!!!

By on Friday, May 03, 2013

Pros: "BUILD QUALITY, ERGONOMICS, ON AND OFF ROAD MANNERS"

Cons: "NONE"

"I HAVE OWNED 3 JEEP RUBICONS FROM DIFFERENT YEARS 08-11 AND 2 TOYOTA FJ'S 10-11 FOR THE OFFROAD MANNERS AND UTILITARIAN ASPECT OF HAULING MY LITTLE ONE AROUND AND HIS GEAR. I HAD THE OPPORTUNITY TO PURCHASE A PRISTINE 2006 LANDCRUISER FROM A FRIEND THAT HAD BEEN PAMPERED AND SERVICED. THIS LANDCRUISER IS ONE OF THOSE THAT HAS ME ASKING MYSELF WHY DIDNT I BUY ONE OF THESE YEARS AGO? THE ON ROAD MANNERS ARE SPECTACULAR AND OFFROAD IS VERY CAPABLE AS I TOOK IT TO HOLLISTER HILLS IN CA. LAST WEEK NEAR MY HOME JUST TO CHECK OUT THE DIFF LOCK AND ARTICULATION OF THE AHC SUSPENSION. THIS HAS EXCEEDED MY EXPECTATIONS AND CAN NOW UNDERSTAND THE $70K NEW PRICEPOINT WHEN LOADED UP. IF YOU CAN FIND A WELL TAKEN CARE OF ONE, BUY IT! MINE HAD 117,000 MILES ON IT WHEN I BOUGHT LAST MONTH AND THE MILES DIDNT SCARE ME THE SLIGHTEST ON THIS RIG."

Best reliable SUV for the value

By on Saturday, April 13, 2013

Pros: "everything....many would not know it is 14 yrs old"

Cons: "gas mileage but I bought it on that knowledge"

"I bought this 1999 Landcruiser new and now have 315,000 miles. Despite the brake rotors were not designed to handle the weight, I have really appreciated the quality of this machine. 1. original battery lasted 7 years 2. Mitchelon tires last 70-80k 3. still has original transmission, shocks, muffler 4. all instrumentation ( radio )and power windows continues to work 5. gas mileage continues and consistently at 16-17 highway and 14-15 local which is what it was advertised"

Best LC value

By on Friday, December 07, 2012

Pros: "Durablle, reliable, powerful, quiet, smooth, safe."

Cons: "Low gas mileage"

"Just had a compression check of the V8. With 230K mi's it is as-new condition. yep, mileage ain't great, but we bought this beast to last, and to ensure passage in the high country, in the winter, in the snow. We have towed a 23' Sea Ray (heavy boat) all over the state, we have pulled a 4-wh dr pickup when it got stuck going up a steep, icy road while itself towing a flat bed loaded with 3 snow mobiles - you should have seen the pick-up dudes face when we did that! We did a 180 on black ice, plowed into a snow bank, and drove out of the ditch, unscathed. While stopped at a red-light, we had a teenager going about 25 mph hit us from behin in his Dad's new Taurus. It totaled the Taurus, only put one (1) dent in the stock LC rear bumper. The ride is still real quiet, and has less engine noise than our 07 Audi A6. Almost no non-routine maintenance in the 11 years we've owned it. Original Paint in excellent condition. All internals (radio, AC, etc) in perfect cond'n. The guy at the Toyota shp said it should be good to go for at leas another 100k mi......and that was 100k mi ago! After lots of time in rough country oversea, I can tell you most contractors will ONLY buy this vehicle. ......What a beast..."

super and capable

By on Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Pros: "superv capable SUV"

Cons: "gas mileage"

"we have own three of these in the past 3 years, nothing wrong with the other two that we got rid off. only complaint is low gas mileage. I would say maybe 14 city- 16 hwy? is a very capable SUV and nothing will stand on it's way, no snow,rain,sand nor mud, would stop this baby. it also has a lockable rear and or front differentials. is very comfortable and nimble. not a sports car, but very capable and comfortable for long rides,you can't hardly feel the road, it's very comfortable. The wind noise is reasonable, it can accomodate up to eight passengers and very little area for luggage with 8 passengers. that is why it has a roof rack though and or you can use your tow package to put a rack and you will not see the difference. I believe if it would have a little bit bigger motor mileage would be better because the passing gear would not engage as often on hilly roads. no problems at all mechanically speaking, only oil changes, tire rotations and timing belt when required. other than that superb vehicle. we love it, want to trade it for the lexus cousin more bells and whistles."

See if you qualify for