2005 Toyota Land Cruiser

9.6

Based on 194 Ratings for the 1998 - 2007 models.

9.8/10
    9.8/10
    9.7/10

Multi-Terrain

By on Sunday, August 28, 2011

Pros: "Powerful Engine. Excellent AC (specially for Hot weathers). Comfortable, roomy"

"This is one awsome truck. with close to 14000 miles on it, the darn thing keeps running. All I've done is regular maintenance: brakes, tires, batter, and regular oil change. After almost 10 years the engine is still powerful and runs smoothly. From the sand dunes of the Emirates to the flood striken waters of hurricane IKE this car has performed marvelously. Imagine this: terrantual rain pouring, 8 people in my cruiser... flooding every where... other cars floating... but the Cruiser kept to it's pedigree and smoothly traversed the choppy waters to safely get my family home. Highly recommend!!!"

TOUGH AND DEPENDABLE

By on Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Pros: "Smooth, quiet, great off road, dependable, tough!"

Cons: "Nothing will stop it except a gas station."

"I was on a highway doing about 65 mph. A truck in front of me had an engine block fall out of it and I had nowhere to go except right over top of it. It shot my cruiser over 1 foot into the air and all that it did is put a small hole in my oil pan. Alignment was still perfect. If I would have been in almost any other vehicle, It would be totaled. I love my cruiser!"

The worlds greatest driving machine

By on Monday, January 2, 2012

Pros: "Rugged, elegant, reliable, quiet"

Cons: "Fuel economy"

"I owned a 2001 Lexus LX470 (Based on the Land Cruiser) for 6 years. My kids really beat the car, it spent several years parked outside, yet it just held tough and never complained. I regretted not taking better care of that car. Then a tree fell on it, and with a nice insurance check, we had to go car shopping. We started looking at mini-vans, and it was just depressing how they simply did not have the quality workmanship of the Lexus. We then started to look at mid-sized SUV's from Acura, Volvo, Toyota, Honda, and Lexus. My whole family couldn't help but feel cramped in these cars. We kept missing our Lexus. THEN we drove a Land Cruiser, and that was it. I actually liked it BETTER than the Lexus. The Lexus has an air suspension that you can raise or lower, and while that is a nice feature, I air shocks still do not give the comfort and manners of traditional shocks. Also, the 2003 version upgraded the 4-speed transmission with a 5-speed. The high-rpm of the 2001 Lexus on the highway was now replaced with a nice purr. We also got 17.6 mpg on the highway, which is not bad for a car that weighs almost 3 tons. Bottom line: The Land Cruiser is assembled in Japan and is Toyota's almost unlimited budget to create an ultimate SUV without compromise. Every since part of this car oozes quality and reliability. It is supremely engineered and is designed to take serious punishment. If you take good care of it, and don't beat on it, it will last almost forever. Just keep it clean, especially if you drive it on salted roads (use the under-body wash). Change the oil, do the service it needs. Garage it. It's quiet, and a great family car. You can talk at normal levels to people in the 3rd row. Go Toyota, and thank you for the world's greatest driving machine."

LifeSaver

By on Monday, June 9, 2008

"I'm on my second LC. My 2002 was totaled in huge 21 car pileup and was hit by 2 different 18 wheelers in a bad sandstorm. I had only bruises and the heck scared out of me. The car saved my life. I bought a new 2004 and it has performed very well. I have 40,000 miles now and no trouble. Gas is the only issue but if I had been in lots of other cars I might not be here writing this."

Best car I have ever had...

By on Saturday, February 21, 2009

"Owned Porsches, Audis, Lexus, a Mazda, and American cars and liked this car so much our second car is now a FJ Cruiser. There is no better SUV or maybe even any kind of vehicle than the Land Cruiser. 130k miles and spent maybe $1500 on it outside of warranty and standard maintenance. Taken it off road over wide creeks, bad dirt roads, up mountains, into snowstorms, and backwoods campiing only to bring it home, wash it, and drive it to a nice restaruant valet parking. Absolutely the most amazing vehicle I have ever owned. And rides smooth as butter on or off the road. Full time 4 WD always gives you confidence and worth the below avergage gas mileage. No wonder the US car makers cannot compete!"

I'll always be in a LC

By on Wednesday, July 16, 2008

"I own two 2000 LCs and one 1991 LC. 63k, 144k and 240k. Worst repair so far on all three was a new power steering box on the 91. The best vehicles I've ever owned!"

I LOVE THIS VEHICLE!!!

By on Friday, May 3, 2013

Pros: "BUILD QUALITY, ERGONOMICS, ON AND OFF ROAD MANNERS"

Cons: "NONE"

"I HAVE OWNED 3 JEEP RUBICONS FROM DIFFERENT YEARS 08-11 AND 2 TOYOTA FJ'S 10-11 FOR THE OFFROAD MANNERS AND UTILITARIAN ASPECT OF HAULING MY LITTLE ONE AROUND AND HIS GEAR. I HAD THE OPPORTUNITY TO PURCHASE A PRISTINE 2006 LANDCRUISER FROM A FRIEND THAT HAD BEEN PAMPERED AND SERVICED. THIS LANDCRUISER IS ONE OF THOSE THAT HAS ME ASKING MYSELF WHY DIDNT I BUY ONE OF THESE YEARS AGO? THE ON ROAD MANNERS ARE SPECTACULAR AND OFFROAD IS VERY CAPABLE AS I TOOK IT TO HOLLISTER HILLS IN CA. LAST WEEK NEAR MY HOME JUST TO CHECK OUT THE DIFF LOCK AND ARTICULATION OF THE AHC SUSPENSION. THIS HAS EXCEEDED MY EXPECTATIONS AND CAN NOW UNDERSTAND THE $70K NEW PRICEPOINT WHEN LOADED UP. IF YOU CAN FIND A WELL TAKEN CARE OF ONE, BUY IT! MINE HAD 117,000 MILES ON IT WHEN I BOUGHT LAST MONTH AND THE MILES DIDNT SCARE ME THE SLIGHTEST ON THIS RIG."

a really good premium priced car

By on Friday, February 10, 2012

Pros: "great car"

Cons: "expensive"

"I have owned this car since early 2003 . I have had no problems. It is even with 12500 mile s very reliable car. If I could afford it I would without hesitation buy a new one."

I love this car

By on Monday, January 16, 2012

Pros: "reliable, safe, comfortable, goes anywhere"

Cons: "gas guzzler, expensive"

"over 200,000 miles and I will probably get another 200,000 miles. Reliable, safe, comfortable, goes anywhere."

Simply the best

By on Friday, October 24, 2008

"Without a doubt, this car saved my son's life and his 3 passengers yesterday. It performed perfectly for the 8 years we had it and literally gave its life to protect his (we called the LC "Steve") passengers in a high speed highway crash. No mechanical problems ever, by far the most impressive vehicle we have ever owned in every regard. Gas prices aside, you can not go wrong with a Toyota LC."

Best Vehicle

By on Monday, December 19, 2011

Pros: "Great Price, Great Ride, Smooth"

Cons: "Nothing, This car is remarkable"

"This is the most remarkable vehicle that anyone has ever made. I inherited this car from my mom, who bought it with in 1999 with 42 miles on it, and she put 103,000 miles and I have put the remaining 123,500 miles and it has never let me down. Other than oil changes, nails in the tires and one starter at 100,000 miles, I have never been stranded, never had anything go wrong with this car and have never felt uunsafe in this Land Cruiser. I would let my children or grandmother drive this car. The leather has held up remarkably and has little wear and tear on it. The Woodgrain has been replaced one time."

Best purchase made

By on Friday, June 13, 2008

"Have 2000 LC we bought after being stuck in Toyota Sienna (no AWD) on a hill in Vermont on a ski trip. Had 11K on it - not even broken in yet. Now at 63K and it's still not broken in yet! Yes it hurts to pay $90 to fill it but the safety, reliability and comfort still make it worth every penny. Looking forward to 200K miles on it someday!"

The Planet's best vehicle

By on Tuesday, May 20, 2008

"I just bought my 5th Land Cruiser. I have had a '92 with 350k miles, a '95 with 182k miles, still have a '96 with 221k miles, still have a '00 with 134k miles (wife's) and just bought an '01 with 58k miles. Without any questions whatsoever the Land Cruiser/LX470 is the best vehicle on the planet. I am in the woods with my job everyday in my LC. Indestructable. They will hold my family of 6 and get us anywhere we want to go comfortably, safely and securely. By buying used ones I am money well ahead at the deals I have gotten on LC's. There simply isn't a vehicle made with the detail of workmanship, from the extra welds made on the frame (that you never see) to the paint job. It is made just like I like it, bullet-proof, every single one of'em."

Sweet rig

By on Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Pros: "all"

"180,000 one starter, 2 o2 sensors, inner tie rods, and brakes pads. used off road, towing, and as a camper GREAT vehicle. K&N Cone and 40 series Flowmaster."

Simply said this vehicle is still relevant today

By on Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Pros: "Quality that lasts and styling still relevant"

Cons: "It is a large vehicle that consumes gas"

"I am the original owner of the 2001 LC and was so impressed with its quality when first introduced that I paid cash for it which I have never done with new vehicles. But here I am in 2013 talking to this community about it. There is no substitute for a complete style and engineering design. The vehicle looks still contemporary today, the more weight you ask it to carry actually improves handling, and my wife has refused offers of new car replacements as she is the principal driver. Reliability is exceptional based on running synthetic Mobile oil, hi test gas, and keeping the air cleaner in good condition. Basically it has had no other issues of maintenance....ever. If I had to by my car today even with $168K miles on it is a good value."

255000

By on Wednesday, August 18, 2010

"Yes my 1998 LC has 255000 miles on it I have raised my 4 children in this vehicle she is part of our family. I have maintained her and she has never let me down. She is still solid,tight and smooth. The LC can take to valet at a 5 star hotel, or any back road. After 12 years she is my baby I Love her!"

Outstanding Product

By on Thursday, August 6, 2009

"The Landcruiser is in a class by itself. Expensive initially, but it will last years and years. The quality, reliability, and comfort is unmatched. I have 84,000 on my 2000 model and it still drives and performs like new. Have only performed routine maintenance, replaced one brake caliper, and a rear A/C line."

One Hecka of an Automobile!

By on Monday, July 13, 2009

"You just can't beat the ride and dependability. Outstanding for road trips when comfort is a must. If you drive the car resonably you can get decent mileage. I average around 18mpg. Want to feel safe? step into a Land Cruiser."

LandCruiser

By on Monday, May 4, 2009

"I have nothing but good to say about this vehicle. The value holds well over time, the components are all quality. With preventive maintenance I feel this vehicle will last another 7-10 years and it's already 9 years old. I have kept all of the interior clean and treated (leather), it's close to new! Got it smogged the other day they were blown away by the age of the vehicle. If it is within your budget, it is money well spent."

grrrreat

By on Wednesday, December 10, 2008

"super reliability. goes anywhere, indestructible. Better milage than my SR5, could use a better stoage strap for the 3d row seats as they tend to come loose letting the seats flop."

TLC Would drive nothing else

By on Monday, January 7, 2008

"Best vehicle on the road - my '98 model looks nicer and drives better than most new garbage out there. I've owned 6 Land Cruisers and would drive no other. Safe, reliable, take it anywhere - literally, anywhere you want."

By on Monday, December 17, 2007

"WITH 132K STILL RIDES LIKE A NEW ONE"

BEST SUV EVER

By on Tuesday, October 23, 2007

"MY WIFE HAS A LEXUS AND WOULD RATHER DRIVE MY LAND CRUISER.PLAN ON KEEPING IT FOREEVER OR TILL I CAN AFFORD ANOTHER ONE.BEST CAR I HAVE EVER BEEN IN"

7 years, one part replaced

By on Monday, September 3, 2007

"Have had this car 7 1/2 years and driven 150,000 miles. The ONLY replaced part has been a water pump at 100,000 miles. Will be handing it over to my son in a year and I already dread it. LOVE this car. I wanted reliable and I got it. Drives like new and still looks great. It was worth every penny."

Must own one if you want a true SUV

By on Sunday, October 20, 2013

Pros: "Reliable/dependable/fun to drive/safe/looks good"

Cons: "Guzzles gas, but then again it is a 4X4"

"This vehicle rocks! The reason you don't see too many is because most people settle for less. Sure, it carries a hefty price tag, but I bought it ten years old as the third owner. This vehicle is one awesome ride. With seating for up to eight, I shuttle around my family of six, plus a friend or two. Gas is a bit costly, but worth it. The ride is actually pretty smooth, considering it delivers true 4X4 utility. Once when I was driving up by Canada, I was going a bit faster than I should have been on the highway. The roads were icy and it was snowing lightly, and I nearly lost control when the computer's traction control kicked in. I immediately thanked God for giving the Toyota engineers the insight and ability to create remarkably wonderful cars. The 4X4 ability is excellent. This car has been helpful in helping me build life-lasting memories with my family. It is amazing! A zombie-apocalypse vehicle for sure. The only complaint I have that I wish Toyota would address is that the Toyota Land Cruiser costs nearly as much as the Lexus equivalent. These cars are so awesome that I wish they would be more affordable. I wish the Toyota Land Cruisers would cost about $25K less than the Lexus version, but really they only differ by about $10K. More people should experience this ride!"