2004 Toyota Land Cruiser

9.6

Based on 192 Ratings for the 1998 - 2007 models.

9.8/10
    9.8/10
    9.7/10

Most reliable vehicle ever, bulletproof.

By on Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Pros: "reliability"

Cons: "It's big."

"This truck will always get your family home, no matter what the conditions. I just do the scheduled maintenance and it keeps going."

This is, by far, the best car that I have own!

By on Sunday, November 27, 2011

Pros: "durability, dependable, major problem-free for 12y"

Cons: "maint is pricey, but worth it!"

"It has held up under the constant wear and tear of FOUR boys, 3 huge dogs and many, many trips back and forth to sporting events and school."

Incredible long-term value holder

By on Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Pros: "Reliability, safety, foul weather performance"

Cons: "no speed demon, size, height in public garages"

"Just hit 250,000 miles on my 2002. Reliability is beyond believed possible. Nothing but routine maintenance. Truck feels as tight as new. Continually approached to sell vehicle. NOT happening."

Will never buy any other vehicle! The best.

By on Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Pros: "Tow, drive anywhere, haul 8 people, comfy, sturdy."

Cons: "Average 14mpg at $4/gal, not fun but pays in other ways."

"This is my fourth Land Cruiser in 25 years. I have put upwards of 380k miles on one before. Simply the best vehicles on the planet (literally)."

It's a Land Cruiser...'nough said

By on Thursday, July 28, 2011

"I've owned my 2000 Land Cruiser for 9 years and still love it. Drives great, very reliable and a quality car. My mechanic said to expect 350,000 miles from it. I'm at 170,000, so about half way. Highly recommended!"

Saved my life

By on Wednesday, May 18, 2011

"I was cut off by a driver at high speed and rolled 3 times. There was an ambulance following me that saw the whole accident. They said they all wanted a car like mine. It did exactly what it was supposed to do. The side airbags all deployed. The front airbags did not. The roll bar protected me. I walked away with a broken arm. Thank you for all the safety features that actually work."

This car is part of me

By on Thursday, July 15, 2010

"My father first purchased this car as his gift for himself in December 1999. I was 8 years old when we got it. This car has taken my family everywhere and still drives perfectly. I'm now 19 and can proudly say I'm driving my 2000 Land Cruiser that has been a huge part of my life. When I drive this thing I feel like I have the road at my fingertips the car is extreemly reliable, very smoothe, and like any other Toyota it has held its quality since we first purchased it. I don't think we've ever once changed the speakers and they still work perfectly. It is also huge so I always feel safe in it. I swear it feels like this car will never die. Overall this car is GREAT I'd highly recomend it to anyone who is trying to raise a family as it holds 7 passengers (not including the driver) and is very spacious, however I would not recommend this car to anyone who wants to use this car for themselves as it is a gas eater. I know I said it before but I LOVE MY 2000 TOYOTA LANDCRUISER"

Best off road vehicle, bar none

By on Monday, May 31, 2010

"If you live off dirt roads, and need to negotiate steep hills, muddy conditions, large ruts, but still want a comfortable ride, this is the car for you. Our LC everyday goes on about 4 miles each way of deeply rutted, steep dirt roads, crossing a creek, and by far of all the other off road vehicles we have tried, it will go when others can't, go faster, and in considerably more comfort. My husband has had a few 4Runners, still has a 2008 4R, and it feels like you are in a wheelbarrow on that road. By contrast my LC just flies on that road, never skids or loses power on the uphill, and smoothes out the bumps. I love it!"

The best vehicle on the road!

By on Thursday, March 18, 2010

"I am the proud owner of two.If you can stomach the gas consumption,this is the best all-around vehicle on the road. I much prefer the Lexus version. Toyota,reliable is extremely evident in the LC.."

Solid and Reliable

By on Friday, November 27, 2009

"I have owned this vehical with 3 kids and 2 dogs so it has been through a lot. I absolutely love the way it handles. Perfectly after 140K. My husband has a new Tahoe and the quality isnt even comparable. After all of these years it still has a smooth ride and is easy to manuver. The only problem I have had is that the bearing in the fan belt broke and subsequently it broke the serpentine belt. This is the only major repair I have had to make. It is smaller than the other full size SUVs but this has never been a problem for me. Personally I like the older body style(95to 98?) better so i game styling 4 stars. I love the Landcruiser! Well made, reliable and totally non pretentious."

Large, Safe and Quality

By on Thursday, October 1, 2009

"Great car, ours is 2002 and just went over 100k. Nothing besides normal wear has been wrong with it. it drives pretty much like i bought it, maybe more rattles as things got loose over the years. but great highway driving, it loves cruise control in the 80s. we have traveled from Boston as far as Florida and Indiana and never felt unsafe in it. Highly recommended if you need a big vehicle abd you want to cruise the highways!"

Great All-around

By on Sunday, January 18, 2009

"My 4th Cruiser & this is the best yet. Have had no problems but a cracked windshield. Fuel economy is @12 mi/gal in town & should be much better. But it's great on the road & has been used extensively off-road. Goes through anything & everything. Good nav system."

By on Monday, January 12, 2009

"have 170k miles on my 2000 landcruiser and only had it in the shop once for something minor, other than routine check ups!!! Great vehicle.. could run to 300k miles and still be wonderful! Im a 20 year old female, had this car since i turned 16 and LOVE IT and i feel very very safe in it."

I WANT TO BE BURIED IN THIS VEHICLE!

By on Thursday, January 1, 2009

"Best SUV in the world! Extremely reliable and very good looking! I did have some minor electrical problems including booth front door woofers blowing out."

Awesome SUV

By on Sunday, January 13, 2008

"Own a '99 Landcruiser from new. Never once had a problem with it. Comfortable, reliable, spacious and will go virtually anywhere. Highest recommendation!"

Want another one

By on Friday, January 4, 2008

"This absolutely the most reliable vehicle we have owned. Definitely worth every dollar we've ever spent for it and we would buy another one-but probably won't need to!"

'05 Land Cruiser - FANTASTIC for family

By on Thursday, November 1, 2007

"Pros - Great for towing, comfortable for highway and local travel, better gas mileage than expected (14.8 mpg around town with lots of stop and go), fits lots of cargo, good handling, nice backup camera. Cons - 3rd row seat only for children, navi functions limited while driving unless you put in the override every time."

Best vehicle we have owned so far!

By on Tuesday, September 4, 2007

"We purchased our Cruiser with 36,000 miles on it but it looked and drove like new. We have had it for over two years (it's a 2002) and it still looks and drives the same. The only thing we changed was the fuel pump and we're not sure why it went. The dealer and other mechanics I know said that it's not at all typical of these vehicles. We love the quiet drive and amazing interior as well as the ruggedness when needed. We have had to haul a trailer and it was not at all a problem. It's not great on gas but it's right around the same as all of the other large SUV's so we deal with it. We currently have 68,000 miles on it but I know it would go another 100 K without any issues. We love it, love it, love it!!!!!"

the best

By on Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Pros: "great"

"great vehicle"

Love my Landcruiser

By on Friday, September 27, 2013

Pros: "Reliability, interior size, elegant interior style"

Cons: "Can only think of one, wish for better gas mileage"

"This is one quality vehicle, of all the cars I have owned this is my favorite. And I have had a Lexus, Infiniti, Mercedes, Corvette, Explorer and Jeep Gran Waggoner. In 8 years I have not had one problem, only new tires and brakes and of course oil changes. I plan on putting another 100,000 miles on it. Love my Landcruiser!"

What A Beast

By on Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Pros: "Durable, reliable and comfortable"

Cons: "Still looking"

"Been Great. Cruising all over the country again for family trips this Summer. Black in color, sharp with style, .... Only one out there I've seen in awhile. We are a rare breed my friends! Average gas mileage sits at 17.4 on Hwy. Recommend change of the carbs throttle body and pcv value, air filter and tire pressure helps with MPG. Keep up with scheduled maintenance, tire rotation (Michelin Latitude Tour HP) and oil changes every 5,000. Brakes every 2-3 years. Its expected, heavy vehicle and I brake hard and for deer, bear and goats when in high country."

Best truck on the road

By on Sunday, January 29, 2012

Pros: "Just a great car, the best SUV on the road"

Cons: "Gas mileage and pricey"

"5/5"

Our 4th Land Cruiser and not our last

By on Monday, November 21, 2011

Pros: "Reliable, comfortable, great in the snow."

Cons: "Radio reception, cost of tires"

"These vehicles are incredible. It's got plenty of room for our family of 5, drives great - not like a truck - yet is great in the snow and has a great sense of safety and comfort. The 3rd row seat is actually usable with room left behind it for more storage for trips. I've towed a 21' trailer with it as well as other smaller things in tow and it handles it very well. Very reliable and durable. Once you own one you'll never want to switch to another SUV."

Toyota Perfection

By on Saturday, November 5, 2011

Pros: "Reliable reliable reliable."

Cons: "Mileage, but knew that coming in."

"Bullet proof and amazing. Only "con" is that it's full time all wheel drive on a 3/4 ton chassis. Brings the mileage down, but I knew that coming in. I love this vehicle."

Best SUV Ever.

By on Thursday, October 13, 2011

Pros: "Great vehicle. Highly reliable."

Cons: "Not good on gas."

"I love this SUV. It is actually my second Land Cruiser. I also had a 2001 Land Cruiser. Both Land Cruisers were very, very reliable. Gas mileage isn't great, but after all it's a V8. I have not had a bit of trouble out of this vehicle. Through snow and inclement weather, I can always make it to work. It has never let me down. It starts without question. People have asked me to sell it. Not going to happen. You can't go wrong with this one. Well worth the money."