2004 Toyota Land Cruiser

9.6

Based on 192 Ratings for the 1998 - 2007 models.

9.8/10
    9.8/10
    9.7/10

Multi-Terrain

By on Sunday, August 28, 2011

Pros: "Powerful Engine. Excellent AC (specially for Hot weathers). Comfortable, roomy"

"This is one awsome truck. with close to 14000 miles on it, the darn thing keeps running. All I've done is regular maintenance: brakes, tires, batter, and regular oil change. After almost 10 years the engine is still powerful and runs smoothly. From the sand dunes of the Emirates to the flood striken waters of hurricane IKE this car has performed marvelously. Imagine this: terrantual rain pouring, 8 people in my cruiser... flooding every where... other cars floating... but the Cruiser kept to it's pedigree and smoothly traversed the choppy waters to safely get my family home. Highly recommend!!!"

TOUGH AND DEPENDABLE

By on Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Pros: "Smooth, quiet, great off road, dependable, tough!"

Cons: "Nothing will stop it except a gas station."

"I was on a highway doing about 65 mph. A truck in front of me had an engine block fall out of it and I had nowhere to go except right over top of it. It shot my cruiser over 1 foot into the air and all that it did is put a small hole in my oil pan. Alignment was still perfect. If I would have been in almost any other vehicle, It would be totaled. I love my cruiser!"

The worlds greatest driving machine

By on Monday, January 2, 2012

Pros: "Rugged, elegant, reliable, quiet"

Cons: "Fuel economy"

"I owned a 2001 Lexus LX470 (Based on the Land Cruiser) for 6 years. My kids really beat the car, it spent several years parked outside, yet it just held tough and never complained. I regretted not taking better care of that car. Then a tree fell on it, and with a nice insurance check, we had to go car shopping. We started looking at mini-vans, and it was just depressing how they simply did not have the quality workmanship of the Lexus. We then started to look at mid-sized SUV's from Acura, Volvo, Toyota, Honda, and Lexus. My whole family couldn't help but feel cramped in these cars. We kept missing our Lexus. THEN we drove a Land Cruiser, and that was it. I actually liked it BETTER than the Lexus. The Lexus has an air suspension that you can raise or lower, and while that is a nice feature, I air shocks still do not give the comfort and manners of traditional shocks. Also, the 2003 version upgraded the 4-speed transmission with a 5-speed. The high-rpm of the 2001 Lexus on the highway was now replaced with a nice purr. We also got 17.6 mpg on the highway, which is not bad for a car that weighs almost 3 tons. Bottom line: The Land Cruiser is assembled in Japan and is Toyota's almost unlimited budget to create an ultimate SUV without compromise. Every since part of this car oozes quality and reliability. It is supremely engineered and is designed to take serious punishment. If you take good care of it, and don't beat on it, it will last almost forever. Just keep it clean, especially if you drive it on salted roads (use the under-body wash). Change the oil, do the service it needs. Garage it. It's quiet, and a great family car. You can talk at normal levels to people in the 3rd row. Go Toyota, and thank you for the world's greatest driving machine."

LifeSaver

By on Monday, June 9, 2008

"I'm on my second LC. My 2002 was totaled in huge 21 car pileup and was hit by 2 different 18 wheelers in a bad sandstorm. I had only bruises and the heck scared out of me. The car saved my life. I bought a new 2004 and it has performed very well. I have 40,000 miles now and no trouble. Gas is the only issue but if I had been in lots of other cars I might not be here writing this."

Best car I have ever had...

By on Saturday, February 21, 2009

"Owned Porsches, Audis, Lexus, a Mazda, and American cars and liked this car so much our second car is now a FJ Cruiser. There is no better SUV or maybe even any kind of vehicle than the Land Cruiser. 130k miles and spent maybe $1500 on it outside of warranty and standard maintenance. Taken it off road over wide creeks, bad dirt roads, up mountains, into snowstorms, and backwoods campiing only to bring it home, wash it, and drive it to a nice restaruant valet parking. Absolutely the most amazing vehicle I have ever owned. And rides smooth as butter on or off the road. Full time 4 WD always gives you confidence and worth the below avergage gas mileage. No wonder the US car makers cannot compete!"

I'll always be in a LC

By on Wednesday, July 16, 2008

"I own two 2000 LCs and one 1991 LC. 63k, 144k and 240k. Worst repair so far on all three was a new power steering box on the 91. The best vehicles I've ever owned!"

I LOVE THIS VEHICLE!!!

By on Friday, May 3, 2013

Pros: "BUILD QUALITY, ERGONOMICS, ON AND OFF ROAD MANNERS"

Cons: "NONE"

"I HAVE OWNED 3 JEEP RUBICONS FROM DIFFERENT YEARS 08-11 AND 2 TOYOTA FJ'S 10-11 FOR THE OFFROAD MANNERS AND UTILITARIAN ASPECT OF HAULING MY LITTLE ONE AROUND AND HIS GEAR. I HAD THE OPPORTUNITY TO PURCHASE A PRISTINE 2006 LANDCRUISER FROM A FRIEND THAT HAD BEEN PAMPERED AND SERVICED. THIS LANDCRUISER IS ONE OF THOSE THAT HAS ME ASKING MYSELF WHY DIDNT I BUY ONE OF THESE YEARS AGO? THE ON ROAD MANNERS ARE SPECTACULAR AND OFFROAD IS VERY CAPABLE AS I TOOK IT TO HOLLISTER HILLS IN CA. LAST WEEK NEAR MY HOME JUST TO CHECK OUT THE DIFF LOCK AND ARTICULATION OF THE AHC SUSPENSION. THIS HAS EXCEEDED MY EXPECTATIONS AND CAN NOW UNDERSTAND THE $70K NEW PRICEPOINT WHEN LOADED UP. IF YOU CAN FIND A WELL TAKEN CARE OF ONE, BUY IT! MINE HAD 117,000 MILES ON IT WHEN I BOUGHT LAST MONTH AND THE MILES DIDNT SCARE ME THE SLIGHTEST ON THIS RIG."

a really good premium priced car

By on Friday, February 10, 2012

Pros: "great car"

Cons: "expensive"

"I have owned this car since early 2003 . I have had no problems. It is even with 12500 mile s very reliable car. If I could afford it I would without hesitation buy a new one."

I love this car

By on Monday, January 16, 2012

Pros: "reliable, safe, comfortable, goes anywhere"

Cons: "gas guzzler, expensive"

"over 200,000 miles and I will probably get another 200,000 miles. Reliable, safe, comfortable, goes anywhere."

Simply the best

By on Friday, October 24, 2008

"Without a doubt, this car saved my son's life and his 3 passengers yesterday. It performed perfectly for the 8 years we had it and literally gave its life to protect his (we called the LC "Steve") passengers in a high speed highway crash. No mechanical problems ever, by far the most impressive vehicle we have ever owned in every regard. Gas prices aside, you can not go wrong with a Toyota LC."