2004 Toyota Land Cruiser

9.6

Based on 187 Ratings for the 1998 - 2007 models.

9.7/10
    9.8/10
    9.7/10

Best LC value

By on Friday, December 07, 2012

Pros: "Durablle, reliable, powerful, quiet, smooth, safe."

Cons: "Low gas mileage"

"Just had a compression check of the V8. With 230K mi's it is as-new condition. yep, mileage ain't great, but we bought this beast to last, and to ensure passage in the high country, in the winter, in the snow. We have towed a 23' Sea Ray (heavy boat) all over the state, we have pulled a 4-wh dr pickup when it got stuck going up a steep, icy road while itself towing a flat bed loaded with 3 snow mobiles - you should have seen the pick-up dudes face when we did that! We did a 180 on black ice, plowed into a snow bank, and drove out of the ditch, unscathed. While stopped at a red-light, we had a teenager going about 25 mph hit us from behin in his Dad's new Taurus. It totaled the Taurus, only put one (1) dent in the stock LC rear bumper. The ride is still real quiet, and has less engine noise than our 07 Audi A6. Almost no non-routine maintenance in the 11 years we've owned it. Original Paint in excellent condition. All internals (radio, AC, etc) in perfect cond'n. The guy at the Toyota shp said it should be good to go for at leas another 100k mi......and that was 100k mi ago! After lots of time in rough country oversea, I can tell you most contractors will ONLY buy this vehicle. ......What a beast..."

super and capable

By on Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Pros: "superv capable SUV"

Cons: "gas mileage"

"we have own three of these in the past 3 years, nothing wrong with the other two that we got rid off. only complaint is low gas mileage. I would say maybe 14 city- 16 hwy? is a very capable SUV and nothing will stand on it's way, no snow,rain,sand nor mud, would stop this baby. it also has a lockable rear and or front differentials. is very comfortable and nimble. not a sports car, but very capable and comfortable for long rides,you can't hardly feel the road, it's very comfortable. The wind noise is reasonable, it can accomodate up to eight passengers and very little area for luggage with 8 passengers. that is why it has a roof rack though and or you can use your tow package to put a rack and you will not see the difference. I believe if it would have a little bit bigger motor mileage would be better because the passing gear would not engage as often on hilly roads. no problems at all mechanically speaking, only oil changes, tire rotations and timing belt when required. other than that superb vehicle. we love it, want to trade it for the lexus cousin more bells and whistles."

Best reliable SUV for the value

By on Saturday, April 13, 2013

Pros: "everything....many would not know it is 14 yrs old"

Cons: "gas mileage but I bought it on that knowledge"

"I bought this 1999 Landcruiser new and now have 315,000 miles. Despite the brake rotors were not designed to handle the weight, I have really appreciated the quality of this machine. 1. original battery lasted 7 years 2. Mitchelon tires last 70-80k 3. still has original transmission, shocks, muffler 4. all instrumentation ( radio )and power windows continues to work 5. gas mileage continues and consistently at 16-17 highway and 14-15 local which is what it was advertised"

Incredible Vehicle

By on Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Pros: "Anything that you could think of."

"People buy cars like Range Rovers, Land Rovers, BMW X5s, etc for the image but this car will drive better, last longer, and be much more reliable than any of those models."

Awesome. Comfortable, capable

By on Monday, April 02, 2012

Pros: "Space, rugged and luxurious at the same time."

Cons: "13 city and 16 highway mileage at best"

"This is my 4th Land Cruiser and they keep getting better. I learned early on that it's not necessary to but a late model low mileage one to get a good one. They last and last and last. Toyota has done a great job building a high quality SUV that can tackle off road terrain as easily as a trip to the mall. Mine is 13 years old and still runs like the day I got it."