2002 Toyota Land Cruiser

9.6

Based on 187 Ratings for the 1998 - 2007 models.

9.7/10
    9.8/10
    9.7/10

Best Vehicle

By on Monday, December 19, 2011

Pros: "Great Price, Great Ride, Smooth"

Cons: "Nothing, This car is remarkable"

"This is the most remarkable vehicle that anyone has ever made. I inherited this car from my mom, who bought it with in 1999 with 42 miles on it, and she put 103,000 miles and I have put the remaining 123,500 miles and it has never let me down. Other than oil changes, nails in the tires and one starter at 100,000 miles, I have never been stranded, never had anything go wrong with this car and have never felt uunsafe in this Land Cruiser. I would let my children or grandmother drive this car. The leather has held up remarkably and has little wear and tear on it. The Woodgrain has been replaced one time."

Best purchase made

By on Friday, June 13, 2008

"Have 2000 LC we bought after being stuck in Toyota Sienna (no AWD) on a hill in Vermont on a ski trip. Had 11K on it - not even broken in yet. Now at 63K and it's still not broken in yet! Yes it hurts to pay $90 to fill it but the safety, reliability and comfort still make it worth every penny. Looking forward to 200K miles on it someday!"

The Planet's best vehicle

By on Tuesday, May 20, 2008

"I just bought my 5th Land Cruiser. I have had a '92 with 350k miles, a '95 with 182k miles, still have a '96 with 221k miles, still have a '00 with 134k miles (wife's) and just bought an '01 with 58k miles. Without any questions whatsoever the Land Cruiser/LX470 is the best vehicle on the planet. I am in the woods with my job everyday in my LC. Indestructable. They will hold my family of 6 and get us anywhere we want to go comfortably, safely and securely. By buying used ones I am money well ahead at the deals I have gotten on LC's. There simply isn't a vehicle made with the detail of workmanship, from the extra welds made on the frame (that you never see) to the paint job. It is made just like I like it, bullet-proof, every single one of'em."

Sweet rig

By on Wednesday, October 09, 2013

Pros: "all"

"180,000 one starter, 2 o2 sensors, inner tie rods, and brakes pads. used off road, towing, and as a camper GREAT vehicle. K&N Cone and 40 series Flowmaster."

Simply said this vehicle is still relevant today

By on Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Pros: "Quality that lasts and styling still relevant"

Cons: "It is a large vehicle that consumes gas"

"I am the original owner of the 2001 LC and was so impressed with its quality when first introduced that I paid cash for it which I have never done with new vehicles. But here I am in 2013 talking to this community about it. There is no substitute for a complete style and engineering design. The vehicle looks still contemporary today, the more weight you ask it to carry actually improves handling, and my wife has refused offers of new car replacements as she is the principal driver. Reliability is exceptional based on running synthetic Mobile oil, hi test gas, and keeping the air cleaner in good condition. Basically it has had no other issues of maintenance....ever. If I had to by my car today even with $168K miles on it is a good value."