2001 Toyota Land Cruiser

9.6

Based on 173 Ratings for the 1998 - 2007 models.

9.8/10
    9.8/10
    9.7/10
Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

BEST CAR I HAVE EVER OWNED!

By on Friday, March 21, 2014

Pros: "drives smooth, great 4x4, comfortable, powerful"

Cons: "big engine drinks gas"

"I have owned Ford Trucks, Jeep CJ's and my Cruiser is head and shoulders above in getting around in snow and ice. The ride is butter smooth and comfortable. I have also shopped around and can find nothing that feels and drives as nice as the Landcruiser. Hands down one of the best cars ever made."

BEST CAR I HAVE EVER OWNED!

By on Friday, March 21, 2014

Pros: "drives smooth, great 4x4, comfortable, powerful"

Cons: "big engine drinks gas"

This is the most outstanding car I have ever owned

By on Sunday, February 23, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, powerful,comfortable, comfortable ride."

Cons: "Not easy on gas."

"This is the best car I have ever owned and I have bought and owned 12 new cars over the years. The Land Cruiser does everything it was designed to do and it does it beautifully. Outstanding RELIABILITY in all it does. I can't speak more highly about this vehicle. My wife also has one and hers has 140000 miles on it. Mine has 130000 miles. Neither car has ever broken down ( we follow the book on maintenance) and have been rewarded with excellent service from the vehicles. They are not however, gas easy. We average 13-15 miles per gallon of regular grade gas. I would purchase this car again if and when it wears out, but it doesn't seem that it will happen any time soon. I will purchase it's big brother the Lexus LX as my next car (built on the same frame as Land Cruiser). My final words are, RELIABLE, RELIABLE, RELIABLE..and it maintains its value."

Great Vehicle for Family on or off road

By on Saturday, February 01, 2014

Pros: "priced to move"

Cons: "no cup holders"

"Fleet car mainly used intrastate for 150,000 miles rarely used in 4 wheel drive. a solidly built vehicle."

Had since new and have found it to be OUTSTANDING

By on Saturday, January 18, 2014

Pros: "RELIABLE, does what it is built to do, comfortable"

Cons: "Low gas mileage, not cheap"

"I own this SUV since new in 2004 and I have been impressed with it throughout my ownership. It does everything it is designed to do in excellent fashion. It has not broken down in all 130000 miles and is still going strong. I follow the factory book to the letter and the truck pays you back with reliability and power. It is fast off the line and in getting into fast moving traffic. It is comfortable and well appointed inside and out. It gets only 13 MPG but takes regular gas. I took the way back third row seats out of the truck when I first got it to make more room for hauling things for my boat and there is lots of room with the area clear in the back. I an going to purchase another one or it's big sister Lexus LX next. I love this SUV."

TOUGH AND DEPENDABLE

By on Tuesday, December 03, 2013

Pros: "Smooth, quiet, great off road, dependable, tough!"

Cons: "Nothing will stop it except a gas station."

"I was on a highway doing about 65 mph. A truck in front of me had an engine block fall out of it and I had nowhere to go except right over top of it. It shot my cruiser over 1 foot into the air and all that it did is put a small hole in my oil pan. Alignment was still perfect. If I would have been in almost any other vehicle, It would be totaled. I love my cruiser!"

Hands down, the most comfortable ride ever

By on Monday, December 02, 2013

Pros: "Comfort, mass, safety, quiet."

Cons: "Consumes gas readily....16 to 17 mph on freeway."

"We bought our Toyota Land Cruiser New and have loved it ever since. With 8 cylinders, it is a bit of a gas pig so we no longer use it daily, but are reluctant to let go of such a wonderful ride. It has been great for hauling kids to sporting events. The leather seats are wonderful for seating 5 people comfortably; the far rear seat is good for up to 3 young folk - too small for true adult comfort, but good when you have a crowd."

Must own one if you want a true SUV

By on Sunday, October 20, 2013

Pros: "Reliable/dependable/fun to drive/safe/looks good"

Cons: "Guzzles gas, but then again it is a 4X4"

"This vehicle rocks! The reason you don't see too many is because most people settle for less. Sure, it carries a hefty price tag, but I bought it ten years old as the third owner. This vehicle is one awesome ride. With seating for up to eight, I shuttle around my family of six, plus a friend or two. Gas is a bit costly, but worth it. The ride is actually pretty smooth, considering it delivers true 4X4 utility. Once when I was driving up by Canada, I was going a bit faster than I should have been on the highway. The roads were icy and it was snowing lightly, and I nearly lost control when the computer's traction control kicked in. I immediately thanked God for giving the Toyota engineers the insight and ability to create remarkably wonderful cars. The 4X4 ability is excellent. This car has been helpful in helping me build life-lasting memories with my family. It is amazing! A zombie-apocalypse vehicle for sure. The only complaint I have that I wish Toyota would address is that the Toyota Land Cruiser costs nearly as much as the Lexus equivalent. These cars are so awesome that I wish they would be more affordable. I wish the Toyota Land Cruisers would cost about $25K less than the Lexus version, but really they only differ by about $10K. More people should experience this ride!"

Sweet rig

By on Wednesday, October 09, 2013

Pros: "all"

"180,000 one starter, 2 o2 sensors, inner tie rods, and brakes pads. used off road, towing, and as a camper GREAT vehicle. K&N Cone and 40 series Flowmaster."

Love my Landcruiser

By on Friday, September 27, 2013

Pros: "Reliability, interior size, elegant interior style"

Cons: "Can only think of one, wish for better gas mileage"

"This is one quality vehicle, of all the cars I have owned this is my favorite. And I have had a Lexus, Infiniti, Mercedes, Corvette, Explorer and Jeep Gran Waggoner. In 8 years I have not had one problem, only new tires and brakes and of course oil changes. I plan on putting another 100,000 miles on it. Love my Landcruiser!"

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25