2000 Toyota Land Cruiser

9.6

Based on 176 Ratings for the 1998 - 2007 models.

9.8/10
    9.8/10
    9.7/10

Toyota Landcruiser, No Challenger!!!!!!

By on Sunday, July 06, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive the King of the road"

Cons: "Yet to discover any Cons."

"Like a RELIABLE and LOVING wife, so is the Toyota Landcruiser. I have just bought the 2006 TOYOTA lANDCRUISER with 164,000 miles and it drives like new; fully loaded, always ready to go no matter the weather."

Great vehicle, luxurious and tough! Nice!

By on Monday, June 16, 2014

Pros: "smooth, versatile, stylish"

"This is a great vehicle, it looks, drives and feels like a luxury vehicle but it can be used to carry your home improvement and gardening stuff, your camping or road trip necessities, or whatever! I love the additional two seats available in the back, not usually needed but handy when you want to carry up to 7 passengers - say for a mountain trip, snowboards etc. conveniently on the roof rack. This is an amazing vehicle, I call it the Land Crusher!"

The Best

By on Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable and Smooth"

Cons: "Expensive, but worth it"

"My Land Cruiser is one of the finest cars I have ever owned. It has never failed me and there have only been normal repairs required. Going on a trip is a joy - this car just owns the road."

BEST CAR I HAVE EVER OWNED!

By on Friday, March 21, 2014

Pros: "drives smooth, great 4x4, comfortable, powerful"

Cons: "big engine drinks gas"

"I have owned Ford Trucks, Jeep CJ's and my Cruiser is head and shoulders above in getting around in snow and ice. The ride is butter smooth and comfortable. I have also shopped around and can find nothing that feels and drives as nice as the Landcruiser. Hands down one of the best cars ever made."

BEST CAR I HAVE EVER OWNED!

By on Friday, March 21, 2014

Pros: "drives smooth, great 4x4, comfortable, powerful"

Cons: "big engine drinks gas"

This is the most outstanding car I have ever owned

By on Sunday, February 23, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, powerful,comfortable, comfortable ride."

Cons: "Not easy on gas."

"This is the best car I have ever owned and I have bought and owned 12 new cars over the years. The Land Cruiser does everything it was designed to do and it does it beautifully. Outstanding RELIABILITY in all it does. I can't speak more highly about this vehicle. My wife also has one and hers has 140000 miles on it. Mine has 130000 miles. Neither car has ever broken down ( we follow the book on maintenance) and have been rewarded with excellent service from the vehicles. They are not however, gas easy. We average 13-15 miles per gallon of regular grade gas. I would purchase this car again if and when it wears out, but it doesn't seem that it will happen any time soon. I will purchase it's big brother the Lexus LX as my next car (built on the same frame as Land Cruiser). My final words are, RELIABLE, RELIABLE, RELIABLE..and it maintains its value."

Great Vehicle for Family on or off road

By on Saturday, February 01, 2014

Pros: "priced to move"

Cons: "no cup holders"

"Fleet car mainly used intrastate for 150,000 miles rarely used in 4 wheel drive. a solidly built vehicle."

Had since new and have found it to be OUTSTANDING

By on Saturday, January 18, 2014

Pros: "RELIABLE, does what it is built to do, comfortable"

Cons: "Low gas mileage, not cheap"

"I own this SUV since new in 2004 and I have been impressed with it throughout my ownership. It does everything it is designed to do in excellent fashion. It has not broken down in all 130000 miles and is still going strong. I follow the factory book to the letter and the truck pays you back with reliability and power. It is fast off the line and in getting into fast moving traffic. It is comfortable and well appointed inside and out. It gets only 13 MPG but takes regular gas. I took the way back third row seats out of the truck when I first got it to make more room for hauling things for my boat and there is lots of room with the area clear in the back. I an going to purchase another one or it's big sister Lexus LX next. I love this SUV."

TOUGH AND DEPENDABLE

By on Tuesday, December 03, 2013

Pros: "Smooth, quiet, great off road, dependable, tough!"

Cons: "Nothing will stop it except a gas station."

"I was on a highway doing about 65 mph. A truck in front of me had an engine block fall out of it and I had nowhere to go except right over top of it. It shot my cruiser over 1 foot into the air and all that it did is put a small hole in my oil pan. Alignment was still perfect. If I would have been in almost any other vehicle, It would be totaled. I love my cruiser!"

Hands down, the most comfortable ride ever

By on Monday, December 02, 2013

Pros: "Comfort, mass, safety, quiet."

Cons: "Consumes gas readily....16 to 17 mph on freeway."

"We bought our Toyota Land Cruiser New and have loved it ever since. With 8 cylinders, it is a bit of a gas pig so we no longer use it daily, but are reluctant to let go of such a wonderful ride. It has been great for hauling kids to sporting events. The leather seats are wonderful for seating 5 people comfortably; the far rear seat is good for up to 3 young folk - too small for true adult comfort, but good when you have a crowd."

Must own one if you want a true SUV

By on Sunday, October 20, 2013

Pros: "Reliable/dependable/fun to drive/safe/looks good"

Cons: "Guzzles gas, but then again it is a 4X4"

"This vehicle rocks! The reason you don't see too many is because most people settle for less. Sure, it carries a hefty price tag, but I bought it ten years old as the third owner. This vehicle is one awesome ride. With seating for up to eight, I shuttle around my family of six, plus a friend or two. Gas is a bit costly, but worth it. The ride is actually pretty smooth, considering it delivers true 4X4 utility. Once when I was driving up by Canada, I was going a bit faster than I should have been on the highway. The roads were icy and it was snowing lightly, and I nearly lost control when the computer's traction control kicked in. I immediately thanked God for giving the Toyota engineers the insight and ability to create remarkably wonderful cars. The 4X4 ability is excellent. This car has been helpful in helping me build life-lasting memories with my family. It is amazing! A zombie-apocalypse vehicle for sure. The only complaint I have that I wish Toyota would address is that the Toyota Land Cruiser costs nearly as much as the Lexus equivalent. These cars are so awesome that I wish they would be more affordable. I wish the Toyota Land Cruisers would cost about $25K less than the Lexus version, but really they only differ by about $10K. More people should experience this ride!"

Sweet rig

By on Wednesday, October 09, 2013

Pros: "all"

"180,000 one starter, 2 o2 sensors, inner tie rods, and brakes pads. used off road, towing, and as a camper GREAT vehicle. K&N Cone and 40 series Flowmaster."

Love my Landcruiser

By on Friday, September 27, 2013

Pros: "Reliability, interior size, elegant interior style"

Cons: "Can only think of one, wish for better gas mileage"

"This is one quality vehicle, of all the cars I have owned this is my favorite. And I have had a Lexus, Infiniti, Mercedes, Corvette, Explorer and Jeep Gran Waggoner. In 8 years I have not had one problem, only new tires and brakes and of course oil changes. I plan on putting another 100,000 miles on it. Love my Landcruiser!"

Best Vehicle I ever bought

By on Saturday, August 24, 2013

Pros: "Great Quality and reliability"

Cons: "A little Pricy"

"Almost 10 years old and drives like new. No repairs, only normal service work including oil changes and tires. Would buy the Land Cruiser again only don't know when the current one will ever need replacing."

Simply said this vehicle is still relevant today

By on Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Pros: "Quality that lasts and styling still relevant"

Cons: "It is a large vehicle that consumes gas"

"I am the original owner of the 2001 LC and was so impressed with its quality when first introduced that I paid cash for it which I have never done with new vehicles. But here I am in 2013 talking to this community about it. There is no substitute for a complete style and engineering design. The vehicle looks still contemporary today, the more weight you ask it to carry actually improves handling, and my wife has refused offers of new car replacements as she is the principal driver. Reliability is exceptional based on running synthetic Mobile oil, hi test gas, and keeping the air cleaner in good condition. Basically it has had no other issues of maintenance....ever. If I had to by my car today even with $168K miles on it is a good value."

What A Beast

By on Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Pros: "Durable, reliable and comfortable"

Cons: "Still looking"

"Been Great. Cruising all over the country again for family trips this Summer. Black in color, sharp with style, .... Only one out there I've seen in awhile. We are a rare breed my friends! Average gas mileage sits at 17.4 on Hwy. Recommend change of the carbs throttle body and pcv value, air filter and tire pressure helps with MPG. Keep up with scheduled maintenance, tire rotation (Michelin Latitude Tour HP) and oil changes every 5,000. Brakes every 2-3 years. Its expected, heavy vehicle and I brake hard and for deer, bear and goats when in high country."

I LOVE THIS VEHICLE!!!

By on Friday, May 03, 2013

Pros: "BUILD QUALITY, ERGONOMICS, ON AND OFF ROAD MANNERS"

Cons: "NONE"

"I HAVE OWNED 3 JEEP RUBICONS FROM DIFFERENT YEARS 08-11 AND 2 TOYOTA FJ'S 10-11 FOR THE OFFROAD MANNERS AND UTILITARIAN ASPECT OF HAULING MY LITTLE ONE AROUND AND HIS GEAR. I HAD THE OPPORTUNITY TO PURCHASE A PRISTINE 2006 LANDCRUISER FROM A FRIEND THAT HAD BEEN PAMPERED AND SERVICED. THIS LANDCRUISER IS ONE OF THOSE THAT HAS ME ASKING MYSELF WHY DIDNT I BUY ONE OF THESE YEARS AGO? THE ON ROAD MANNERS ARE SPECTACULAR AND OFFROAD IS VERY CAPABLE AS I TOOK IT TO HOLLISTER HILLS IN CA. LAST WEEK NEAR MY HOME JUST TO CHECK OUT THE DIFF LOCK AND ARTICULATION OF THE AHC SUSPENSION. THIS HAS EXCEEDED MY EXPECTATIONS AND CAN NOW UNDERSTAND THE $70K NEW PRICEPOINT WHEN LOADED UP. IF YOU CAN FIND A WELL TAKEN CARE OF ONE, BUY IT! MINE HAD 117,000 MILES ON IT WHEN I BOUGHT LAST MONTH AND THE MILES DIDNT SCARE ME THE SLIGHTEST ON THIS RIG."

Best reliable SUV for the value

By on Saturday, April 13, 2013

Pros: "everything....many would not know it is 14 yrs old"

Cons: "gas mileage but I bought it on that knowledge"

"I bought this 1999 Landcruiser new and now have 315,000 miles. Despite the brake rotors were not designed to handle the weight, I have really appreciated the quality of this machine. 1. original battery lasted 7 years 2. Mitchelon tires last 70-80k 3. still has original transmission, shocks, muffler 4. all instrumentation ( radio )and power windows continues to work 5. gas mileage continues and consistently at 16-17 highway and 14-15 local which is what it was advertised"

Best LC value

By on Friday, December 07, 2012

Pros: "Durablle, reliable, powerful, quiet, smooth, safe."

Cons: "Low gas mileage"

"Just had a compression check of the V8. With 230K mi's it is as-new condition. yep, mileage ain't great, but we bought this beast to last, and to ensure passage in the high country, in the winter, in the snow. We have towed a 23' Sea Ray (heavy boat) all over the state, we have pulled a 4-wh dr pickup when it got stuck going up a steep, icy road while itself towing a flat bed loaded with 3 snow mobiles - you should have seen the pick-up dudes face when we did that! We did a 180 on black ice, plowed into a snow bank, and drove out of the ditch, unscathed. While stopped at a red-light, we had a teenager going about 25 mph hit us from behin in his Dad's new Taurus. It totaled the Taurus, only put one (1) dent in the stock LC rear bumper. The ride is still real quiet, and has less engine noise than our 07 Audi A6. Almost no non-routine maintenance in the 11 years we've owned it. Original Paint in excellent condition. All internals (radio, AC, etc) in perfect cond'n. The guy at the Toyota shp said it should be good to go for at leas another 100k mi......and that was 100k mi ago! After lots of time in rough country oversea, I can tell you most contractors will ONLY buy this vehicle. ......What a beast..."

super and capable

By on Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Pros: "superv capable SUV"

Cons: "gas mileage"

"we have own three of these in the past 3 years, nothing wrong with the other two that we got rid off. only complaint is low gas mileage. I would say maybe 14 city- 16 hwy? is a very capable SUV and nothing will stand on it's way, no snow,rain,sand nor mud, would stop this baby. it also has a lockable rear and or front differentials. is very comfortable and nimble. not a sports car, but very capable and comfortable for long rides,you can't hardly feel the road, it's very comfortable. The wind noise is reasonable, it can accomodate up to eight passengers and very little area for luggage with 8 passengers. that is why it has a roof rack though and or you can use your tow package to put a rack and you will not see the difference. I believe if it would have a little bit bigger motor mileage would be better because the passing gear would not engage as often on hilly roads. no problems at all mechanically speaking, only oil changes, tire rotations and timing belt when required. other than that superb vehicle. we love it, want to trade it for the lexus cousin more bells and whistles."

Awesome. Comfortable, capable

By on Monday, April 02, 2012

Pros: "Space, rugged and luxurious at the same time."

Cons: "13 city and 16 highway mileage at best"

"This is my 4th Land Cruiser and they keep getting better. I learned early on that it's not necessary to but a late model low mileage one to get a good one. They last and last and last. Toyota has done a great job building a high quality SUV that can tackle off road terrain as easily as a trip to the mall. Mine is 13 years old and still runs like the day I got it."

Incredible Vehicle

By on Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Pros: "Anything that you could think of."

"People buy cars like Range Rovers, Land Rovers, BMW X5s, etc for the image but this car will drive better, last longer, and be much more reliable than any of those models."

a really good premium priced car

By on Friday, February 10, 2012

Pros: "great car"

Cons: "expensive"

"I have owned this car since early 2003 . I have had no problems. It is even with 12500 mile s very reliable car. If I could afford it I would without hesitation buy a new one."

Best truck on the road

By on Sunday, January 29, 2012

Pros: "Just a great car, the best SUV on the road"

Cons: "Gas mileage and pricey"

"5/5"

I love this car

By on Monday, January 16, 2012

Pros: "reliable, safe, comfortable, goes anywhere"

Cons: "gas guzzler, expensive"

"over 200,000 miles and I will probably get another 200,000 miles. Reliable, safe, comfortable, goes anywhere."