1999 Toyota Land Cruiser

9.6

Based on 187 Ratings for the 1998 - 2007 models.

9.7/10
    9.8/10
    9.7/10

Want another one

By on Friday, January 04, 2008

"This absolutely the most reliable vehicle we have owned. Definitely worth every dollar we've ever spent for it and we would buy another one-but probably won't need to!"

'05 Land Cruiser - FANTASTIC for family

By on Thursday, November 01, 2007

"Pros - Great for towing, comfortable for highway and local travel, better gas mileage than expected (14.8 mpg around town with lots of stop and go), fits lots of cargo, good handling, nice backup camera. Cons - 3rd row seat only for children, navi functions limited while driving unless you put in the override every time."

Best vehicle we have owned so far!

By on Tuesday, September 04, 2007

"We purchased our Cruiser with 36,000 miles on it but it looked and drove like new. We have had it for over two years (it's a 2002) and it still looks and drives the same. The only thing we changed was the fuel pump and we're not sure why it went. The dealer and other mechanics I know said that it's not at all typical of these vehicles. We love the quiet drive and amazing interior as well as the ruggedness when needed. We have had to haul a trailer and it was not at all a problem. It's not great on gas but it's right around the same as all of the other large SUV's so we deal with it. We currently have 68,000 miles on it but I know it would go another 100 K without any issues. We love it, love it, love it!!!!!"

the best

By on Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Pros: "great"

"great vehicle"

Love my Landcruiser

By on Friday, September 27, 2013

Pros: "Reliability, interior size, elegant interior style"

Cons: "Can only think of one, wish for better gas mileage"

"This is one quality vehicle, of all the cars I have owned this is my favorite. And I have had a Lexus, Infiniti, Mercedes, Corvette, Explorer and Jeep Gran Waggoner. In 8 years I have not had one problem, only new tires and brakes and of course oil changes. I plan on putting another 100,000 miles on it. Love my Landcruiser!"

What A Beast

By on Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Pros: "Durable, reliable and comfortable"

Cons: "Still looking"

"Been Great. Cruising all over the country again for family trips this Summer. Black in color, sharp with style, .... Only one out there I've seen in awhile. We are a rare breed my friends! Average gas mileage sits at 17.4 on Hwy. Recommend change of the carbs throttle body and pcv value, air filter and tire pressure helps with MPG. Keep up with scheduled maintenance, tire rotation (Michelin Latitude Tour HP) and oil changes every 5,000. Brakes every 2-3 years. Its expected, heavy vehicle and I brake hard and for deer, bear and goats when in high country."

Best truck on the road

By on Sunday, January 29, 2012

Pros: "Just a great car, the best SUV on the road"

Cons: "Gas mileage and pricey"

"5/5"

Our 4th Land Cruiser and not our last

By on Monday, November 21, 2011

Pros: "Reliable, comfortable, great in the snow."

Cons: "Radio reception, cost of tires"

"These vehicles are incredible. It's got plenty of room for our family of 5, drives great - not like a truck - yet is great in the snow and has a great sense of safety and comfort. The 3rd row seat is actually usable with room left behind it for more storage for trips. I've towed a 21' trailer with it as well as other smaller things in tow and it handles it very well. Very reliable and durable. Once you own one you'll never want to switch to another SUV."

Toyota Perfection

By on Saturday, November 05, 2011

Pros: "Reliable reliable reliable."

Cons: "Mileage, but knew that coming in."

"Bullet proof and amazing. Only "con" is that it's full time all wheel drive on a 3/4 ton chassis. Brings the mileage down, but I knew that coming in. I love this vehicle."

Best SUV Ever.

By on Thursday, October 13, 2011

Pros: "Great vehicle. Highly reliable."

Cons: "Not good on gas."

"I love this SUV. It is actually my second Land Cruiser. I also had a 2001 Land Cruiser. Both Land Cruisers were very, very reliable. Gas mileage isn't great, but after all it's a V8. I have not had a bit of trouble out of this vehicle. Through snow and inclement weather, I can always make it to work. It has never let me down. It starts without question. People have asked me to sell it. Not going to happen. You can't go wrong with this one. Well worth the money."

Love my car!

By on Thursday, August 11, 2011

Pros: "Comfortable, fits all I need, extremely reliable"

"I have had this SUV for 91/2 years and I love it. I am only thinking of selling it. I might not be able to part with it because it has been such a great car. When someone gets in my car they can't believe it is almost 10myears old."

Looks Great after 11 years!

By on Thursday, March 10, 2011

"I bought this car in 2005 with 45K miles with the intention of keeping it forever. One hundred and fifteen thousand miles later it is still a great vehical. My husband and I have recently talked about me getting a new car and I don't want to. I am choosing to replace tbe leather, fix the bumper and take care of a few other cosmetic issues intead. I love this car. It has the wear and tear of 3 children and my neglect. I haven't had any major problems. The body style it is nothing special. Sort of understated, which I like, but super high quality everything."

rugged luxury

By on Wednesday, September 22, 2010

"Currently own a 2000 with 171,000 miles. Purchased with 71,000 miles. Before owned a 1996 that purchased with 60,000 miles and sold with 136,000. Could not be more pleased with Landcruiser. Like the look and ride. Has been extremely dependable. Would highly recommend to people that want a rugged low maintenance vehicle for the long haul. Only drawback would be the low gas mileage (15) and the CD player. Have replaced with original and have same problem-simply quits working."

This car is part of me

By on Thursday, July 15, 2010

"My father first purchased this car as his gift for himself in December 1999. I was 8 years old when we got it. This car has taken my family everywhere and still drives perfectly. I'm now 19 and can proudly say I'm driving my 2000 Land Cruiser that has been a huge part of my life. When I drive this thing I feel like I have the road at my fingertips the car is extreemly reliable, very smoothe, and like any other Toyota it has held its quality since we first purchased it. I don't think we've ever once changed the speakers and they still work perfectly. It is also huge so I always feel safe in it. I swear it feels like this car will never die. Overall this car is GREAT I'd highly recomend it to anyone who is trying to raise a family as it holds 7 passengers (not including the driver) and is very spacious, however I would not recommend this car to anyone who wants to use this car for themselves as it is a gas eater. I know I said it before but I LOVE MY 2000 TOYOTA LANDCRUISER"

Favorite Car Ever

By on Sunday, May 30, 2010

"Even with 161000 miles, I would trust this vehicle on a cross country trip. Never had mechanical problems. Routine manitenance like changing the oil is all it even needed. Absolutely the best car ever!"

adverts not needed

By on Saturday, May 01, 2010

"Ever wonder why you NEVER see an advert for LC's? Well, I suppose it's because they don't need any press. Simply THE most reliable, durable, quality SUV on the market in it's class. I've lived in remote areas all over the world and LC's are consistently the corp. vehicle of choice in Africa, Asia, Middle East, South America...to name but a few. Yes, there are better SUV's out there, but for the money, nothing else comes close."

Outstanding SUV

By on Wednesday, March 17, 2010

"After 10 years my Land Cruiser still looks and runs great. Never any maintenance problems. No repairs needed. Very comfortable. Excellent off road and on road performance through all kinds of weather and conditions. Expensive to buy, but well worth it."

By on Saturday, February 13, 2010

Awesome Vehicle!!!

By on Friday, January 29, 2010

"I have no complaints about this car. It is my favorite car I've ever owned. There is plenty of room for two carseats and someone else to sit in the middle row. The back seats fold up and can even be taken out when not in use. The back has so much room for groceries, pets, recycling, camping gear, etc etc etc. Drives AWESOME in the snow. Smooth ride otherwise- and so stylish. LOVE IT"

Can't Kill the LandCruiser

By on Tuesday, December 01, 2009

"After owning 26 other cars, I very deliberately bought my used 2000 LandCruiser because it's very practical and just won't die (even in hostile third-world countries, apparently). It's since survived long road trips, city commutes, nasty blizzards, scorching sun, heavy towing duty, and the less-than-kind driving style I acquired from racing school and exotics. At 120k+ miles, it has eaten only wear-parts (i.e., brake pads, wiper blades, and tires) and required some trivial, non-critical maintenance. I highly doubt I will ever succeed in killing this SUV; though a family friend did get bored with his after 160k miles."

Land Cruisers Rock!!!

By on Wednesday, October 07, 2009

"This is my second Land Cruiser and definately not my last. They might not be the best on gas but as far as comfort and safety they are at the top. Not to mention they are very pleasing to the eye as well. Whether on the highway or off road they are at the top of the list by far."

This is a great car

By on Tuesday, July 14, 2009

"This is the most comfortable SUV I have ever rode in. You can very easily forget it's a sport utility. Smooth, comfortable seats. the navigation system is helpfulm on a raod trip. I can't say enough, i drove this vehicle and it handles like a car. Stays tight tot the road even when cornering."

Excellent car

By on Tuesday, June 16, 2009

"I nicknamed my car "Scout" when I first got it because of the navigation system and its reliability. This is my second LC and it is a 2001 with 120000+ miles. Rides excellent, passengers and other drivers always comment on how it rides/drives smooth like a car. Yes it is a gas guzzler but the lack of need for repair and service more than makes up for this. Used it to tow my two large dogs and anything else I needed to lug. Dependable and tough. I plan to keep it and still buy another Toyota. Primarily routine maintenance since I've owned it. Built sturdy. I love this car, no trade-in for me!"

Best SUV ... worth every penny

By on Friday, April 03, 2009

"I have owned my LC for 9 years... 128K miles and going strong... I LOVE my SUV and will keep it until it falls apart. I am constantly on the go with a full load of kids in tow... I feel save and secure in this vehicle. No major service expenses only routine maintenance. Well worth the price in the long run!"

best vehicle

By on Sunday, February 22, 2009

"This is the best vehicle I have ever owned. I have never had a problem with it and plan to keep it until it falls apart."