1997 Toyota Land Cruiser

9.4

Based on 124 Ratings for the 1991 - 1997 models.

My LC

By on Wednesday, November 17, 2010

"I bought this 1992 Land Cruiser over a year ago with 185,000 miles on it. It now has 208,000 miles on it and it still runs great. It goes anywhere and doesnt care what the terrain is like or if there is snow on the ground. I gave it 4 out of 5 stars on performance only because it it pretty gutless and gets bad gas mileage, which I was aware of before I bought it. I sold my 4-runner and bought this for the third row seating which comes in handy. All of my power options work great and there is nothing that does not function on the vehicle except the parking lights (no biggie). It has over 200k miles but for an inline 6 that is not a lot of miles. The LC is my daily driver and I would not hesitate to drive it anywhere. I run 31" good year MT's on it and they have 22k miles on them and have used less than half the tread. I would strongly reccommend these tires to anyone with a LC... they hold up very well on the highway and off road. They are only 6 ply but have held up great for me. When this one eventually dies I fully intend on buying another LC probably a mid-late '90s if I can find one."

Simply Timeless Quality

By on Monday, July 06, 2009

"I can't say enough about this vehicle. Its like James Bond's tuxedo regardless of the task at hand, it just works. The A/C will freeze you and the heat (with rear heater) will scald you. Well engineered, well put together (thats why the UN uses these and a lot of Australians in the outback too. If the apocalypse is coming...This is what I want to be driving!!"

Best Toyota ever!

By on Friday, February 06, 2009

"I bought the first Land Cruiser and my wife liked it so much, that I had to buy another one for myself!! We now own two 40th Ed 1997. Same Sage color. The 3 differential locks are great for off-roading. We have BF Goodrich and no problems in the snow. We feel very safe in this vehicle, no matter the snow storm we are in. I tow my 26 ft sail boat with ease. Pulling it out of the water is easy due to the 4wd. We highly recommend this vehicle to anyone contemplating one. It may not be good on gas, but overall it is very economical to operate as it does NOT break down. The first one took me 6 months to find. The second one almost 1.5 years. I was looking for a 1997 with the 3 differential locks in good shape with low miles. I have seen one that had 750,000 miles on it!!! Original engine!!!"

Ultimate SUV

By on Tuesday, May 27, 2008

"Purchased my 1995 Land Cruiser with over 200,000 miles on it. Still runs and handles beautifully. Very comfortable ride and has power you can hear and feel. Once you buy one, you'll never go back to anything else. Only drawback is the gas mileage, but considering everything you get with this SUV, it's an even trade!"

Unbelivable off road vehicle

By on Wednesday, May 14, 2008

"This vehicle is an unreal off road machine. Even stock can whip any lifted jeep. But even better because of toyota's unmatched quality and dependability. Mine has 209000 and still runs strong."